Total War: Warhammer 2

Shiny Jim

Shiny
Validated User
Isn't there still the whole end time thing?
The End Times, aside from a whole bunch of plot-points that you can't really replicate in a sandbox strategy game, is essentially just Archaeon winning the Storm of Chaos and then Nagash coming back.

Uncle Claudius

Villain, villain, smiling damned villain.
Validated User
I'm not sure Nagash will be a playable faction at launch. The other thing that the second game hinted at was that the Vortex was being manipulated by some Slaaneshi demon, so I think it's quite possible we'll see at least one Demon faction playable from the start.

The idea you see on reddit that the third game will launch just with four Chaos factions is ridiculous, I think. There's a lot of people who wouldn't buy the third game if that was its focus.

junglefowl26

Validated User
While a bit of a longshot, I think Cathay might show up in 3, at least as a DLC - its army gets fleshed out enough in the endtimes books and various magazines that you can put together a good army list for it, and it has outposts as far was as the Ogre Kingdoms.

Morty

Validated User
Skarsnik is one of the more difficult starts, like the other 8 Peaks factions.
That's unfortunate, but not surprising. Maybe I'll play him someday when I'm better at the game. In the meantime I can always fool around with goblin armies in custom battles.

Shiny Jim

Shiny
Validated User
I'm not sure Nagash will be a playable faction at launch. The other thing that the second game hinted at was that the Vortex was being manipulated by some Slaaneshi demon, so I think it's quite possible we'll see at least one Demon faction playable from the start.
...I'm not really seeing how that's pointing to Demons in WH3 as opposed to DLC for 2.

Uncle Claudius

Validated User
Sorry- it happens in the Lizardman epilogue, so after the Vortex campaign finishes. A bit of a 'In Next Week's episode....' tone to it.

Njorhg

Validated User
They're not making a game based entirely around Chaos, not if they want to sell at any rate. CA is well aware that it's "Heroic" factions (Empire, Dwarves, High Elves) that sell games. And never mind that there's no real story-hook for Chaos left - they already used Storm of Chaos and the Vortex.

Demons are probably going to be a DLC for Warhammer 2, what with all the hints (the vortex campaign, Bel'akor in Arkhan's epilogue, the Nurgle symbol in the Vampire Coast opening) and I'm sure they'll come with some new features for WoC, just like Vampire Coast brought bloodlines along for Vampire Counts.

Warhammer 3's going to be Kislev, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves and Undead, with the game's story being about the return of Nagash - Nagashizzar being the only big story-hook the Dark Lands have.
I can't really see them slotting in demons into the eye of vortex map, whose story more seems like the spark for a greater demon invasion than part of one. The ending of the campaign even uses demon invasion as a sort of punctuation, seen in how the Skaven are trying to use it.

Njorhg

Validated User
Sorry- it happens in the Lizardman epilogue, so after the Vortex campaign finishes. A bit of a 'In Next Week's episode....' tone to it.
I think it's fairly explicit and more than a hint, it's literally:
Spoiler: Show
"what has just occured is but a small meal compared to the feast the ancient enemy has in store for us. N'kari comes and we must be ready."

The ancient enemy is chaos, which means that this is a prophecy that chaos is coming that's spoken after the campaign for the vortex ended.

Last edited:

Uncle Claudius

Validated User
I wonder if we'll see Cathay as DLC for game three- perhaps a version of Zheng He's expeditionary fleet lands on the south coast or something.

Apart from anything else, with Three Kingdoms coming out next year there's probably a lot of art assets that can be reused.*

*Said the man who is completely ignorant of game development.

Killer300

Validated User
So, reviving this because apparently in the February Blog they said there's another Lord Pack coming which will be updating one of the Warhammer 1 Races.

EDIT: That, and I've just been playing the game a lot recently.

Top Bottom