• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Seffie may be level headed, but she's still devious. Remember this? Seffie is most definitely NOT above working to manipulate Agatha.
I guess it's possible, but it's not how I read the situation. Martellus is very sick and very vulnerable right now, and Seffie is clearly exhausted and totally vulnerable herself. If this is some Machiavellian plan it's a pretty bad one. The whole thing to me looks exactly like what it says on the tin. They're desperate for Agatha's help, and that's it. From a Doylist perspective, I think Phil is done with certain plot lines and he's cleaning them up now. (This implies we might be getting a new plotline, like some clues about goddesses and Lucrezia, courtesy of Albia.)

For that specific scene, my take on it is that Seffie is telling Martellus what he wants to hear. She actually disagrees with what he's doing, and she'd rather stop him, but she can't, so she settles for playing a longer game and let's Martellus do what he's going to do anyway. The fact is Seffie seems to have a lot of empathy and cares for Agatha, but also cares for her brother. So helping both is not beyond imagination. Actually it's totally in character for a non-sparky, normally socialized human being.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
For that specific scene, my take on it is that Seffie is telling Martellus what he wants to hear. She actually disagrees with what he's doing, and she'd rather stop him, but she can't, so she settles for playing a longer game and let's Martellus do what he's going to do anyway. The fact is Seffie seems to have a lot of empathy and cares for Agatha, but also cares for her brother. So helping both is not beyond imagination. Actually it's totally in character for a non-sparky, normally socialized human being.
Seffie hadn't met Agatha yet at the time, the next scene with her is her first meeting with Agatha. but otherwise I agree. Seffie must not have many peers (given her background and the family atmosphere of "trust no one") so somebody that has gotten her brother's attention and is good enough to slip past everyone? Might just be someone worth keeping around. And she doesn't like Martellus' plan but there's no dissuading him so she'll play both sides- getting friendly with Agatha while pacifying her brother.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I love how Martellus is more defensive about the flaws in his procedure than he is concerned about his health or being in a vulnerable position.

There's a lot of flash and ambition to him, but he's still a Spark.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
Is she considering how this will help her get her over her wasp eater addiction faster (since she now has fresh samples from Martellus) or does she have something more in mind?
Oh, something more, I hope. Like making him allergic to her presence or touch, as a disincentive to any future plans involving her.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Wait, since Agatha applied tge same procedure Martellus did on himself, to the Wasp Eater, does that mean that the fuzzerpillar may die if it doesn't touch her?

I'm suddenly very woddied about the Foglios tendency to forget about it in crowd scenes.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is she considering how this will help her get her over her wasp eater addiction faste
I think it's this one. I think Phil is ending certain plot complications as they've run their course, and the fuzzypiller is one that's ending. Alternately, Agatha will be cured, but Martellus's mistake will be more complicated, and he'll get the fuzzypiller. At which point he'll be known as "Tweedle with a weasel."

Of course, the Foglio's capacity to dream up plot complications cannot be understated, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's further Martellus/Lu/Agatha shenanigans.

Top Bottom