IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly quietly tells Honey "Nagalidja? Batjeemalla goonegeeiqua. Bamtoolr goolingee marriburma aejan gullinaua auiigaligalmudgi."

She sternly adds "Aejan akila mojocka dowinga barning angarrak. Akila bilingil!"

Kelly holds up the last jar of honey from her boxful, mimes twisting the lid off for her, and puts it into Honey's hand as she promises the nadubi "Emangua lamongma manneh cookerey. Aejen nagalidja jeramooka emangua lamongma." then points to herself on the word 'jeramooka'.

She asks Lieve "Do you mind if I leave the blanket with her? The smells clinging to it hopefully will help remind her she's safe later on, and stop her going off at everything so much."

Kelly sighs as she gets back in the car, looks in the rear view mirror and says "I know that look, seen it on Mum's face too many times. Now I know what it feels like."

"Wasn't there something else on tonight? Before this got all complicated..." she asks, trying to focus on the next thing on the Things to do list.

*Subtitles: "See? Good camp. Plenty big wood [for] you[r] day sleep." "You no bone warspear blackman [or] whiteman. No dead!" "Tomorrow night sweet food. You see little sister tomorrow night."

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Fatima again thinks a moment before replying. "They do sound like a completely different order of being than humans and jinn. Our two peoples are more similar to each other, for all our great differences." She looks out the window and says abstractly, "I wonder if it would be possible to interview some of the Dream Time spirits that have made contact with Indah? I suspect most of them are as alien as angels in their own, for all that they are the ancestors of the Aborigines." She looks back at Oscar. "We ought to enlist Kelly in this process. Before we shanghaied her, she was hoping to be a cryptozoology journalist. Doing serious interviews with non-humans should be right up her alley."
"Honestly, the lowest ranks of angels are pretty...human is the wrong word. Person is closer, but they tend to have little time for anyone. Imagine an extremely overworked social worker or junior engineer, one that enjoys their job but is living on coffee and nerves. My brother suggests that they are part humming bird. But honestly a huge array of the various creatures tend to exist on the scale between person and embodied concept. I am more human than most of my people due to living much of the last two millennia among you, and being stuck in this form for the last two hundred years. Form tends to affect both mind and spirit.

It would probably be a good idea to get Kelly involved, I'm surprised she hasn't cornered me for an interview if that's the case to be honest. "

Oscar also suspects that sex plays a part but that seemed like the sort of thing that might embarrass Fatima.

Deamon

Validated User
"Tonight?" Lieve looks blank. "Honestly I've lost track." She picks up her phone and starts going through the messages to see if anything triggers the memory.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Everyone finally retired for the evening, though Simone kept Peter up for a while with various activities and also planning outings.

Very early the next morning, around 2 am, Lieve rolled to a stop behind Fatimas car and let her passengers disembark before she turned the engine off, the sky was overcast and the stars hidden with a crescent moon and humidity was already very sticky as they began going through equipment and what plans they had so far...

Last edited:

Deamon

Validated User
Lieve yawns widely and brings her hand up to cover her mouth, a little late. "Oh Gods, I think I should have just stayed up all night." She stretches and then opens the back to get at the rest of the equipment. Including tarps this time.
OOC: I think Lieve would have been happier with a 10am start. :)

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Oscar emerges from the car with coffee, the fixings in a bag in his pocket. He doesn't need to sleep but the hospitality instincts were hard to ignore, even he couldn't just snap his figure and have a full breakfast appear.

"I bring liquid awareness. Who wants the expresso?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"There is only one answer to 'Coffee'..." says Kelly in an appreciative tone "...And that's 'Yes, thank you!', though if the tale I was told is true, I should also be thanking an ancient goat..."*

She pulls a pair of bolt cutters with extra electrical tape wound around the grips and a pair of industrial looking gloves from the back of Fatima's car as she speaks.

*The discovery of coffee is apparently jointly attributed to a hungry goat, an observant goat-herder and his equally observant wife in Arabic folklore.

The Watcher

Validated User
"I second Kelly's answer," Peter says as he accepts the offered beverage. "Yes and thank you."

He adds cream and sugar from Oscar's bag to his, then picks up his video camera with hand to look through it. Currently set for shooting night scenes, it should help them keep an eye for Mick. Even if he was invisible to cameras, anything he does to his surroundings wouldn't be. And Peter doubts his invisibility would extend to any car he decides to drive either.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima accepts a coffee as well. As she sips it, she says, "It looks like Kelly has volunteered to cut his electricity. We should try to stake out all the exits from his house--preferably in pairs in case of trouble."

OOC: Damian, does Mic's house just have the front door? Is there a back door as well? Any other exits, like a cellar bulkhead?

Deamon

Validated User
Lieve takes a coffee. "I think we should try and cover all sides of the house, he could always go out a window."

Top Bottom