• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC To Sail the Sleeping Stars

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
The bolt rounds smash into the canister, sending it flying into the now-invading group of rebels, but in their haste to attack one of them falls atop of it and takes the brunt of the fiery blast, being instantly vaporized but inadvertently shielding the rest from a burning death.

Lasgun shots and autogun bullets start smashing in cascades through the decorated glass windows and wooden door, such luxuries ripped to shreds in moments by concentrated bursts of fire. The rebels begin to charge forward, screams of wrath and victory roaring forth!

OOC: Defend with Athletics: 4dF+2 2. I'll spend a GM FP on their aspect Fight For Freedom! to make that a 4.
As the crushing wave of wretched humanity surged towards the gap in the compound’s fortifications Brigia moved quickly. Hitting her jump-pack, the Sister leapt to the top of the Governor’s palace and began to seal the breach in a way only a Seraphim could. Drawing her inferno pistols, Brigia took aim and blasted pressurized Promenthium concentrate in a wide sweeping arc along the forward perimeter of the Residence. A monstrous wall of flame roared into existence, greedily consuming anything and everything along its path of creation and boldly defying any who would dare to pass.

Activating the Vox Caster installed in her rebreather mask she called out to the riotous crowd.

“This is Sister-Superior Brigia Theodorus of the Order of the Sacred Pyre!! This assemblage has been declared Heretical by the Adepta Sororitas!! All rioters will cease hostilities immediately and await the Emperor’s judgement!!”

OOC: Rolling Shoot in order to Create Advantage Impenetrable Firewall

Create a Firewall: 4dF+4 3 and I’ll spend a Fate Point and Invoke Former Seraphim Squad Commander of the Order of the Sacred Pyre to bump that to +5 AND invoke my Unleash Hell Stunt to raise movement in the zone to a +2 opposition.

Last edited:

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
With agility and elegance unparalleled by any monkeigh; you leap, twist, and soar gracefully over the heads of the quarrelsome rebels below - even using a couple heads as stepping stones on your way.

Your last leap brings you inside the mansion proper through a shattered windowsill. Inside, a vast room filled with many luxurious and adornments by far unavailable to the squalid masses below greets your gaze. In seconds you locate what you're really here to find: the hefty planetary governor and his family huddled inside a spacious bathroom in fear of the only other figure in the room.

A Shadowseer. A Harlequin who plays the role of Fate and Death in the grand performances held beneath the watchful eye of the Laughing God. Their shimmering, expressionless mirrored mask turns to look upon you, and a feeling of welcome radiates from their body language.

<<Greetings, kin of my kin, jester of Cegorach. I am pleased to see you here, on the falling curtain of this play.>>

The Eldar language is music to your ears.
He laughed silently. Of course thing were going to get more interesting. The gods will laugh...

<<Seer. My honor to be in your presence.>>

Horatio removes the bulky human helmet, and looked at the humans. "your Graces, I am with the Lord-Captain Karinzsky. We are a Rogue Trader ship in orbit, and we are currently cleaning up the revolution at your gates. You will be safe."

He then turned to the Seer. <<So, my Seer--are these mon'keigh to live or die? If I may be so bold...what is the story here?>>

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unaware of the Shadowseer inside, Erriath tore into the rebel who'd held the melta, bringing him down as tooth and knife ripped through armour, clothing and flesh. The man screamed once before falling silent and the Kroot fed, snarling in defiance at the other rebels. It had been too long since he'd found a good meal and he was hungry.
The consumed genetics of the human meld and mold within you - ones that will make your eventual creche of Kroot stronger and more skilled in use of fiery weaponry. The fresh meat and steaming blood are treats to your beaky maw, as the Lady-Captain permits little to no cannibalization of her crew, leaving you to eat dried - or worse, cooked - meat while aboard her vessel.

As the crushing wave of wretched humanity surged forward towards the gap in the compound’s fortifications Brigia moved quickly. Hitting her jump-pack the Sister leapt to the top of the governor’s palace and began to seal the breach in the way only a Seraphim could. Drawing her inferno pistols, Brigia took aim and made a sweeping blast of pressurized promethium concentrate along a wide arc in front of the forward perimeter of the residence. A monstrous wall of flame roared into existence, greedily consuming anything and everything along its path of creation and boldly defying any who would dare to pass.

Activating the Vox Caster installed in her rebreather mask she called out to the riotous crowd.

“This is Sister-Superior Brigia Theodorus of the Order of the Sacred Pyre! This assemblage has been declared heretical by the Adepta Sororitas! All rioters will cease hostilities and await the Emperor’s judgment!"
The sudden wall of hellish flame that appears before them as if the wrath of some angry god is more than enough to stop the poorly armored and organized rebels in their tracks. With no way and no desire to cross the fires hot enough to turn metal to molten slag and bones to charred ash in seconds, the remaining rebels take the only other option they can: running like holy judgment is at their heels. Scattering in all directions, the final mob disperses fast, fast enough that even Brigia can't track them all with her bolter, though she brings doom upon a great number.

OOC: Considering the fact that the rebels would have to roll a +4 to even stand a chance of overcoming that aspect, I'm not going to bother trying.

He laughed silently. Of course things were going to get more interesting. The gods will laugh...

<<Seer. My honor to be in your presence.>>

Horatio removes the bulky human helmet, and looked at the humans. "Your Graces, I am with the Lord-Captain Karinzsky. We are a Rogue Trader ship in orbit, and we are currently cleaning up the revolution at your gates. You will be safe."

