• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Trailer for The Witcher has dropped

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you are arachnophobic, probably want to close your eyes for the last, oh, 10 seconds or so of the trailer.

They got the hairstyle right.

Has a Game of Thrones feel almost.

Any obvious connections to the RPG? Sidequests showing up in the trailer, sort of thing?

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
... God, I love Netflix money. I don’t know how good this’ll be, but clearly it’ll look spectacular.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Well, that certainly looks better than the brief Geralt introduction teaser released earlier. Actually, it looks quite good.

Could still be bad, obviously, but at least this trailer seems promising.

Any obvious connections to the RPG? Sidequests showing up in the trailer, sort of thing?
As I understand, the first season is based on the short stories, so I wouldn't expect any direct CRPG connections. (Beyond obvious stuff like shared characters.)

Last edited:

Ryom

Validated User
Really excited for this, been a fan of Henry Cavill since his performance in "The man from U.N.C.L.E."

Agamemnon2

Validated User
I'm sorry to say but I hated this. I found the dialogue hard to make out, and it's all just random dire pronouncements of doom and destiny and chaos and oh god give me something that's actually substantial already. The aggressive use of color grading makes it look very washed out and lifeless, everything seems to be shot through this ethereal blueish gray tint.

Morticutor UK

A long way away.
Validated User
I'm sorry to say but I hated this. I found the dialogue hard to make out, and it's all just random dire pronouncements of doom and destiny and chaos and oh god give me something that's actually substantial already. The aggressive use of color grading makes it look very washed out and lifeless, everything seems to be shot through this ethereal blueish gray tint.
Yeah, I feel the same about the colours. I'm replaying the first Witcher game and, even though it's dark, it have some lovely splashes of colour (murals in the inns and such). It's bright in the right places.

Obviously I'll give it a try, but I bounced right off game off thrones and this is hitting the same turnoffs.

Also, is it me or is thingy too bulky? I always thought of Geralt as wiry, fast. Not a brick shithouse

Morticutor UK

A long way away.
Validated User
Yeah, now that you mention it, Cavill looks pretty hench there.
I'm annoyed that Ciri doesn't have the ash white hair, I didn't even recognise her at first, but that's mostly because humans look alike to me and something like her standout hair colour helps me. Plus, I always thought it was a nod to the White Wolf being her better father figure.

EDIT: Wait, that was Ciri? I thought that was a blonde.

I really don't like this colour scheme.

Last edited:

HidaO-Win

Hida Without Fear
Validated User
Geralt, Yenefer and Ciri look pretty great, Triss is a bit of a swing and a miss in terms of looking like her.

Top Bottom