[turned into a Warhammer 40k thread] Alt-righters getting banned off Patreon

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Maybe I'm not reading the tea leaves properly. I want the Emperor to have an arc, but there's no sign of one yet.
To paraphrase OOTS, if everything he's been through with Horus and Magnus and Angron and the literal forces of the cosmos hasn't made him want to be a better man, I doubt a couple of one-liners from Guilliman is going to do the trick now.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Canonically, the emperor's Tarot sends omens to Astropaths across the galaxy, so he's active at the big picture level.
Canonically, he weeps a single, tiny, tear when a Hero of the Imperium falls in battle anywhere, so he's psychically aware of millions of deaths all the damn time..
Is it canon or is Imperial propaganda.
Because kind of sounds like propaganda.

junglefowl26

Validated User
Is there a canon seperate from propaganda? I thought that all work was done in universe to keep the unreliable expositor element

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
Is there a canon seperate from propaganda? I thought that all work was done in universe to keep the unreliable expositor element
Most of the information in the setting is factual, as opposed to propaganda.
To my knowledge, "its propaganda" is only ever used as a excuse by the less savourly part of the fandom for why Xenos suck all the time in the fluff, and never for anything else. I do not know of any current Canon sources for it either.

(By which I mean taht I Heard this a bunch of times, but never with a source for it. Makes it seem like its more of a meme than fact)

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm certain I read it in 3rd ed. Looking it up all I can find in current canon is the "emperor's tears" being red tears from the eyes of statues of the emperor, especially before big warp shenanigans.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I'm certain I read it in 3rd ed. Looking it up all I can find in current canon is the "emperor's tears" being red tears from the eyes of statues of the emperor, especially before big warp shenanigans.
Aw, I had a amusing mental image of Custodes poking Emps with a pipette every few seconds to get those sweet, sweet tears :)

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Aw, I had a amusing mental image of Custodes poking Emps with a pipette every few seconds to get those sweet, sweet tears :)
I put forth, for consideration, my own mental image of Custodes taking turns to switch the buckets left in the Emperor's lap.

Crumbs

Validated User
I remember something about the emperors tears back in the day pretty sure it was the hero thing as well.

A2A

Proud Member of the Fuzz
Validated User
The Emperor's tears thing comes from the 2nd edition Codex Imperialis, if I remember correctly. Its definitely in one of the books in the big box for that edition.

Top Bottom