• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

TrollsZine and Outlaw Press [T&T/dodgy dealings]

zanshin

Validated User
Just to clarify something that the notorious Jim Shipman has pronounced on his site, which I do not intend to link to.

I quote from the site Home Page as of 3.8.11

We have recently struck a new deal that will allow of to publish TrollsZine #1, #2 and #3 in paper form. You will only be able to purchase them here.
I edited TrollsZine. The terms of the agreements with the individual contributors (including myself) were that they were not for profit, not for republication (other than by the contributors if they find another placement for the article) and donated for use in TrollsZine on that basis.

No deal has been struck. No deal could be struck. No deal would be struck. Ever.

Get TrollsZine free from lulu or Drive thru. Don't give this man your money.

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
Who in the hell is going to be doing the printing? Unless he's going to crank these out at home on a laser printer and have them bound at Kinko's, that's going to go over like a lead balloon for him. Especially since now there's two (multiple?) wronged parties to send takedown notices.

nedjer

Validated User
Who in the hell is going to be doing the printing? Unless he's going to crank these out at home on a laser printer and have them bound at Kinko's, that's going to go over like a lead balloon for him. Especially since now there's two (multiple?) wronged parties to send takedown notices.
I'd imagine that's exactly the kind of high production values a buyer could expect

bottg

Validated User
You really don't expect Shipman to publish something he has the right to, do you?

Sheesh, you people, expecting the impossible.......

zanshin

Validated User
The good folks of TrollBridge have got righteously angry about the latest insults. Action is being coordinated

here

Anyone who has suffered at the hands of Outlaw Press is invited to the thread and cordially welcome to help us with action to stop this ongoing annoyance.

zanshin

Validated User
A bit of thread necro because he is claiming again that he has permission to publish and sell Trollszine.

Still not the case, still no permission, Trollszine, including the new issue , number 4, is still and will always be free to download. Please do not pay for something you can have from RPG Net for free, and especially don't give this man your money.

sneaker

Banned
A bit of thread necro because he is claiming again that he has permission to publish and sell Trollszine.

Still not the case, still no permission, Trollszine, including the new issue , number 4, is still and will always be free to download. Please do not pay for something you can have from RPG Net for free, and especially don't give this man your money.
Thanks for the update, downloaded Trollszine 4. Nice to know there's a new French edition on the way.

zanshin

Validated User
You are welcome, I think its very nice as well. The french edition promises to be beautiful , with lots of new Liz Danforth drawings. I am sure I'll be picking it up despite my very limited French.

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks for keeping everybody updated. I eagerly await the day that Mr. Shipman steps in a pile too big for him extricate himself from.

Top Bottom