• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: If I'd remember I'd had this spell earlier, we could have spared Kelly the trouble of climbing up to cut off the electricity ... Oh well.


Crouching in the bushes across the street from Mic's house, clutching her blessed Quran, Fatima whispers a spell in Classical Arabic, "In the name of Annah, al-Qahhar, God the Subduer, I shatter your artefact," seeking to blow Mic's gun to smithereens.

OOC: Willpower + Occultism + Magic Level + Ritual Object: 1d10+6+5+5+1: 26 [1d10=9]
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Everyone else heard a very loud *crack* which echoed around the area, then two dogs started barking loudly.
"Sounds like Mick knows we're here" Lieve looks around trying to see if anybody was hurt. "Damn we need comms."
Oscar hears the gunfire and that portends nothing good. He had not wished to escalate this further. People shooting at those has sworn to help save guard don't get to live in unburned houses. His anger kindles like flame and it seeks out the roof of the home that their target was using to take cover it.

OOC: He escalated. If he had just called the cops, we've have left.

Willpower + Pyromancy: 1d10+12 19
A small fire suddenly burst into existence on the roof of the house, though it was making little headway against the corrugted iron so far......

Kelly twitches at the noise, and mutters "Troi oi, he noticed..." then to urgently Jacqui "Anything on bird's eye camera view?" as she looks for the source of the noise herself with her own eyes.

"Look out for a bright flash. Even if he's invisible, maybe the gun firing isn't..." she adds.


*Subtitles in English "Oh for fuck's sake"

OOC: Perception 3 + Notice 3 + 1d10 (+2 if Situational Awareness applies) = 12 (14) http://orokos.com/roll/711794
Jacqui looked up, " Sorry had the wrong angle. I'll try to get it directly over the top....uh, the roofs on fire....somehow...."

Fatima drops prone, swearing softly in Javanese, then biting her own tongue at her foul language, offering up a quick, silent prayer to God for forgiveness.

OOC: Does a gun count as technology, per the spell King Ludd's Eulogy (Ghosts of Albion, p. 120)? The spell is vague about what counts and a gun seems like an edge case.
Peter hears the sharp crack and immediately recognizes a gunshot when he hears it. He immediately begins looking around, trying to spot where the gunman is or if he's hit a victim, relying solely on his eyes rather than a camera lens that can apparently be fooled.

Peter couldn't see anything through the side windows, it sounded like the shots were going through the front.....probably through flyscreen as he hadn't heard glass break....he hadn't heard any crys of pain and it sounded like the bullet had hit something solid....possibly soft stone?

OOC: If I'd remember I'd had this spell earlier, we could have spared Kelly the trouble of climbing up to cut off the electricity ... Oh well.


Crouching in the bushes across the street from Mic's house, clutching her blessed Quran, Fatima whispers a spell in Classical Arabic, "In the name of Annah, al-Qahhar, God the Subduer, I shatter your artefact," seeking to blow Mic's gun to smithereens.

OOC: Willpower + Occultism + Magic Level + Ritual Object: 1d10+6+5+5+1: 26 [1d10=9]
Fatima saw a white flash from inside the home as the rifle misfired and collapsed into components, she heard a chuckle from within and then three bullets of a much smaller calibre winged through the air above her head.

" Come on.....why not send the demons in, witch? ", she noted his voice placed him in the lounge room....near as she could tell. From the clicks and latches he seemed to be opening something large from a hard case next to him.
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Oh, blast!" whispered Fatima in Javanese, "does he have a rocket launcher in there." She flung herself away through the bushes, not worrying about injuring herself. When she thought she might be at a safe distance, she took out her phone and texted everyone, I think he might have some really heavy weaponry in there.

OOC: Unfortunately, King Ludd's Eulogy isn't much use in one-on-one combat, since it takes four rounds to cast and has no quick-cast mode.

If needed to get away, Dexterity + Acrobatics: 1d10+3+3: 10 [1d10=4]. I'll spend a Drama Point on this for a 20 just to be safe.
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Figuring that his immortality and mobility made him the least in danger from Mick, Peter decides to be a distraction to give the others a chance to escape or the get drop on him.

"Hey asshole! You wanna fight? Come out here and fight me!"

Immediately after he yelling his taunt Peter tries to jump to a different hiding spot on a different side of the house. One he could see from his current position but not easily targeted by anyone shooting out from any of the windows. He couldn't be killed by a bullet but he'd rather avoid the pain of being shot just the same. Besides, he didn't want to get blood all over his clothes.

 
Last edited:

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly glances from one screen to another, reads the text from Fatima, and simply says to Jacqui "Take the car, drive out to the highway now while you can, and wait. I'll follow you there shortly, but if the cops aren't already on the way, they will be soon..." as she opens the car door, shuts it gently and drops to the ground.

She moves as fast as she can, keeping low as she looks towards the house, and follows the sound of an angry man with firepower to burn.

...Don't need to stop a round, just knock it off course... she silently tells herself, and watches for whatever Mic throws next, intent on turning a bullet with a friend's name on it to one marked 'To the occupant'. The thought that it may be considerably larger than a bullet does not deter her.

OOC: Stealth check and TK power up coming, just getting bloody Orokos to work again...
EDIT:
6 on the 1d10 for sneaking closer
3 on the 1d10 for TK pushback and I think I'd better follow Muskrat's example with a Drama point...
 
