IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Peter: "Yeah, we definitely need to get that box from Mick before any smart people from our side can start figuring it out. Which is going to be hard. He definitely knows we're coming for him now."

"Looks like he was expecting some kind of trouble anyway..." Kelly says ruefully but adds in fairness "We just happened to be the trouble that turned up tonight." then falls silent again, listening while she drives.

Fatima: "Right now, I'd be happy just to deal with mosquitoes or leeches or whatever..."

Kelly's reply to that is a cheerful "Lot easier to explain an experimental approach with a can of Aeroguard and a lighter for a sudden fire outbreak in a mosquito infested site than any weird happenings, Boss. Thanks for making the call."

Her only comment on Fatima's suggestion of contacting a higher power is "Need questions to ask, and a reason that they would have an interest in Mick, or the box." but she adds a quick question of "How do they feel about the magic drought situation, for instance?"

A little while later, Kelly casually suggests "If you made Mick's gun terminally fail by magic, Fatima, and that was before he broke out the box, then those runes definitely doesn't protect his mundane stuff from magic, just him." then adds with a wicked grin as she looks for the turnoff road "So setting that lying bastard's pants on fire with magic is still possible, just can't target his arse, right? And if Oscar's right about the box generating a spike rather than a constant background pulse of antiweirdness effect, then it's just a matter of timing."

As she pulls up to the rest area's carpark, and starts looking for a more secluded bit of it to park in Kelly speculates "If Patel left his collection of arcane bits and pieces to Mick, then I doubt they came with an instruction manual, so it's possible he doesn't know what half of them do, or how to use them properly even if he does know what they are."

When she sees Jacqui pull up, she smiles happily, but asks Fatima quietly "Am I OK to talk about what happened in Jakata with Jacqui, or should I just stick to what happened tonight, and not go into past detail?" before she goes to greet Jacqui.

Jacqui: "What happened? Is everyone ok?"

Her reply to those questions in order are "One hell of a technical issue, and Yes and No, but nobody's dead, even if three of us aren't doing so great." then a few concerned queries of her own of "You OK, Jacqui? Spot anyone following behind you on road?"

lordmcdeath

Validated User
"My current plan is to borrow an 18 wheeler and simply drive the damned thing through his building. Let see him and the wards laugh that one off. My only worry is that I'd damage the box beyond salvaging. "

Oscar has officially decided it is no longer time for mister nice genie. Unfortunately, that box meant he couldn't simply go scorched earth. As much as he dearly wanted to. Now he was wondering how difficult it would be to use is telekinesis to undermine the house and drop it into a sinkhole.

Oscar stumbles out of the car once it comes to a stop, keeping his feet by force of will. He is better than he was in the initial aftermath. But that was a shift between dying and simply being near death. He keeps a slight distance, as dying jinn could be dangerous and he would not harm those who he had sworn to protect.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima ignores Kelly's question--more concerned about Oscar, she leaps out of the car, pulls some plants up and tosses them on the pavement. Then she pulls out her Quran and calls out in Classical Arabic, "In the name of God the Creator, Allah al-Kaliq, I summon fire."

OOC: Produce Flame: Willpower + Occultism + Magic Level + Quick Casting + Ritual Implement: 1d10+6+5+5+1+1: 21 [1d10=3[/URL]]

Once the plants are alight, she turns back to the bushes and begins looking for something to build a more steady flame with.

Deamon

Validated User
Lieve brings her head up to look at Oscar. "I like the way you think, I'm happy to help you steal a truck once we both feel better, but why stop at a truck lets get a road train."

OOC: the link takes you to page about road trains for those of you unfamiliar with them.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Oscar moves over to the fire and sits down with remarkable grace besides the magical fire. He can already feel his own fire responding to the Flame of Creation, and those with a more mystical bent can see traces of something that looks like a heat shimmer drift off the flame and into his open his mouth as he steadies his breathing. His voice slowly starts to relax back into the human register, his flesh mask slowly reasserting themselves.

"Creator of All Things, this humble servant thanks you for your intercession." The words resemble nothing so much as a far more ancient version of that self same Arabic. It was not his native tongue, as those words were beyond him at the moment. That was a trade tongue born of the low form of the tongue of the Hosts, whose words had a significance to them. This was the first language of men he had learned, as he traveled the sands.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly says nothing as plans of vehicular mayhem are discussed, but the smile on her face could not be described as a pleasant one, and vanishes rapidly in a flash of frustration in her expression at the mention of salvage issues.

She explains to Jacqui "Gotta check the cars for trackers." then takes a look at Fatima's car herself.

Kelly suggests "If it helps the Naga side any, there's a whole wetlands, including aquatic reptiles that way." to Lieve as she checks the car over, and jabs a hand towards the swampy terrain that is the source of the mosquitoes that give the area it's unfortunate reputation.

"Otherwise, it's improvised first aid again. Bullet has to come out if it didn't go right through." she adds ruefully, then looks to Peter as she pensively asks "What helps your weird mob? Everything I could find from the usual sources on western fairy lore covered the harming of, sure, but not the healing of. Would getting out of the car and sitting by a tree help or not?"

The Watcher

Validated User
Kelly says nothing as plans of vehicular mayhem are discussed, but the smile on her face could not be described as a pleasant one, and vanishes rapidly in a flash of frustration in her expression at the mention of salvage issues.

She explains to Jacqui "Gotta check the cars for trackers." then takes a look at Fatima's car herself.

Kelly suggests "If it helps the Naga side any, there's a whole wetlands, including aquatic reptiles that way." to Lieve as she checks the car over, and jabs a hand towards the swampy terrain that is the source of the mosquitoes that give the area it's unfortunate reputation.

"Otherwise, it's improvised first aid again. Bullet has to come out if it didn't go right through." she adds ruefully, then looks to Peter as she pensively asks "What helps your weird mob? Everything I could find from the usual sources on western fairy lore covered the harming of, sure, but not the healing of. Would getting out of the car and sitting by a tree help or not?"
"I'm not sure," Peter replies. "Don't think it would hurt to try though. I've got a feeling that dreams are good somehow. Maybe if I combined the two? Lean on a tree and day dream?"

With nothing to lose, Peter does just that. He picks a specimen that looks like it could support him and feel comfortable and sits against it, then tries going into that reverie thing he was taught to do every morning by that supposed friend of his father's.

Top Bottom