• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Dipping my toes into the Thunderverse again and playing Paragons of Wrestling. One of their top stars is a hot dog.
El Hot Dog, who back in my Paragons of Wrestling diary I said was trained by Chicago luchador El Train, and who I eventually gave a tag partner of El Popcorn.

I have a lot of time for El Hot Dog.

King Snarf

Validated User
El Hot Dog, who back in my Paragons of Wrestling diary I said was trained by Chicago luchador El Train, and who I eventually gave a tag partner of El Popcorn.

I have a lot of time for El Hot Dog.
In 2016, he's the protege of El Popcorn. Also the head trainer of the newly opened POWerplant. Because POW's owner would rather just appoint his buddy who's right there rather than spend all that time looking for an experienced person.

Anyway, I went and added Agent Bristow (a spy) and The Visitor (an alien), and now I need two more heels to even out the roster. And since I needed a locker room leader, I hired Captain Codd, because a grizzled old salty sea dog who owns a small chain of seafood restaurants fits right the hell in to this company.

King Snarf

Validated User
So, looking at maybe running one of the T-Verse touring companies. I get most of the touring stuff, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how Touring Contracts differ from regular contracts.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
So, looking at maybe running one of the T-Verse touring companies. I get most of the touring stuff, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how Touring Contracts differ from regular contracts.
They last for exactly a tour, and you can sign them months ahead if need be without worrying about it running out (though you should still worry about Writtens.)

Tipsy

Validated User
More questions for the crowd:

1) When it comes time to thin your roster, how do you tend to do it? I'm vaguely concerned that if I cut a bunch of the people I'm not using very much then I'll miss the opportunity to develop them. Of course, having them sit at home isn't helping either.

2) What do you recommend in terms of drug policies? I just had this happen:

I took a 'fatherly approach' and it seems to have worked, but...

4C is regional Canadian promotion. I really don't think there is much point in testing for steroids or soft drugs. Should I use the policy below? Or just cancel the policy altogether? What is your experience?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
My philosophy for cutting my roster is to prioritise people to cut as follows:

• No signs of improvement, short time left on their contract
  • No signs of improvement, no significant skills
  • No signs of improvement, no significant overness
  • No real negatives to card performance but bad relationships with valuable roster members
  • No real negatives to card performance but backstage poison
  • No real negatives to card performance but I keep getting the stinky fart note
  • No real negatives to card performance but I keep getting negative backstage incidents
  • Do I really have to cut this person?

In short, if they're not getting better, they're on the chopping list. If they're just 'there', what do they contribute? What do they penalise? And if they're not any of those then I likely don't have to cut them - if I'm a Global company looking to thin the roster I'll just let a bunch of my older jobbers' contracts expire over time.

Most smaller promotions at least used to be advised to shut off their drug policies, just for the cost. You can always run tests of your own - in fact, 'standard test all' is a good way to turn up some minor backstage issues that you can then try to respond to in a way that'll build a positive relationship between the workers and your user character*.

There are two major reasons to test your guys intermittently. One is that if a booker they respect/like chides them, that gives some personalities a chance to Reform and stop running the risk of performance penalties, and one is that if you catch it yourself, there's less of a potential hit to the company when the news breaks. There is one major reason not to, which is that drug users prefer companies that don't.

* - I have loved Personalities Plus since it came in in 2008, but it does make this a risk every time, please note.

King Snarf

Validated User
I've never used drug testing at lower levels. When a problem does come up, I definitely make sure to save first! ;) When you get to Cult, you can send them to Rehab (if they're on a written) but save this as a second to last resort, as it can tick them off and takes a long time.

Soft drugs? Unless it severely affects their performance, or they get caught by somebody, I'll give them a stern warning or something.

Tipsy

Validated User
Since I can afford it, I've decided to keep my policy in place just to keep an eye on the workers.

Another question for you: I've currently got Too Hot teaching at the 4C Dojo. While he is flashy, Angry does have a better grasp of fundamentals. Does it make sense to make Angry Gilmore, my avatar, my dojo's trainer? Will it stretch him too thin or have a negative impact on Too Hot?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
That's more data than I have; I've not messed around with dojo trainers enough to know if they even make a difference.

Top Bottom