• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Isator Levie

Validated User
So, to continue the prior subject:

In some ways, Higgs reminds me of Garak from Deep Space Nine, albeit with some tweaks of motive and circumstance. Mostly from that manner of preserving a certain candor about his situation past the point where a lot of evidence for it has continuously mounted.

Hmm, I thought I might have had a point with that, but I've kind of forgotten it... just left with a stray observation.

Has Higgs had much direct contact with Agatha yet? I know he handed her the Dyne water, but any specific one-on-one discourse between the two?

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, to continue the prior subject:

In some ways, Higgs reminds me of Garak from Deep Space Nine, albeit with some tweaks of motive and circumstance. Mostly from that manner of preserving a certain candor about his situation past the point where a lot of evidence for it has continuously mounted.

Hmm, I thought I might have had a point with that, but I've kind of forgotten it... just left with a stray observation.

Has Higgs had much direct contact with Agatha yet? I know he handed her the Dyne water, but any specific one-on-one discourse between the two?
I think we were told at some point that the hidden general was going to remain hidden until Lucrezia was out of Agatha's head. Though I can't remember exactly where.

csyphrett

Validated User
I thought when Tarvek started speculating about Higgs's status, Higgs started choking him until they reached an agreement.
CES

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
I think we were told at some point that the hidden general was going to remain hidden until Lucrezia was out of Agatha's head. Though I can't remember exactly where.
At the meeting with the generals in Mechanicsburg (the one with Tarvek and Krosp in a silly hat).

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
the hidden general was going to remain hidden until Lucrezia was out of Agatha's head.
Hiding his identity from Lucrezia is definitely a good idea.

I thought when Tarvek started speculating about Higgs's status, Higgs started choking him until they reached an agreement.
I don't think Tarvek was speculating. He knew for sure and was just informing Higgs that he knew.

csyphrett

Validated User
I don't think Tarvek was speculating. He knew for sure and was just informing Higgs that he knew.
Thus leading to the choking, which led to the agreement. I wonder how many other people Higgs has decided to choke out when they found out he was a Jaeger
CES

LoneWolf23

Validated User
Thus leading to the choking, which led to the agreement. I wonder how many other people Higgs has decided to choke out when they found out he was a Jaeger
CES
Considering Higgs knew just how hard and how long to choke to just put the fear of God into Tarvek? Many, most likely. But that was an awesome moment for both characters. Tarvek demonstrating not just his ability to put together clues that others would overlook, but his willingness to put everything on the line for Agatha's sakes, and Higgs demonstrating just why putting your life in the hands of a Jaeger clearly ruthless enough to kill anyone knowing his secret might not be such a wise move... ...and then deciding this proves Tarvek is worth keeping around.

Isator Levie

Validated User
My query was more about whether Higgs has had a window to display (or distinctly not) the characteristic deference to the Heterodyne.

LoneWolf23

Validated User
My query was more about whether Higgs has had a window to display (or distinctly not) the characteristic deference to the Heterodyne.
Oh, he's done so repeatedly, but has maintained his cover as a non-Jaeger each time. Often by taking advantage of her mind being occupied with some other task.

Top Bottom