Total War: Warhammer 2

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
The Empire could use some love, I think.

So could the Greenskins, I hear, but I never actually tried them, whereas I'd be very keen on some love being given to us poor humans.

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
I'm hoping Wood Elves get a whole-on rebuild at some point. Their big, unique selling point used to be that you could settle any settlement in any region and put up (a very small selection of) buildings there. With the new Climates system that's totally obsolete and makes them feel really generic. Now they're just "the faction that requires the most micro."

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
It might also be good to give Bretonnia a niche beyond "sucking at everything except cavalry". They need a revamp more than anyone else, I think.

Njorhg

Validated User
It might also be good to give Bretonnia a niche beyond "sucking at everything except cavalry". They need a revamp more than anyone else, I think.
There's been fairly direct hints towards Bretonnia as the nation that'll get attention i in the next lord pack.

TheGrog

Validated User
I'm hoping Wood Elves get a whole-on rebuild at some point. Their big, unique selling point used to be that you could settle any settlement in any region and put up (a very small selection of) buildings there. With the new Climates system that's totally obsolete and makes them feel really generic. Now they're just "the faction that requires the most micro."
The stacking buff from the outpost choice is still pretty powerful once you start rolling. The effect of 10-15 Sacrificial Grounds (or more) is quite strong, although you may still have economy problems.

Shade the Lost

Validated User
Greenskins definitely have their issues, the main one being that they don't really field black orcs until dwarves are fielding ironbreakers and the like, as well as having generally poor siege ability compared to the people they're sharing home stomping grounds with. I'd be hesitant about beefing them up too much, though, as the dwarves are in a pretty precarious position as is.

Killer300

Validated User
The Empire could use some love, I think.

So could the Greenskins, I hear, but I never actually tried them, whereas I'd be very keen on some love being given to us poor humans.
Empire I think would make more sense, rework wise, as part of a faction release of a faction like say, the War Dogs. I think Orcs would make the most sense of the core 4 for a Lord Pack because,

A. There are a fair number of locations for Orcs to be on the map,

B. They don't have an obvious extra faction like the Vampire Counts did with the Vampire Coast.

There's been fairly direct hints towards Bretonnia as the nation that'll get attention i in the next lord pack.
Huh. Wouldn't have been my choice, especially as I thought they had already gotten a rework with the Fey Enchantress, but, I don't know anything how that Lord got introduced.

Greenskins definitely have their issues, the main one being that they don't really field black orcs until dwarves are fielding ironbreakers and the like, as well as having generally poor siege ability compared to the people they're sharing home stomping grounds with. I'd be hesitant about beefing them up too much, though, as the dwarves are in a pretty precarious position as is.
Oh? From where I'm at, the Dwarves seem fine mechanically, what are their issues?

NobodyImportant

Validated User
So, reviving this because apparently in the February Blog they said there's another Lord Pack coming which will be updating one of the Warhammer 1 Races.

EDIT: That, and I've just been playing the game a lot recently.
Could I have a link to this blog, please?

Shade the Lost

Validated User
Empire I think would make more sense, rework wise, as part of a faction release of a faction like say, the War Dogs. I think Orcs would make the most sense of the core 4 for a Lord Pack because,

A. There are a fair number of locations for Orcs to be on the map,

B. They don't have an obvious extra faction like the Vampire Counts did with the Vampire Coast.

Huh. Wouldn't have been my choice, especially as I thought they had already gotten a rework with the Fey Enchantress, but, I don't know anything how that Lord got introduced.

Oh? From where I'm at, the Dwarves seem fine mechanically, what are their issues?
The main one I see would be things like Grimgor getting a good Waagh rolling early and crushing you, or rats plus orcs plus vampires wombo combo.

Top Bottom