• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC To Sail the Sleeping Stars

Starcrash

Validated User
I'd say you were filling the Arch-Militant spot, Kitty. Chief advisor in matters of armed combat, liaison between the Rogue Trader and the ship's armsmen and other soldiers.

Ezekiel is communications, and the Counselor Troi analogue - good for putting a quiet word in the Captain's ear (or mind) about potential trouble. He was assigned to the ship relatively recently.

I've assumed in the IC thread that we have an astropathic choir aboard, and I'm also guessing that we have several Navigators. Just based on the size of the ship it would seem mandatory. With a crew approaching half a million, risking them all to the Warp if one person has a heart attack would seem... imprudent.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just curious, how long have we been crewing this vessel? I rather imagined Brigia as having just signed on for this specific trip. In fact, I'm wasn't sure if she signed on strictly as a passenger or as crew. I mean what is her actual job? For that matter, what are the official positions of the group? I mean the Tech-Priest is engineering obviously, but what about the rest of y'all?
I have Brigia listed as a passenger that has caught the eye of the Lady-Captain, let me know if you want that status changed.

Erriath (or yourself if you choose) is the Arch-Militant equivalent in the retinue currently. Ezekiel is the Astropath Ascendant. Agnes is the Explorator. Horatio is... complicated. And of course, Olga is the Lady-Captain.

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
I have Brigia listed as a passenger that has caught the eye of the Lady-Captain, let me know if you want that status changed.

Erriath (or yourself if you choose) is the Arch-Militant equivalent in the retinue currently. Ezekiel is the Astropath Ascendant. Agnes is the Explorator. Horatio is... complicated. And of course, Olga is the Lady-Captain.
For the time being passenger is just fine as I suspect Brigia's services will be required shortly.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd say you were filling the Arch-Militant spot, Kitty. Chief advisor in matters of armed combat, liaison between the Rogue Trader and the ship's armsmen and other soldiers.

Ezekiel is communications, and the Counselor Troi analogue - good for putting a quiet word in the Captain's ear (or mind) about potential trouble. He was assigned to the ship relatively recently.

I've assumed in the IC thread that we have an astropathic choir aboard, and I'm also guessing that we have several Navigators. Just based on the size of the ship it would seem mandatory. With a crew approaching half a million, risking them all to the Warp if one person has a heart attack would seem... imprudent.
Indeed, there is both an astropathic choir and a multitude of Navigators aboard. However, the Prime Navigator, who is a direct part of Olga's retinue, is Merela Zeingarde - an eccentric woman who oddly appears to have no mutations at all.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Merela Zeingarde (Prime Navigator)
HC: Eccentric Descendant of the Paternova
Trouble: Enlightenment Can Drive You Mad
Personal: Was This Yours? Well Now It's Mine
Connection: A Hefty Burden Is Dynasty Service
Duty: I Will Get Us There or Die Trying

Bastion Graves (Your Seneschal)
High Concept: Enigmatic Masked Seneschal Trouble: Once I'm On Your Tail I Cannot Be Stopped
Personal: Master of Mysterious Technology
Duty: An Eye For Details Focused on Finances
Connection: A Fondness For Jewels and Feathered Friends

Anastasia Encarmine (Your Ship)
High Concept: Gloriana-class Battle Cruiser Mark XI
Trouble: Blasphemous Tendencies
Past History: Reliquary of Mars
Component: Archaeotech Life Sustainer Component: Ryza Pattern Nova Cannon
Stress: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Profit Factor: [1] [2]
Extras: Sunsear Laser Battery, Titanforge Lance Battery, Temple-Shrine to the God-Emperor, Cache of Ancient Virus Bombs, Vast Treasury

So, this thing practically bristles with high-grade Exterminatus-level weaponry, is insanely tough, has an ancient life sustainer that purifies and sweetens the air/water to an unimaginable extent, is a relic of ancient days so holy that if any half-decent Magos (or anyone from Mars for that matter) saw it they'd fall to their knees and consider themselves blessed by the Omnissiah just to have seen it, and more besides. It does have a tendency to love the Warp a little too much - and make others more susceptible to its influence while onboard - but that doesn't matter right?!

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Merela Zeingarde (Prime Navigator)
HC: Eccentric Descendant of the Paternova
Trouble: Enlightenment Can Drive You Mad
Personal: Was This Yours? Well Now It's Mine
Connection: A Hefty Burden Is Dynasty Service
Duty: I Will Get Us There or Die Trying

Bastion Graves (Your Seneschal)
High Concept: Enigmatic Masked Seneschal Trouble: Once I'm On Your Tail I Cannot Be Stopped
Personal: Master of Mysterious Technology
Duty: An Eye For Details Focused on Finances
Connection: A Fondness For Jewels and Feathered Friends

Anastasia Encarmine (Your Ship)
High Concept: Gloriana-class Battle Cruiser Mark XI
Trouble: Blasphemous Tendencies
Past History: Reliquary of Mars
Component: Archaeotech Life Sustainer Component: Ryza Pattern Nova Cannon
Stress: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Profit Factor: [1] [2]
Extras: Sunsear Laser Battery, Titanforge Lance Battery, Temple-Shrine to the God-Emperor, Cache of Ancient Virus Bombs, Vast Treasury

So, this thing practically bristles with high-grade Exterminatus-level weaponry, is insanely tough, has an ancient life sustainer that purifies and sweetens the air/water to an unimaginable extent, is a relic of ancient days so holy that if any half-decent Magos (or anyone from Mars for that matter) saw it they'd fall to their knees and consider themselves blessed by the Omnissiah just to have seen it, and more besides. It does have a tendency to love the Warp a little too much - and make others more susceptible to its influence while onboard - but that doesn't matter right?!
Who's the chief Cleric? You know, I bet there isn't even one!! If Brigia walks into that Onion Domed temple (and she will) she's gonna find what, like, 6 inches of dust and a copy of the Twelve Lamentations of St. Ophelia in which a young Olga once scribbled dirty limericks??

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Who's the chief Cleric? You know I bet there isn't even one? If Brigia walks into that Onion Domed temple she's gonna find what, like, 6 inches of dust and a copy of the Twelve Lamentations of St. Ophelia in which a young Olga once scribbled dirty limericks??
...Yeah, about right, honestly. To be more specific, there is no chief cleric. There aren't any Ecclesiarchy folks here at all, except maybe a couple of laymen among the crew.

Last edited:

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
I finally got around to googling “Gloriana Class Battleship” and Holy Fuck!! They average around 20 kilometers in length??!! That’s just over 12 miles long!! God Damn!!!

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I finally got around to googling “Gloriana Class Battleship” and Holy Fuck!! They average around 20 kilometers in length??!! That’s just over 12 miles long!! God Damn!!!
Correct! Which explains the necessary 500,000 crew and the fuckton of weapons.

And the, ahem, "Mark XI" part of its name as well.

Donan

Validated User
This is going to be an interesting ride. We've quite the varied (and somewhat murderous!) cast. :D

Top Bottom