• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
So here's an issue that came up. The past couple of QAW playthroughs, AAA started hostilities with us. The last time was particularly a puzzler, because we had previously established a Working Agreement AND we were both in the Confederation of Territories (and I turned on the profit sharing too, as I was making mad bank every month!). So, I says to myself, we'll get around this. I start a new one, join COTT, invite AAA, and then, when I hit Regional, I hire Cat Quine (the owner of AAA) and positive meddle her and QAW's owner Farrah Hesketh so they're friends. Yay! Then, something happened that's never occurred to me in a game before- AAA sent us an offer for a non-aggression pact. I've never had that happen with an AI company before; usually, I get hostilities, often because I've become too successful. However, now I don't know what to do when Cat's contract comes up. Can I rehire her? Or, since the NA pact means workers are exclusive to one company or the other, do I have to let her walk?
I honestly don't know if owners are treated differently, but if they're not, yeah, you're losing her.

Tipsy

Validated User
So has there ever been a mod that includes old style territory attractions like wrestling bears and little people wrestlers? Or is that, like the old model of having jobber match TV shows used to sell tickets to live events, not supported by TEW?

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So has there ever been a mod that includes old style territory attractions like wrestling bears and little people wrestlers? Or is that, like the old model of having jobber match TV shows used to sell tickets to live events, not supported by TEW?
There were ones for the Wrestling Spirit line, but I don't know about TEW.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
There were ones for the Wrestling Spirit line, but I don't know about TEW.
Death of the Territories stopped updating a while ago but did exist. That said, I don't know if/how it handled little people events, and you can only do bear wrestling by having your bear as a regular wrestler.

King Snarf

Validated User
I've been flipping between NOTBPW and [MENTION=25558]Tipsy[/MENTION]'s favorite promotion CGC ( ;) ), and the former is remarkably frustrating. The owner is such a tightwad! Do you want to drop to cult? Because that's what will happen if you don't let me fork over the dosh to keep the main eventers!

Tipsy

Validated User
Three questions for the crowd today:

1) TJ Bailey keeps farting in my dressing room. Last time I tried the fatherly approach, but it just made him mad. Any tips on getting a flatulent worker see the error of their ways?

2) I was trying to recruit a recently fired biggish name guy (Jungle Jack?) for three or four months. Now because I started my game with a big bankroll, I'm confident I can afford him, but apparently he would rather stay unemployed than stoop to work for a promotion as small as mine. Do I have to wait until cult or is it there a chance that I can get a bit bigger in or two regions and then snag him?

3) I foolishly let withdrew an offer to Flash Savage when my plans had to change on the fly. How long until I can get him to look at an offer? Every time I reach out to him he tells me its too soon.

Last edited:

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Three questions for the crowd today:

1) TJ Bailey keeps farting in my dressing room. Last time I tried the fatherly approach, but it just made him mad. Any tips on getting a flatulent worker see the error of their ways?

2) I was trying to recruit a recently fired biggish name guy (Jungle Jack?) for three or four months. Now because I started my game with a big bankroll, I'm confident I can afford him, but apparently he would rather stay unemployed than stoop to work for a promotion as small as mine. Do I have to wait until cult or is it there a chance that I can get a bit bigger in or two regions and then snag him?

3) I foolishly let withdrew an offer to Flash Savage when my plans had to change on the fly. How long until I can get him to look at an offer? Every time I reach out to him he tells me its too soon.
1. I think the farting one is the hardest one to fix.

2. Depends how over he is.

3. Six months.

King Snarf

Validated User
Regarding 2, give him some time. For instance, when Ross Henry debuts (he's a very famous football player who turned to wrestling after a career ending injury because he's a big fan) won't sign for anything less than a Cult company. AT FIRST. I've played games where he's stuck around on the unemployment list for a while and eventually signed for FCW, which I've never seen go higher than Regional.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Historically, I've gotten best responses on item 1 by completely ignoring it.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Regarding 2, give him some time. For instance, when Ross Henry debuts (he's a very famous football player who turned to wrestling after a career ending injury because he's a big fan) won't sign for anything less than a Cult company. AT FIRST. I've played games where he's stuck around on the unemployment list for a while and eventually signed for FCW, which I've never seen go higher than Regional.
Oh, yeah. The rule to this is that every six months without a match, they either reduce their minimum company size or become available in a new world area.

Note that this isn't the same as six months; unemployed; if they get a match at one of the monthly indies, the clock resets.

Top Bottom