• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [ToE] The Mare in the High Castle

Herodarwin

Validated User
Mutter nods "That is true about the paragon bit, very few ponies are paragons...I mean creatures but If my reading of adventure say anything they probably do"

Thinking a bit
"I doubt if the artefacts exist you need to be a paragon either, just need to understand the element or hold it dear to you heart"

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“Well I don’t know Sunset from Starswirl,” replied Cypher, “though I have spoken to Princess Cadence a time or two in the past. She was a nice pony, but by no means a perfect one.” She smiled at the memories.

Last edited:

UnknownCorrespondent

Grumpy Old Man
Validated User
Wintry Mix

Mutter nods "That is true about the paragon bit, very few ponies are paragons...I mean creatures but If my reading of adventure say anything they probably do"

Thinking a bit
"I doubt if the artefacts exist you need to be a paragon either, just need to understand the element or hold it dear to you heart"
"Okay. Seems like it should be a noteworthy part of a pony's personality, though."

"Note to self - don't try any more self-deprecating humor."

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“Oh it’s quite true, about the noble’s private libraries, that is,” said Cypher with a grin. “The book’s account the alicorn’s new jewelry seems to suggest that the Elements are artifacts. Rather than metaphysical concepts, I mean?”
"They were in the book, but historically... I suspect so, but there's not nearly enough evidence to say for sure."

“Well I don’t know Sunset from Starswirl,” replied Cypher, “though I have spoken to Princess Cadence a time or two in the past. She was a nice pony, but by no means a perfect one.” She smiled at the memories.
Keepsake looks thoughtful. "I suppose another possibility is that Cadence or Sunset Shimmer wrote the book. Cadence would have known Sunset Shimmer, and both of them might have learned about the elements from Princess Celestia herself. But Sunset Shimmer hasn't been seen in years, and Cadence disappeared when Nightmare Moon returned."

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“Does the book say where Cadence and Sunset found the Elements?” Asked Cypher.
"Well, yes; they're scattered across several ancient ruins and landmarks," Keepsake replies. "They find the first one in an old castle in the Everfree forest. But it can't be that simple, can it? Nightmare Moon is aware of the book, and she could simply send her guards to those places, or go get them herself. Plus, if the author actually knew where they were, why mention it in the book?"

Doc_Chronos

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“I don’t think that her Majesty would want to take the chance of having anypony, even the guard get a hold of one or more artifacts which might be a treat to her.” Mused Cypher. “As to why mention the locations in the book? Why to serve as a guide, a map as it were. A cryptic series of clues right out of a Daring Do Adventure.” Cypher grinned in delight.

Saint_of_Ravens

Validated User
"Well I mean, our glorious leader did throw me into the dungeons for wanting to look through her royal library,which I suspect was because she was afraid of e overthrowing her." said Misty "Through I don't get it, doesn't she know that it requires more than raw power to run a goverment?". The dark unicorn then shoves a scoop of ice cream into her mouth.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
“I don’t think that her Majesty would want to take the chance of having anypony, even the guard get a hold of one or more artifacts which might be a treat to her.” Mused Cypher. “As to why mention the locations in the book? Why to serve as a guide, a map as it were. A cryptic series of clues right out of a Daring Do Adventure.” Cypher grinned in delight.
"If the elements are in the same places they were in the book, then it doesn't sound very cryptic," says Keepsake. "I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to check, but they're all in very dangerous and isolated areas. Probably because the alternative would be a very boring book."

chitzk0i

Miniature Creampuff
Validated User
Polishing off her extra-large bowl of ice cream, Berry adds, “Maybe there are clues to the real locations. But what kind of clue would be too hard for royal guards and scholars, but make sense to someone worthy?”

Top Bottom