• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Tiny Dungeon/TinyD6] Doing anything with it? Tell me, please, if so!

Borogove

quiet desolation
Validated User
Questions for the more Tiny D6 experienced: the trait limit of seven-- does that mean hard seven (including heritage trait) or heritage trait and up to seven others?

Also does the limit of seven traits apply if you're using experience points instead of the minimalist advancement?
As written, it appears that heritage traits count against that limit, and it only applies when using minimalist advancement.

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
As written, it appears that heritage traits count against that limit, and it only applies when using minimalist advancement.
I can't find any clarification in the text, but I'd always assumed the intent was for the seven trait limit to apply regardless of advancement method.

fedcomic

Validated User
Okay, so here's the transcript.

Person1: So, the 7 Trait cap is only mentioned in The Minimalist Advancement option. It's not mentioned in the Experience Points option. Since those two sections are referred to as two different systems that the GM can choose, I've been under the assumption that the Trait limit isn't a universal concept for the TinyD6 system.

Alan: nope
Alan: it's not

Person2: So characters can have 10 traits?

Alan: Characters only cap at 7 under an optional rule set.

So the official answer seems to be that there is no 7-trait cap when using the optional rules for Experience Points.

TimsGeekery

Validated User
So, I am working on a street-level Tiny Supers game inspired by Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I'm also STRONGLY considering switching my 1991 D&D Rules Cyclopedia game to Tiny Dungeon. I just recently came across the system (thanks, Bundle of Holding) and I'm really digging on it. It's minimalistic and fun and has tons of potential and is infinitely hackable. My kind of game. :)

fedcomic

Validated User
So, I am working on a street-level Tiny Supers game inspired by Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I'm also STRONGLY considering switching my 1991 D&D Rules Cyclopedia game to Tiny Dungeon. I just recently came across the system (thanks, Bundle of Holding) and I'm really digging on it. It's minimalistic and fun and has tons of potential and is infinitely hackable. My kind of game. :)
It really is a load of fun. And has a great fan community. Are you on the Discord yet? Or the FB fan group?

Dr_Kayfabe

I found Tiny Dungeons about a month or so ago, and started a campaign to try it out. It’s rapidly become my group’s new favorite system.

And this week I found Stranger Stuff, and it hits the right spot that I was looking for with Kids On Bikes. I already know and like the TinyD6 system, so after we wrap up this test campaign I’ll be running a Stranger Stuff game to finally appease my players who have been asking for something like that. Plus, having just watched ST3, I’m in the mood for a game like that as well!

You should check out the Micronomicon Kickstarter, it looks like it’s going to be a fantastic addition for magic users in any TinyD6 game!

Top Bottom