• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Fatima settled uneasily into the bushes, smartphone in hand. This plan should work ... as long as Mic had nothing up his sleeve that they hadn't predicted--but she would not be surprised if Mic surprised them.
Kelly stealthily collects a previously noticed abandoned old tyre from the roadside on her way, wary of any lurking wildlife that may have taken up residence in it's interior, then slowly makes her way to the power pole out front of the property, keeping low to the ground.

She looks around carefully, then wedges the tyre against the concrete and accumulated rocks at the base of the pole to provide more height, and then balances herself on it to reach the wire and cut the connection.

OOC: Gimmie a mo, got to go see if I can get Orokos working for me again.
EDIT: Yes, got it working again! 9 on the d10, 6 on Dex and 1 on Crime for a total of 16. Has Kelly managed not to fry herself?
http://orokos.com/roll/704449
There was a moment when beyond all logic Kelly thought the trailing part of the cable was going to snag her, the single light in the house went out immediately.

Oscar restrained the urge to swear as he saw those dogs. He had forgotten about the things and he was unsure about what to do about them. There had been a time he would have just snapped his fingers and had a few nice juicy steaks drop into their views, or some other magical distractions at a moments notice. He currently had a plastic bag with pepper and a rubber ball in his pocket, so he would just have improvised.

He slowly crept towards the back and started to pour the pepper into his hands. If nothing else, most beasts feared fire.
Peter watched patiently from his vantage point, his camera set on wide angle. He was watching the house with his unaided eyes due to Fatima's description of the spell, but he could also glance at a view screen to see if the camera picked up something he missed, such as an invisible man leaving footprints on the ground.

If he can see the dogs from his angle he reaches out with Glamour to hide everyone from their senses.

The second dog continued snoring but the first one got up and trotted out of the shed dragging its chain along the dusty ground, it sniffed the air then its head swung around towards the scrub at the rear of the property. It huffed in annoyance as it stared into the trees....

Lieve's tongue flickers as she tries to use her other senses to pick up things that might be hidden from normal sight. She too had forgotten about the dogs, but there wasn't anything she could do about it.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima finds herself holding her breath, then forces herself to breath. Mich wasn't likely to come running out just because he'd lost electricity. He'd probably check the house's circuit breaker first. And they were counting on the unbearable heat from a lack of air conditioning driving him out. Which might take a while.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly drops back down to the ground as soon as the cable parts, notes that the one light previously visible is now gone, then checks around her before she retrieves the tyre and slinks back to the cover of the sparse scrub and dry grass.

She slowly and carefully makes her way back to the car, still carrying the tyre with her, after with a murmured thanks of "Power is nothing without control..." to the unknown and unknowing provider of an answer to a mechanic's prayer.

It occurs to Kelly at first that a discarded tyre could be reused as a child's backyard swing rather than being just another piece of roadside debris. Her second thought is that a man with pinned arms is much easier to handle than one still free to swing his fists...

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Fatima finds herself holding her breath, then forces herself to breath. Mich wasn't likely to come running out just because he'd lost electricity. He'd probably check the house's circuit breaker first. And they were counting on the unbearable heat from a lack of air conditioning driving him out. Which might take a while.
Kelly drops back down to the ground as soon as the cable parts, notes that the one light previously visible is now gone, then checks around her before she retrieves the tyre and slinks back to the cover of the sparse scrub and dry grass.

She slowly and carefully makes her way back to the car, still carrying the tyre with her, after with a murmured thanks of "Power is nothing without control..." to the unknown and unknowing provider of an answer to a mechanic's prayer.

It occurs to Kelly at first that a discarded tyre could be reused as a child's backyard swing rather than being just another piece of roadside debris. Her second thought is that a man with pinned arms is much easier to handle than one still free to swing his fists...
Jacqui looks up from the drone as Kelly returns, " Well, your not fried and I haven't heard any gunshots so I'm guessing its going ok?"

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Jacqui looks up from the drone as Kelly returns, " Well, your not fried and I haven't heard any gunshots so I'm guessing its going ok?"
"So far, nothing to see, just the one light that was still on over the fence line is off now, so either the power went off, as planned..." replies Kelly as she slides the tyre into back of the car "...Or he noticed, and is smart enough to stay quiet. If so, then now would be the time to get that drone ready to fly at the first sign of movement from inside the fence that isn't just a dog being nosey. Doors, windows, or the gate opening, both of the dogs reacting to an owner that may or may not show up on film. And yeah, any loud noises."

Last edited:

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
The second dog continued snoring but the first one got up and trotted out of the shed dragging its chain along the dusty ground, it sniffed the air then its head swung around towards the scrub at the rear of the property. It huffed in annoyance as it stared into the trees....
Seeing that he failed to sufficiently cloud the perception of one of the dogs, Peter decides to change tactics. If he couldn't keep the dog from noticing things, maybe he could at least keep it from caring about it.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Oscar held perfectly still, his right hand wrapped around the pepper, hoping that the dog will go back into its home. There was a time, he could have just made the dog a huge steak and left it at that. The dog would have had a good time and he'd have been fine. But now, he was just hoping that he was sufficiently downwind and he does have to use his telekinesis to create a cloud of pepper. Peppermint oil would be better, but no one was giving that out for free.

Budget heroics was a real pain.

Deamon

Validated User
Lieve nods to Kelly and follows her back to the car to retrieve the drone. "I have only the vaguest idea how to use this." She hands it to Kelly hoping she knows how.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"So far, nothing to see, just the one light that was still on over the fence line is off now, so either the power went off, as planned..." replies Kelly as she slides the tyre into back of the car "...Or he noticed, and is smart enough to stay quiet. If so, then now would be the time to get that drone ready to fly at the first sign of movement from inside the fence that isn't just a dog being nosey. Doors, windows, or the gate opening, both of the dogs reacting to an owner that may or may not show up on film. And yeah, any loud noises."
Seeing that he failed to sufficiently cloud the perception of one of the dogs, Peter decides to change tactics. If he couldn't keep the dog from noticing things, maybe he could at least keep it from caring about it.

Oscar held perfectly still, his right hand wrapped around the pepper, hoping that the dog will go back into its home. There was a time, he could have just made the dog a huge steak and left it at that. The dog would have had a good time and he'd have been fine. But now, he was just hoping that he was sufficiently downwind and he does have to use his telekinesis to create a cloud of pepper. Peppermint oil would be better, but no one was giving that out for free.

Budget heroics was a real pain.
Suddenly the dog let out a huge yawn a stretched, snorting into the air then wandered back towards the shed and lay down....

Lieve nods to Kelly and follows her back to the car to retrieve the drone. "I have only the vaguest idea how to use this." She hands it to Kelly hoping she knows how.
Jacqui held up a hand, " I can fly it if you want.....or we can do it together.....cos your a bit squishy...and I don't want you to get squished..."

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly shrugs and says to Leive "I've flown a few cheapass hover toys in the past, sure, but this is a custom bird by the look of it..." then looks over the controls for any unusual features to the hardware.

Jacqui's offer is met with some confusion by Kelly as she looks up from the drone and asks in a puzzled tone "Squishy?" followed by a grateful "I'll take any help I can get figuring this bit of weirdware out."

Top Bottom