• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
I had the feeling that there is also a certain pride in not giving up and having created something marvelous in the process.
Also Moonbark said their island is still sinking, it´s not about giving up Londinium, they would have to abandon England.
That's such an english thing to do. London is rightfully proud of The Blitz Spirit (despite it getting called out by atrocious people these days) and the inhabitants efforts to stay and not give up. The City or Country or Queen not giving up and somehow getting a solution out the end is a repeated trope that comes up in various media. Take a look at the small section on the UK inthe World War Z novel, for example.

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
I've seen signs of this kind of attitude in real-life Britishers.

And given what Mad! Science! can do, keeping England dry is not a hopeless case. Just very difficult.
To quote the late Queen Mother, when asked to evacuate the British Isles: "The children will not leave unless I do. I shall not leave unless their father does, and the king will not leave the country in any circumstances, whatever."

sarellion

Validated User
Hm, do I understand that correctly? Lucrezia can emerge even with the locket in place when Agatha goes into spark mode? I am pretty sure that Agatha had quite a few spark moments since Lucrezia is riding inside her, so why didn´t she escape earlier?

Fade

Validated User
Lucrezia is gaining power and able to emerge more and more. Hence the urgency of the neurosurgery.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Hm, do I understand that correctly? Lucrezia can emerge even with the locket in place when Agatha goes into spark mode? I am pretty sure that Agatha had quite a few spark moments since Lucrezia is riding inside her, so why didn´t she escape earlier?
My hypothesis is that this time it _matters_. Lucrezia is fighting for her life here.

Top Bottom