• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016

Tipsy

Validated User
Oh, yeah. The rule to this is that every six months without a match, they either reduce their minimum company size or become available in a new world area.

Note that this isn't the same as six months; unemployed; if they get a match at one of the monthly indies, the clock resets.
Interesting. Is there any rhyme or reason as to who shows up on those indie cards? Is it just a random assortment of workers available to work in a given area? Because they seem to get pretty solid scores.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Interesting. Is there any rhyme or reason as to who shows up on those indie cards? Is it just a random assortment of workers available to work in a given area? Because they seem to get pretty solid scores.
As I understand it, it's random. Usually the card has a pretty good main and semi-main, and thus an OK score, but the undercard tends toward the F-E range.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
By my low standards, E isn't too bad.
Not for the undercard, no - not at these sizes. At Regional I'll often open an Indy's results to check that it's not just in my country but in one of my favoured Regions, and if it is I'll look for matches outside the main and semi-main that beat that for workers to keep an eye on.

Tipsy

Validated User
Now that I'm starting to feel like I understand the basics of TEW, can anyone give me some pro tips on how best to use:

* Storylines - I've generally used them for longer running programs throwing people in and out. How should they be used (bonus points if there is is anyway to eek a bonus out of them)

* Stables - are these just designed to help keep track of aligned workers or is there a mechanical effect?

* Freebird Rule - Is there any way to simulate this or would it just require every permutation of two person tag teams?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Stables are just to track affiliated workers. And Freebirds cannot yet be simulated, though a theoretical TEW2019 or 2020 I think might change that.

Storylines are a means of telling the computer there's an ongoing saga between two or more workers. This allows it a chance to see how the fans are reacting to the saga so momentum, etc.

I usually run a storyline for a while to build momentum then end it when it's not going to grow any higher, which in earlier editions gave an extra momentum boost to the workers going into their next program. I think that actually changed slightly in 2013 and onward, but it's how I do it. (Success and failure started to be tracked per person. I tend to make my hype angles/recap videos successes for both workers unless it's REALLY unbalanced, as even the underdog in a program is being featured-in-a-program which builds interest. But it means that now you ideally want to balance storyline heat against the relative levels of success of your guys involved.)

That said, I will often also use it when I know i'm going to be establishing these two singles guys pairing up or whatever - make a storyline that's just the two of them, feature them in some angles together just to get things rolling, and then as they're getting their first tag team wins, the storyline collects a bunch of Successes, hopefully maintaining or growing storyline heat while also increasing the success level that's the payoff. After a bit I usually end that for the extra kick and then start a new one with the new team and its rivals.

Most crucial to this is to be aware of who's Major in what storyline and thus whether they're free to drop into another.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Oh, yeah, and I've been known to start a storyline for a worker turning face or heel and the person they turn against several shows before I set them to turn, representing a loooong subtle turn build, if that's the way I'm going.

Tipsy

Validated User
So I've assigned a manager one manager to a whack of lower on the card guys in the hopes of doing a 'Paul Jones' Army' type story, but it seems like at least half of the wrestlers have poor chemistry with her. How big a penalty will I be taking if I keep them together?

Similarly, I've a got a tag team I'd like to keep together, but they have poor chemistry. How big a hit is that going to have on their angles (especially since they aren't my strongest workers to begin with)?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
I've found that bad manager chemistry isn't too noticeable, though if they're already performing badly, every little counts.

The tag team you want to keep together? It won't take long before tag experience overtakes that.

King Snarf

Validated User
I've been playing a bit as WINNOW. "But Snarf! That's a company that isn't even founded yet! How can you play as them?" Easy. Watcher game with anybody unemployed, then when the company starts up, add player and insert them as booker.

Anyway, it's been a struggle. They start off very small, and only begin with $100k. I switched to Touring, changed the Modern Japan Movement to a profit sharing outfit, and even kicked in an extra $150k, but it's hard.

I've been hoping to do the same thing with CWWF, but it seems when I try it, some other company starts. I've seen L-Ring twice, Mexican Hardcore Wrestling twice, and one or two other companies.

Top Bottom