• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
"I would have preferred to manage a proper Turkish, but I've been told that's not how people prefer their coffee now. And I am pretty certain that story is likely to have been the cleaned up version. More likely it was discovered like most human food, in a desperate attempt to recover from or stave off a hangover."

Oscar has always been fascinated by what humans will do to avoid the consequences for their own over-indulgence. As they got to more serious topics he considered.

"I can cover the black if someone else have the side."

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I'll take the front then," says Fatima. "If we're going to be this spread out, we should try to remain within shouting distance."

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"Front is where the power runs from the main line strung down the road to connect to the property." Kelly says quietly, and explains "These are the longest reach metal cutters I could get from Bunnings. Still have to get a little higher than the reach on them to cut the powerline, but they'll have to do."

She adds "Not a good idea to try cutting lower down. Catching a swinging live cable is lethal, so its a climb up quiet job. I get spotted, I get the hell out and make for cover."

Kelly looks around and asks "Anything else, or we set?"

lordmcdeath

Validated User
"Nope. If we need a distraction, I'll set a small fire or two while we leg it. "

Oscar was interested about how this would shake out.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Lieve momentarily considered the drone in the back of the car but figured it couldn't hurt to have a proper look first.

Fatima and Kelly made their way by road around towards the front of the property, Oscar began cutting through scrub to come towards the rear slowing and being careful as he remembered the two dogs in the shed out the back.

Lieve and Peter took a side of the house each, Peter *blinking* to the far side of the property and Lieve cutting through from the corner, and Jacqui babysat the cars and readied the drone if it was needed.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima settled uneasily into the bushes, smartphone in hand. This plan should work ... as long as Mic had nothing up his sleeve that they hadn't predicted--but she would not be surprised if Mic surprised them.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly stealthily collects a previously noticed abandoned old tyre from the roadside on her way, wary of any lurking wildlife that may have taken up residence in it's interior, then slowly makes her way to the power pole out front of the property, keeping low to the ground.

She looks around carefully, then wedges the tyre against the concrete and accumulated rocks at the base of the pole to provide more height, and then balances herself on it to reach the wire and cut the connection.

OOC: Gimmie a mo, got to go see if I can get Orokos working for me again.
EDIT: Yes, got it working again! 9 on the d10, 6 on Dex and 1 on Crime for a total of 16. Has Kelly managed not to fry herself?
http://orokos.com/roll/704449

Last edited:

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Fatima and Kelly made their way by road around towards the front of the property, Oscar began cutting through scrub to come towards the rear slowing and being careful as he remembered the two dogs in the shed out the back.
Oscar restrained the urge to swear as he saw those dogs. He had forgotten about the things and he was unsure about what to do about them. There had been a time he would have just snapped his fingers and had a few nice juicy steaks drop into their views, or some other magical distractions at a moments notice. He currently had a plastic bag with pepper and a rubber ball in his pocket, so he would just have improvised.

He slowly crept towards the back and started to pour the pepper into his hands. If nothing else, most beasts feared fire.

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Peter watched patiently from his vantage point, his camera set on wide angle. He was watching the house with his unaided eyes due to Fatima's description of the spell, but he could also glance at a view screen to see if the camera picked up something he missed, such as an invisible man leaving footprints on the ground.

If he can see the dogs from his angle he reaches out with Glamour to hide everyone from their senses.

Last edited:

Deamon

Validated User
Lieve's tongue flickers as she tries to use her other senses to pick up things that might be hidden from normal sight. She too had forgotten about the dogs, but there wasn't anything she could do about it.

Top Bottom