• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[TV/Movie] [Star Trek] CBS + Viacom = ViacomCBS! Split-personality transporter accident reversed!

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
So, yeah - it happened. For reals.

This is exciting/intriguing news for Star Trek fans in particular, because this deal means one muti-headed beast controls ST movies and TV, which has not been the case for [insert more knowledgable person's information] years. So, there could be some powerful synergy coming in the Trek brand.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Synergy can be good but also potentially homogenizing. Right now, on the TV side, they seem to be going the comics route of "multiple types of stories, more or less in the same universe".

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Why did they even divide in the first place?

I Kind of understand the remerger I guess, fear of the borg.

Last edited:

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
Synergy can be good but also potentially homogenizing. Right now, on the TV side, they seem to be going the comics route of "multiple types of stories, more or less in the same universe".
That's a good point. Some screwballs at the top might decide everything has to be like [insert whatever ST thing is clearing the most profit], and shy away from the diversity of what CBS has in production and in the development stages. Hurmph

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Why did they even divide in the first place?

I Kind of understand the remerger I guess, fear of the borg.
We are the Mouse. Lower your shields and surrender your executives. We will add your imaginative and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your intellectual property will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. :)

4th of Eleven

Validated User
Oh man, now the crackpots are going to have to come up with a new conspiracy theory to explain why Discovery's effects don't exactly match a show from half a century ago... :p

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
Oh man, now the crackpots are going to have to come up with a new conspiracy theory to explain why Discovery's effects don't exactly match a show from half a century ago... :p
Obviously this will just prove to them that it is set in nuTrek universe. ;)

Top Bottom