• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Tonight: Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker...

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
In a live recreation of an episode of All in the Family and there will also be a live recreation of an episode of The Jeffersons! On ABC. I... wow! Talk about things I never knew I always wanted. The entire cast is brilliant choices, but the one that really captures my imagination is Harrelson as Archie. I just... I can’t even picture what this’ll be like. But I can’t wait to see it!

Alter_Boy

Post Anything
Validated User
I can't say I ever wanted this, but having heard it, it feels right. Probably the worst thing that could happen to an AitF recreation is get an actor for Archie Bunker who either A) loves Archie and his worldview, despite the show's clear undermining of it, or B) hates Archie and his worldview, and wants to create an unlikeable demagogue as a way to undermine said worldview. Carol O'Connor did an excellent job of making Archie Bunker equal parts laughable and relatable, and I feel Woody Harrelson has the right background to make the character believable, as opposed to a caricature created by people who've never met real life Archie Bunkers.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The original show actress showing up on “The Jefferson’s” was a nice touch, although I was hoping Lenny Kravitz would be helping with the theme music.

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
The original show actress showing up on “The Jefferson’s” was a nice touch, although I was hoping Lenny Kravitz would be helping with the theme music.
They actually announced someone else in the role prior to air, so it was a nice surprise.

Now they need to do the Maude/Good Times combo.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
God! This was so good and so much fun. Beyond the cultural and political relevance of these two shows in particular, I’d actually really like to see, every year or so, a live recreation of old sitcoms. Could you imagine who they’d get to do The Golden Girls, or Newhart? Heck, get Jamie Fox back and do an episode of Amen.

Top Bottom