• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC To Sail the Sleeping Stars

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Oooo. Well, time to cleanse some poor unfortunate Imperials and release their purified souls to the eternal embrace of their Emperor. I’m sure they’ll be very grateful.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm sure. No one enjoys the Warp. Except cultists of Chaos. And those guys are just jerks.

Starcrash

Validated User
(why has this thread not been showing up in my notifications? Grr.)

Turbolifts and other Internal Carriage of the Anastasia Encarmine

Miles in length, broad and deep, the complex interior of a Gloriana would take weeks to traverse on foot. Thus, in common with most spacecraft, a number of systems exist to facilitate rapid movement. In the main decks these are primarily electromagnetically driven trams, making regular circuits to a number of transit stations. Vertical access is provided by a number of large shafts, cutting through the decks at intervals. It is perhaps worthy of note that for structural reasons none of these vertical passageways extend the full height of the ship, so to progress from the top-most deck to the lowest bilges would require several changes (and assistance from a good sump-man to make the final leg by ladder and accessway).

The gun batteries are further served by dedicated carriages, armoured and enclosed to ensure that should a power cell or other munition become volatile any accidents are mostly confined. While this is scant comfort for their drivers, it reduces the risk of severe internal damage in case of mishap. Similarly for safety reasons, these carriages do not run on the same charged rail systems as the trams, but are pulled by chains attached to combustion engines which can, in an emergency, be used as backup generators for the laser batteries.

For the officers (and notable guests), a series of "turbolifts" are provided. The turbolift network extends throughout significant volume of the vessel. Access to this system requires a privileged rune-key, but can transport an individual or small group (no more than a dozen) with breathtaking speed. Each individual turbolift is equipped with an inertial-nullifying system so finely tuned that passengers are often unaware they are even in motion. To counteract this, lumen-panels within the turbolifts project moving patterns of light to simulate the journey. While the codes are changed at irregular intervals and each turbolift portal guarded by an armsman (notable by their scarlet tunics and ornate las-pistols) it is an open secret that unauthorised usage does occur.

Last edited:

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Are they actually called Turbolifts? Makes it sound like we're on the Enterprise...

Last edited:

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Are they actually called Turbolifts? Makes it sound like were on the Enterprise...
The actual name takes up a scroll and a half and is mostly in binary. Olga calls them "turbolifts" mostly because it makes the tech-adept's skin tone match his robe.

Starcrash

Validated User
To quickly summarise from my bit above:

Turbolifts are for us, and fast, hence the name.

Trams are for regular getting around the ship.

The munitions trains are there if you have a pressing desire to tour the gun-decks.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
To quickly summarize from my bit above:

Turbolifts are for us, and fast, hence the name.

Trams are for regular getting around the ship.

The munitions trains are there if you have a pressing desire to tour the gun-decks.
Sounds good.

Top Bottom