• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Today's Order of the stick 21: Who Died and Made You Boss?

LordofArcana

Validated User
None of the versions I have read, involve any jotunns surviving at all, much less them getting to have all the stuff.
It's just some animals a handful of gods and 2 humans.
Everything in the world was ultimately the result of Jotunns. Even the ground beneath our feet. They don't "get to have all the stuff", they start with all of it and everything the Aesir or humanity have was originally taken from them, often by force.

vegetalss4

Validated User
Everything in the world was ultimately the result of Jotunns. Even the ground beneath our feet. They don't "get to have all the stuff", they start with all of it and everything the Aesir or humanity have was originally taken from them, often by force.
I mean that's true, (through I'd note that the vast majority of that was fashioned specifically from the corpse of one specific Jotunn with a handful of other stolen stuff rather than from jotunn kind in general), but them starting with a bunch of stuff don't actually have any influence on them ever getting to have it all again, particularly not at a point where they are all dead.

starblade

Fighter Mage
Validated User
Significantly better than the Hellenistic Pantheon in fact. Just for example Odin steals the Mead of Poetry and shares it with humanity. No rocks, chains, or eagles involved.
That's still damning with faint praise. It's hard to find an entire patheon worse than the hypocritical dicks that fill the Hellenistic Pantheon.

mpascal02

cat what
Validated User
NOotS!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - Loki gonna Lok.

Also, “I will switch sides on you so fast, you’ll think it’s halftime” is a great threat.

LordofArcana

Validated User
"There seems to be some doctrinal flexibility when it comes to rubbing things in your face specifically."

Loki has some amazing lines in this one.

Monochrome Tide

Someone
Validated User
NOotS!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - Loki gonna Lok.

Also, “I will switch sides on you so fast, you’ll think it’s halftime” is a great threat.
I mean, given the reality of what's at stake, and allowing for Loki and Hel being tremendously Evil, his decision is the entirely reasonable one of a parent whose daughter is in danger.

Top Bottom