Last edited:

Deamon

Registered User
Validated User
Lieve steps back into the shadows and slips out of her clothes, then she pushes through the change. She takes her Naga form hoping that her cold blood will help hide her if Mick is using some sort of infrared goggles. Of course he's probably got higher tech than that, but maybe her colouration will help her blend in. Lieve moves a little forward testing the air to make sure she knows where everybody else is.
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
"Oh, blast!" whispered Fatima in Javanese, "does he have a rocket launcher in there." She flung herself away through the bushes, not worrying about injuring herself. When she thought she might be at a safe distance, she took out her phone and texted everyone, I think he might have some really heavy weaponry in there.

OOC: Unfortunately, King Ludd's Eulogy isn't much use in one-on-one combat, since it takes four rounds to cast and has no quick-cast mode.

If needed to get away, Dexterity + Acrobatics: 1d10+3+3: 10 [1d10=4]. I'll spend a Drama Point on this for a 20 just to be safe.
Fatima flung herself to the ground and commando crawled her way through the long grass until she felt relatively safe behind a large pile of stones pushed there by some grader...

Figuring that his immortality and mobility made him the least in danger from Mick, Peter decides to be a distraction to give the others a chance to escape or the get drop on him.

"Hey asshole! You wanna fight? Come out here and fight me!"

Immediately after he yelling his taunt Peter tries to jump to a different hiding spot on a different side of the house. One he could see from his current position but not easily targeted by anyone shooting out from any of the windows. He couldn't be killed by a bullet but he'd rather avoid the pain of being shot just the same. Besides, he didn't want to get blood all over his clothes.

Peter yelled out then jumped....but as he did so he felt a strange hum in the air and suddenly it was as if he was being stretched too thin....part of him wasn't following him....he made it to the new position but the jump, which was normally instantaneous left him kneeling on the ground....a strange coldness gripped his bones...

Kelly glances from one screen to another, reads the text from Fatima, and simply says to Jacqui "Take the car, drive out to the highway now while you can, and wait. I'll follow you there shortly, but if the cops aren't already on the way, they will be soon..." as she opens the car door, shuts it gently and drops to the ground.

She moves as fast as she can, keeping low as she looks towards the house, and follows the sound of an angry man with firepower to burn.

...Don't need to stop a round, just knock it off course... she silently tells herself, and watches for whatever Mic throws next, intent on turning a bullet with a friend's name on it to one marked 'To the occupant'. The thought that it may be considerably larger than a bullet does not deter her.

OOC: Stealth check and TK power up coming, just getting bloody Orokos to work again...
EDIT:
6 on the 1d10 for sneaking closer
3 on the 1d10 for TK pushback and I think I'd better follow Muskrat's example with a Drama point...
Jacqui took off in the car and Kelly slipped between the trees, as she drew closer she suddenly saw Peter appear out of thin air.....though something was wrong...as he appeared she could see his form smear across her vision for suddenly snapping back to himself as he collapsed to his knees.

Lieve steps back into the shadows and slips out of her clothes, then she pushes through the change. She takes her Naga form hoping that her cold blood will help hide her if Mick is using some sort of infrared goggles. Of course he's probably got higher tech than that, but maybe her colouration will help her blend in. Lieve moves a little forward testing the air to make sure she knows where everybody else is.
Lieve began the transformation letting her heritage claim her, but as she did so she suddenly heard a familiar....terribly familiar....faint humming vibration in the air....suddenly it was as if each individual scale needed to be pulled through her resisting skin the pain was intense but she was almost there she writhed...partially formed....her lungs were the wrong shape.....she had a moment to decide....human or python.....the very air here was poison to her naga form....she felt cold....not the soothing cold of the river but something she had not felt for a very long time....not since Jakarta....

...................

In the trees behind the house Oscar saw the fire catch and smiled, then he felt it.....a vibration in the air that sucked the air from his lungs and the heat from his flesh......he had mere seconds.....he felt the fire being snuffed out.....he was being unmade......
 

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima waited for the roar of the rocket launcher she was expecting. When it didn't come, she sat up cautiously, staying behind the stones, trying to figure out what was going on. Was Mic just holding his fire? Had she misjudged what he had up his sleeve? After a moment's thought while biting her lip, she took out her phone again and texted everyone, I'm fine for now. I don't know if it was a false alarm or if he's holding his fire or if he has some other trick up his sleeve. Next moves?
 

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
Peter forces himself to his feet despite the icy chill that grips him. His every instinct tells him he has to get away from that strange hum and the cold that he feels not only in his body but in his very soul. Get away from it before it saps all the life from him. Suspecting that any attempt to jump would end badly, he simply runs as fast as he can from the house and the frigid aura around it, weaving hopefully enough to avoid being an easy target.
 

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly fights down the urge to break cover at the sight of Peter hitting the ground, and waits for the flare from the house, ready to belt it back...

...But no heavy ordinance arrives to belt, and Peter runs, not jumps away from the property. The soft chirp of her phone makes Kelly wince at the noise. She risks a covert glance at it, wary of giving away her position by the light of the screen, and puts it on silent alarm.

The message she sends back to Fatima is short: Up 2 U. Stay or Go? Sent J. 2 Hiway. Did M. hit P.? Looked like it, unsure.
 
Top Bottom