IC To Sail the Sleeping Stars

Starcrash

Validated User
As the sister stomped off in her armor she turned to the astropath. "Contact Graves. Instruct him to return to the ship and then find out where the center of government is on the planet. We have control of the governor's mansion, the next step is wherever they actually sign laws in this hive."
Ezekiel bows deeply, but does not reach for his vox at once. "By your will, Milady, though given this is an Imperial world, there are likely to be members of my brethren within the seat of actual government. Perhaps if I can make contact with them we may excuse Master Graves another trip, and," he adds diffidently, "He may remain ready to safeguard your august presence should the situation escalate further."

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Sister of Battle
Validated User
"The dirges will be sung later," Olga replied dryly. "Yes, Brigia, it may be best for you to summon these ersatz Arbites from their tone edifice. They're the ones likely to actually care that the head of the planet is dead, if anyone does." As the sister stomped off in her armor she turned to the astropath. "Contact Graves. Instruct him to return to the ship and then find out where the center of government is on the planet. We have control of the governor's mansion, the next step is wherever they actually sign laws in this hive."
Brigia gave her Lady-Captain a curt nod of the head and departed to find the headquarters of what laughingly passed itself off as the local constabulary of this backwater factorum of a planet. It didn’t take the Sister long and a few brusk inquiries later she found herself standing in front of the fortress of the Swords of the Sightless Eye.

Last edited:

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Horatio will leave to examine the rest of the mansion...
The Aeldari Harlequin finds... very little of amusement or interest for himself here in the monkeigh manor, beyond two things: that the Shadowseer saw fit to leave most of the staff and menials alive except a few, and those did not receive the wonders supplied by their creidann grenade launcher - killed instead by the Harlequin's Kiss; and that the former governor's office has been left wide open with his Imperial access codes and ID signature out on his desk for anyone to find or use.

Ezekiel bows deeply, but does not reach for his vox at once. "By your will, Milady, though given this is an Imperial world, there are likely to be members of my brethren within the seat of actual government. Perhaps if I can make contact with them we may excuse Master Graves another trip, and," he adds diffidently, "He may remain ready to safeguard your august presence should the situation escalate further."
Contacting the astropaths of Khyber is monumentally easy for you, and in minutes you have the information requested: laws are signed at the House of Judgment located within the Watchful Spire at the tip-top of the Upper Hive. For any laws to be passed requires the presence of the governor, the Lord Sword, and the Cardinal.

Brigia gave her Lady-Captain a curt nod of the head and departed to find the headquarters of what laughingly passed itself off as the local constabulary of this backwater factorum of a planet. It didn’t take the Sister long and a few brusk inquiries later she found herself standing in front of the fortress of the Swords of the Sightless Eye.
Apparently, according to the prior description given by Olga, they've upped their defenses quite a bit: some manner of crackling energy shield ripples over the ceramite walls, and ten heavy combat servitors stand ready with weapons hot to guard the entrance of the building from all intruders.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Suddenly, without warning a modulated mechanical voice echoes hollowly across the Anastasia Encarmine's private encrypted commbead frequency, accompanied by a quiet hissing sound similar to the release of steam or dry ice - Bastion.

"I am giving a current update of my status. We were assaulted by over eight hundred rebels at the landing pad, including their Captain, who sought to take our transport and thus our ship. They have been dealt with. With this, I believe the rebellion will be suffering a dearth of motivation. That is all."

The link ends just as abruptly as it had begun.

Last edited:

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Sister of Battle
Validated User
"The dirges will be sung later," Olga replied dryly. "Yes, Brigia, it may be best for you to summon these ersatz Arbites from their tone edifice. They're the ones likely to actually care that the head of the planet is dead, if anyone does." As the sister stomped off in her armor she turned to the astropath. "Contact Graves. Instruct him to return to the ship and then find out where the center of government is on the planet. We have control of the governor's mansion, the next step is wherever they actually sign laws in this hive."
OOC: Retroactive Edit

Brigia gave her Lady-Captain a curt nod of the head as she departed with the Choir-Master to locate the headquarters of what laughingly passed itself off as the local constabulary. It didn’t take the Sister long and a few brusk inquiries later she found herself standing in an empty lift next to the Astropath as they descended the hive towards the level containing the fortress of the Swords of the Sightless Eye.

"Choir-Master, I require a clarification. Earlier, over the Vox, you expressed a concern that you had caused me injury. Explain."

Last edited:
Top Bottom