• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Transhuman Space?

Ghost Warrior

OK, I see in the "anticipated games" thread that a lot of people are waiting for Transhuman Space. I did a quick search and found it at SJG. The concept seem interesting, but SJG's web site was vague.

Gimmie the lowdown!!!

Thanks,

GhostWarrior

MelanisZbri

RPGnet Member
In-system sci-fi. The hook being the theme of humanity/identity and the 'transhumans'.

My opinion: calling it transhuman is just a cover for what they really wanted to do, deep down in their cold dark hearts - FURRY Space!

King of Old School

More good games than time
Validated User
"Powered By GURPS"?

I noticed that Transhuman Space is labeled "Powered By GURPS" (as opposed to the standard GURPS naming convention, i.e. "GURPS Castle Falkenstein", "GURPS Traveller", et al.).

Does this mean that Transhuman Space will be a self-contained game line, not requiring the purchase of other GURPS books (including the core GURPS book)? Or is this just marketing blather?

KoOS

NPC

Sexbot Repairman (NPC since Jan. 2002)
Validated User
well, let's just say that I'm running a Transhuman Space campaign (set in the Free City of Königsberg) for several months now - and it's a *very* fun game...

N

NPC Chris D

Re: "Powered By GURPS"?

King of Old School said:
I noticed that Transhuman Space is labeled "Powered By GURPS" (as opposed to the standard GURPS naming convention, i.e. "GURPS Castle Falkenstein", "GURPS Traveller", et al.).

Does this mean that Transhuman Space will be a self-contained game line, not requiring the purchase of other GURPS books (including the core GURPS book)? Or is this just marketing blather?

KoOS
I wouldn't say "Blather" but, AFAIK, it will require GURPS
Basic Set; unlike, oddly enough, the more traditionally
named GURPS WWII and GURPS Discworld and ADB's
forthcoming GURPS Prime Directive, all of which include
appropriate versions of GURPS Lite and thus *are*
playable as standalone games.

Chris Dicely

N

NPC Whymme

Re: "Powered By GURPS"?

King of Old School said:

KoOS
You're not required anything. I want to treat it as all those other GURPS supplements; buy it for the setting and use a system that I prefer with it.

Whymme

K Peterson

Banned
Re: Re: "Powered By GURPS"?

NPC Whymme said:
I want to treat it as all those other GURPS supplements; buy it for the setting and use a system that I prefer with it.
Agreed.
Unless I'm totally blown away by what GURPS can accomplish with this setting's features, then it'll likely be a Blue Planet conversion for me.

K Peterson

Banned
Re: Re: "Powered By GURPS"?

NPC Chris D said:
I wouldn't say "Blather" but, AFAIK, it will require GURPS
Basic Set; .......(snip).....
I actually posed this question on the Transhuman Space Yahoo Group, and from what I was told, you need the GURPS core book and GURPS Compendium I to run TS.

The Pugilist

Elder of the Trusted Hand
Re: Re: Re: "Powered By GURPS"?

Lapdog said:

Agreed.
Unless I'm totally blown away by what GURPS can accomplish with this setting's features, then it'll likely be a Blue Planet conversion for me.
I'm hyped about it too, and I am thinking of converting it to BESM 2nd, using the critical wound and shock rules to add realism.

Top Bottom