• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Lucrezia in Mechanicsburg seemed not much concerned with her own fate provided she could get her information into the hands of the other instances of her.
So she may be fighting more for the chance to get all she's learned into the hands of the other, uh--Others--than for her own survival.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Hm, do I understand that correctly? Lucrezia can emerge even with the locket in place when Agatha goes into spark mode? I am pretty sure that Agatha had quite a few spark moments since Lucrezia is riding inside her, so why didn´t she escape earlier?
Agatha mentioned that Lucrezia "quieted down" a couple pages earlier. And it's been shown that while she can't take over completely with the locket on, she can heavily influence Agatha's actions if she's caught off guard (during the Castle arc, Agatha was very flirty and coquettish towards Tarvek, and he noticed that's a pretty Lucrezia kind of thing, to which Agatha agreed).

Between that and Agatha's faulty access to Lucrezia's memories, she may have been "fed" modifications to apply, thinking they'd do something different, and/or have been taken over temporarily while distracted

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
while she can't take over completely with the locket on, she can heavily influence Agatha's actions if she's caught off guard
Also in the library in Paris, "Agatha" freed the entity in von Rijn's secret lair without even thinking much about it. It was probably Lucrezia freeing herself. It was a pretty clear incident of Lucrezia influencing Agatha without having to take control directly.

I think Lu is going to get put into some sort of metal body and then escape, possibly incorporeally, not control any of the sparks there. But I can't figure out exactly what Lu is going to do. Considering we have an extra dimensional entity wandering around, it may be involved somehow. She might actually just control him directly and then escape.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Also in the library in Paris, "Agatha" freed the entity in von Rijn's secret lair without even thinking much about it. It was probably Lucrezia freeing herself. It was a pretty clear incident of Lucrezia influencing Agatha without having to take control directly.

I think Lu is going to get put into some sort of metal body and then escape, possibly incorporeally, not control any of the sparks there. But I can't figure out exactly what Lu is going to do. Considering we have an extra dimensional entity wandering around, it may be involved somehow. She might actually just control him directly and then escape.
Good call, I knew I was forgetting a more direct example.

In Van Rijn's hermitorium, Agatha started working on machines, knowing how to turn them off but not quite sure what they'd do once deactivated. I suspect a similiar effect at work here

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Hm, do I understand that correctly? Lucrezia can emerge even with the locket in place when Agatha goes into spark mode? I am pretty sure that Agatha had quite a few spark moments since Lucrezia is riding inside her, so why didn´t she escape earlier?
She was still learning how to bypass the locket. It's not an instant process.

Shade the Lost

Validated User
Oh great. All of you who saw this crap coming, collect your winnings, please, and let us all hope that this doesn't end up like a worse Sturmhalten.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Gil is now unequivocally on Agatha's side. Also Martellus is, for the moment at least, an ally. The situation has improved by that much.

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Heh. Zeetha and Violetta. Warrior Princess and Smoke Knight. Or as the rest of us think of it, the barbarian giving the rogue a flank for sneak attack damage.

Top Bottom