• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[TSR Top Secret/Top Secret S.I./Agent 13/13: Assassin

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Can anyone tell me about the TSR spinoffs from Top Secret S.I. called Agent 13 and 13: Assassin?

I get they were party graphic novels and comics, but most seemed to have roleplaying rules as well as mini-games and/or cards?

I'm on a Top Secret kick right now and am desperately trying to find more info.

Thanks!

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
Can anyone tell me about the TSR spinoffs from Top Secret S.I. called Agent 13 and 13: Assassin?

I get they were party graphic novels and comics, but most seemed to have roleplaying rules as well as mini-games and/or cards?

I'm on a Top Secret kick right now and am desperately trying to find more info.

Thanks!
They were Top Secret S.I. foray into pulp fiction. There was a RPG sourcebook, two graphic novels, a trio of novels, and then a series in TSR's comic anthology from the 90's.

EDIT: The novels were recently re-released in an omnibus.

Last edited:

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Ok - good feedback. So, how were the rules in the 13: Assassin? Decent for Top Secret S.I.

I'm also really like the Agent 13 Sourcebook and may need to hunt down the novels and comics. They have to be better than the Pool of Radiance novel I picked up for $2.00 in a bargain bin ... I mean, wow. First 5 pages were hard to get through.

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you want the Agent 13 source book, PM your street address and I'll send you my copy free of charge (If I can find it). Consider it something I'm paying forward.

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Most kind of you! I'll be in touch, Akajdrakeh.

Also, anyone know anything about Warhawks - I've read there were game rules in those comics as well ... anyone ever take them for a spin?

Moebius

Validated User
13 Assassin took the 1930s setting into the (then) modern day. They were comics with 1 or 2 page articles with some rules, usually character stats. There were other comic/module titles like Warhawks and a horror themed one that had sanity rules, etc.

They're kind of neat to collect, but the comics themselves were not good. The rules were not all that necessary. So unless you are a hardcore collector, don't put a whole lot of effort or funding into it- is my advice (from one who has done that)

Last edited:

The Radioactivist

Validated User
Thanks for all the replies, folks. The sources I found have them for fairly cheap, so might be worth a chuckle.

Top Bottom