He then turned to the Seer. <<So, my Seer--are these mon'keigh to live or die? If I may be so bold...what is the story here?>>
<<They were intended to meet their ends as part of a short story of morality, reflecting the rise of the Aeldari against the Enemy. But... this plot twist is quite amusing. I shall let it linger - a tale of escape most dire and costly.>>

The Shadowseer's mask reflects the face of a smiling jester tinged with droplets of caution and lessons hard learned. If you weren't aware of the nature of a Seer's mask already, it would be disturbing.

<<The story is the important thing however, and the reason our troupes broke apart into singular performances. Among the monkeigh's tithe was a container set to be delivered to their Inquisition. Primary among it was this.>> The Shadowseer holds up an Imperial dataslate in two fingers.

<<It is believed this contains clues to the whereabouts of the final Crone Sword. And that it is somewhere in this sector.>>

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Once the last remaining rioters had either fled back into the hive or lay dead on the ground, Brigia jumped down from the Governor’s rooftop and made her way towards the Captain and her entourage.

“My Lady-Captain, regarding my earlier actions on the landing pad, I am informed I acted...abruptly and wish to offer you my official and most sincere apology.” the Sister paused for a moment, giving the Captain’s ensemble a curious if not slightly confused once over. “Also, and forgive me for asking but, did you change clothes?”

Last edited:

Sabermane

Validated User
<<They were intended to meet their ends as part of a short story of morality, reflecting the rise of the Aeldari against the Enemy. But... this plot twist is quite amusing. I shall let it linger - a tale of escape most dire and costly.>>

The Shadowseer's mask reflects the face of a smiling jester tinged with droplets of caution and lessons hard learned. If you weren't aware of the nature of a Seer's mask already, it would be disturbing.

<<The story is the important thing however, and the reason our troupes broke apart into singular performances. Among the monkeigh's tithe was a container set to be delivered to their Inquisition. Primary among it was this.>> The Shadowseer holds up an Imperial dataslate in two fingers.

<<It is believed this contains clues to the whereabouts of the final Crone Sword. And that it is somewhere in this sector.>>
Horatio's words sounded, to gothic ears, full of emotion and pride and hope for the future. <<Please, Shadowseer--do as you wish with these ones. I honestly care not for them or their lives. But this...>> He grabbed the dataslate delicately. <<Have you read it? A secret this rare is too delicious for one set of eyes...>>

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Horatio's words sounded, to gothic ears, full of emotion and pride and hope for the future. <<Please, Shadowseer--do as you wish with these ones. I honestly care not for them or their lives. But this...>> He grabbed the dataslate delicately. <<Have you read it? A secret this rare is too delicious for one set of eyes...>>
<<I have. Pass it along to any other Harlequin you meet. More eyes is ever better than none. As for these monkeigh...>>

The Shadowseer strides elegantly into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them. In moments shrieks of joyous terror erupt before being abruptly cut off, a kaleidoscopic mist seeping out from beneath the doorframe briefly.

When the door slowly creaks open again, the Shadowseer is gone, having left only five corpses with expressions of blissful fear plastered on their faces.

Sabermane

Validated User
<<I have. Pass it along to any other Harlequin you meet. More eyes is ever better than none. As for these monkeigh...>>

The Shadowseer strides elegantly into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them. In moments shrieks of joyous terror erupt before being abruptly cut off, a kaleidoscopic mist seeping out from beneath the doorframe briefly.

When the door slowly creaks open again, the Shadowseer is gone, having left only five corpses with expressions of blissful fear plastered on their faces.
Horatio put his helmet back on and,after a moment of quiet reflection of the seers work, tapped the comm for the command crew.
"Lord Captain. We are too late. The governor and his family are dead."

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Olga snapped off a few ineffectual shots st the fleeing rebels, slashing the air with her sword and making what she thought of as martial sounds while they scattered. She was more interested in cutting a dashing figure as the group approached the manor than actually doing damage. Her attention was fixed on Brigia's power armored form standing in the gap, and as they closed she raised her sword between the pair of them warily. "I had to change," she said frostily. "Blood splatter does not go with high fashion." She eyed the woman for another long minute before making a noise and tossing her hair, wirelessly ordering the Sororitas back into her retinue as they marched towards the mansion.

Donan

Validated User
Having finished his meal, Erriath likewise headed into the manor. After a brief consideration he grabbed a fallen rebel and slung him over his shoulders.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Olga snapped off a few ineffectual shots st the fleeing rebels, slashing the air with her sword and making what she thought of as martial sounds while they scattered. She was more interested in cutting a dashing figure as the group approached the manor than actually doing damage. Her attention was fixed on Brigia's power armored form standing in the gap, and as they closed she raised her sword between the pair of them warily. "I had to change," she said frostily. "Blood splatter does not go with high fashion." She eyed the woman for another long minute before making a noise and tossing her hair, wirelessly ordering the Sororitas back into her retinue as they marched towards the mansion.
Entering the manor, you find the usual opulence and ostentatious decor associated with a planetary governor. Finding nothing of interest on the first floor beyond combat-ruined furniture and shattered glass - and perhaps a few rare paintings - you ascend to the second via a private elevatus.

There, Rogue Trader and retinue find Horatio going through the governor's gilded wine and liquor cabinet without a care, the dead bodies of said former governor and family slumped behind him in a lavish bathroom with expressions of amazed horror permanently etched on their faces. An Imperial dataslate lays tossed aside amidst the cushions of a velvet upholstered couch.

Top Bottom