• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hm. I'm not sure in 2013 or 2016, but prior to that I recall your dojo head actually contributed nothing to stats.

Tipsy

Validated User
So does the computer ever book badly? I’m one year into my 4C game and it seems like every other promotion’s shows are ‘excellent’ or ‘awesome.’ CGC has gone national (poaching some of my key talent). Will the computer ever book stinkers so a promotion’s popularity declines?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
So does the computer ever book badly? I’m one year into my 4C game and it seems like every other promotion’s shows are ‘excellent’ or ‘awesome.’ CGC has gone national (poaching some of my key talent). Will the computer ever book stinkers so a promotion’s popularity declines?
Well, companies do drop, yeah. Some are better at avoiding that than others, and it usually takes a mistake to make it happen, but on the other hand, back in TEW2010, my TCW diary saw Peter Valentine as USPW champion steadily and slowly drag that company down.

The AI is usually good, but the rules it has set for itself make for intermittent mistakes. A couple of big mistakes and there can be issues for a long time.

Giel M

Cheers!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Both of the big canadian companies are set up for success in the short term. They're relying heavily on aging stars to do so. In the long run, they'll start doing worse.

King Snarf

Validated User
I rarely see C-Verse companies grow in size in a substantial fashion under AI control. Usually, it's a short term rise before dropping back down or, in the case of NOTBPW, rising back up to where they were after a drop. The only company I've seen grow successfully is QAW.

More often, I see companies get slowly, or in some case not so slowly, on the road to destruction, with ACPW and SAISHO usually the first two casualties.

Tipsy

Validated User
I just completed my first year of TEW 2013 and CGC went National in December. The first thing they did was hoover up my two top wrestlers, including the one worker on my roster with decent menace, as part of a huuuge hiring spree.

Between that and the three new promotions have sprouted up this year (albeit all in the US), the scene is getting a bit crowded.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
I just completed my first year of TEW 2013 and CGC went National in December. The first thing they did was hoover up my two top wrestlers, including the one worker on my roster with decent menace, as part of a huuuge hiring spree.

Between that and the three new promotions have sprouted up this year (albeit all in the US), the scene is getting a bit crowded.
A couple of the new ones will die soon, either through overspending to win Regional Battles or through hits taken in Regional Battles.

Tipsy

Validated User
A couple of the new ones will die soon, either through overspending to win Regional Battles or through hits taken in Regional Battles.
For now I'm happy with the situation because a few of my key workers have been snapped up and are getting work with the new promotions. This includes Karen Killer, one of my managers who -- although already solid -- I would love to see improve.

King Snarf

Validated User
So here's an issue that came up. The past couple of QAW playthroughs, AAA started hostilities with us. The last time was particularly a puzzler, because we had previously established a Working Agreement AND we were both in the Confederation of Territories (and I turned on the profit sharing too, as I was making mad bank every month!). So, I says to myself, we'll get around this. I start a new one, join COTT, invite AAA, and then, when I hit Regional, I hire Cat Quine (the owner of AAA) and positive meddle her and QAW's owner Farrah Hesketh so they're friends. Yay! Then, something happened that's never occurred to me in a game before- AAA sent us an offer for a non-aggression pact. I've never had that happen with an AI company before; usually, I get hostilities, often because I've become too successful. However, now I don't know what to do when Cat's contract comes up. Can I rehire her? Or, since the NA pact means workers are exclusive to one company or the other, do I have to let her walk?

Top Bottom