IC Top End of Nowhere: Too Much Big Fella Humbug.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima nods in response to the woman and says in Bahasa Indonesia, "Yes, I'm Javanese." Switching back to English, she says, "I'm Fatima." She looks at the shattered window and responds, "Let's just say that I'm a PI and I had a job go sideways. The rest is confidential." All of which is sort of true. She leaves it to the others to choose how to introduce themselves, not wanting to presume on how they wanted to represent themselves.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
"Not for me, not on the clock, but thanks anyway..." Kelly answer the lanky bloke, while silently reminding herself a name is more than one of it's owners.

Her casual gesture to the absence of back window becomes an extended hand offered to Mick as she replies to the query with "...Yeah, bloody hazard on the road all right. I'm Kelly, pleased to meet ya."

It takes some effort on Kelly's part to keep a straight face as she talks, because the radio in the car behind her shifts from the low hum of static between stations into a barely audible old song's lyrics ...Bemos to the left, trucks to the right, the Honda was a wreck but I was alright...

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Oscar remained tucked up against the fire, his face directed into the flame. He continued to breathe in the energy as feels his human-seeming sliding into place. He tries to go unnoticed by the friendly passers-by. He knew the rest were doing what they can to keep these people occupied as he put himself back together again. Hopefully by the time they glance over, he'll be human enough to pass.

The Watcher

Validated User
"And I'm Peter," Peter says, giving a friendly wave from where he's sitting. He knows that if they turn to look at him they'll be facing away from Oscar. "Thanks for offering but I'm going to have to pass on that beer. Just took something for a headache and I'm not sure whether it's okay to mix it with alcohol. Better safe than sorry."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Fatima nods in response to the woman and says in Bahasa Indonesia, "Yes, I'm Javanese." Switching back to English, she says, "I'm Fatima." She looks at the shattered window and responds, "Let's just say that I'm a PI and I had a job go sideways. The rest is confidential." All of which is sort of true. She leaves it to the others to choose how to introduce themselves, not wanting to presume on how they wanted to represent themselves.
"Not for me, not on the clock, but thanks anyway..." Kelly answer the lanky bloke, while silently reminding herself a name is more than one of it's owners.

Her casual gesture to the absence of back window becomes an extended hand offered to Mick as she replies to the query with "...Yeah, bloody hazard on the road all right. I'm Kelly, pleased to meet ya."

It takes some effort on Kelly's part to keep a straight face as she talks, because the radio in the car behind her shifts from the low hum of static between stations into a barely audible old song's lyrics ...Bemos to the left, trucks to the right, the Honda was a wreck but I was alright...
Neither seemed to register the differences in the two stories though the woman smiled excitedly when Fatima said she was a PI.

" I'm NgNga. I'm a masseuse....and a cook....and a seamstress....and sometimes I work the bar."

" I'll take a beer"
, said Jacqui to Mick, " Could use it after today...and yesterday...and the day before that..."

Oscar remained tucked up against the fire, his face directed into the flame. He continued to breathe in the energy as feels his human-seeming sliding into place. He tries to go unnoticed by the friendly passers-by. He knew the rest were doing what they can to keep these people occupied as he put himself back together again. Hopefully by the time they glance over, he'll be human enough to pass.
Though they acknowledged Oscar no one took too much notice of him.

"And I'm Peter," Peter says, giving a friendly wave from where he's sitting. He knows that if they turn to look at him they'll be facing away from Oscar. "Thanks for offering but I'm going to have to pass on that beer. Just took something for a headache and I'm not sure whether it's okay to mix it with alcohol. Better safe than sorry."

NgNga notice Peter regarding them with interest, " Not for you pretty boy, I'm a one man woman.", she grinned at Mick, destroyed her VB and lifted another one from the car fridge.

Mick jumped suddenly, " Gah!", as Lieve appeared out of the darkness, " Ah, evening. Call of nature I guess?", he said as he stared out into the marshland she'd just appeared from.

" You wanna cold one?"

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Neither seemed to register the differences in the two stories though the woman smiled excitedly when Fatima said she was a PI.

" I'm NgNga. I'm a masseuse....and a cook....and a seamstress....and sometimes I work the bar."
Fatima smiles. "A bit of a jack of all trades, then? How do you juggle all those things?" She hopes she can maybe turn the conversation away from them to the strangers.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Kelly nods in whole hearted agreement with Jacqui words, even though she declined a beer herself, as part of her brain scolds in a voice uncomfortably like her Bà ngoại's* ...Not on the clock, and never in front of the boss!

At least the thought that follows it sounds more like Kelly, complete with silent grumbling ...And my little boss is a Muslim, and big boss is like, the original Buddhist? It may be vegan friendly, but so much for cracking a cold tinnie, that's gone the way of the cheeseburger as well. Then there's the fun of seeing things that aren't there while pissed and Seeing things that are at the same time. At least I'll never have to buy acid to hallucinate freely, my brain provides that for free...

"You a barman, Mick?" Kelly asks, smiling as she adds "You've certainly got the hang of ensuring beer supply..." as Jacqui takes the can, then looks speculative as she concludes "...Or you one of those blokes that turns his hand to whatever work pays the beer bill?"

*Subtitles in English: 'Maternal Grandmother'

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Fatima smiles. "A bit of a jack of all trades, then? How do you juggle all those things?" She hopes she can maybe turn the conversation away from them to the strangers.
" Its easy.....multitasking..."
Kelly nods in whole hearted agreement with Jacqui words, even though she declined a beer herself, as part of her brain scolds in a voice uncomfortably like her Bà ngoại's* ...Not on the clock, and never in front of the boss!

At least the thought that follows it sounds more like Kelly, complete with silent grumbling ...And my little boss is a Muslim, and big boss is like, the original Buddhist? It may be vegan friendly, but so much for cracking a cold tinnie, that's gone the way of the cheeseburger as well. Then there's the fun of seeing things that aren't there while pissed and Seeing things that are at the same time. At least I'll never have to buy acid to hallucinate freely, my brain provides that for free...

"You a barman, Mick?" Kelly asks, smiling as she adds "You've certainly got the hang of ensuring beer supply..." as Jacqui takes the can, then looks speculative as she concludes "...Or you one of those blokes that turns his hand to whatever work pays the beer bill?"

*Subtitles in English: 'Maternal Grandmother'
NgNga laughed out loud, " Him? No, he goes out long way away from his wife all the time, leaves her alone in town full of men. He's lucky I am good wife!"

Mick chuckled, " That I am. Uh, I service and inspect the gas lines out bush."

NgNga nodded, " He's ok. Good job, pays well. Got a big TV and sattelite dish for my dramas, its good....makes me miss him. If he's around all the time...so boring...."

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fatima smiles sadly, thinking of her own dead husband, and asks, "How long have you been married? It seems like you've settled into a happy partnership."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
" Five...", Mick began.

" Six.", NgNga corrected.

" Six years, we got married in Bali but that wasn't ' government official' so we got married again here.", Mick grinned.

Top Bottom