• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Traditional Ink Series: Classic DnD Monsters

Tenebraestudios

Validated User
Hi Everyone,

I was recently commissioned by a local gaming store to not only do some mural work, but also do a series of iconic DnD monsters in traditional ink. Most of these are in pen and ink
while the Mindflayer is in brush and ink. Thought I would show off the progress here as I create them. (Also open to discussions about any work you may need, as per usual)

At first I was unsure about the Beholder, I did a new, meaner version, but everyone suddenly said the liked the one I've got here as it has that old skool manual feel. Which is what I was going for.

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A nice classical approach.

Looks like you may need to clean up some pencil lines on that beholder drawing.

Last edited:

Tenebraestudios

Validated User
A nice classical approach.

Looks like you may need to clean up some pencil lines on that beholder drawing.
Ha yeah I did. Picked the wrong scan for that one. Thanks for the heads up though. I remember at that stage, I really wasn't feeling that one, so I decided to share it and found people really liked it. Whereas I thought it looked too cute.

These were done in oil pencil. The hag was a brush ink sketch that I decided to color in pencils

thrivis

Bashful Cultist
Validated User
I’m kind of in love with this ink work you’ve done~
I especially dig the displacer beast!

Tenebraestudios

Validated User
I’m kind of in love with this ink work you’ve done~
I especially dig the displacer beast!
Thank you very much! This weekend I plan on starting on some crowquill dip pen ink pieces in the Warhammer genre. My favorite ink style to work in...but I have to be so careful with it.

Top Bottom