• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Trailer] Ready Or Not: New bride has to escape incompetent old-money cult

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm pretty sure the game selection is rigged for Hide and Seek.

Raxmei

Rattus imperator
Validated User
Well, the whole thing is a ritual sacrifice. I don’t think there are any ‘safe’ options. Chess is like Wizard Chess, which given these incompetents could go even more hilariously wrong...
The trailer I keep seeing on Netflix has a line saying she picked the only bad card. Of course that could be a lie or me misremembering. Incidentally, Netflix trailer was also a lot less gory/slapstick, not showing the maid kills and very little of the family's ineptness so that it looks more like a normal cat and mouse horror movie. The trailer in the OP was a much better sell for me.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Doesn't seem to have a release in my area, sadly.

EDIT: maybe late October?

Last edited:

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Despite what I said above, Hide and Seek is a terrible draw (in real world terms). How are you to expand the family & insure that it continues for generation to generation, if you have to kill off the newly inducted family member?

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Despite what I said above, Hide and Seek is a terrible draw (in real world terms). How are you to expand the family & insure that it continues for generation to generation, if you have to kill off the newly inducted family member?
That’s why it has an escape clause. The worthy survive, etc... :p

Raxmei

Rattus imperator
Validated User
That’s why it has an escape clause. The worthy survive, etc... :p
And if the in-laws like you they might instead rig the draw so you don't pick hide and seek. The married family members we see on screen must have got there after drawing Parcheesi or something. What I've seen of the groom's acting prior to game night implies that he expected nothing crazy to happen.

Top Bottom