• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Ultra-Necro] What is the pride and joy of your game collection?

Matthew Hobbs

Dandy Highwayman
Validated User
What the title says. What are some gems, or even "diamonds in the rough," that sit on your game shelf and make you feel fuzzy when you see them? Obviously, I'm coming at this from a collector point of view - I haven't actually gamed in over ten years, but damned if a lot of my disposable income doesn't go to supporting the hobby.

Oh, and the first one who says LUG's "Dune" gets punched in the nuts. :D

I'll go, and I have a few:

1. The complete set of MU1 - MU4, Gamer's Handbooks to the Marvel Universe, 1989. Abomination through Zzzaxx. Got 'em for $47 off eBay - and all in nice white binders, all the pages in their own page protector. Ready for my ultimate MSH game when I run it...

2. The complete run of the Buck Rogers: XXVc game from TSR. Everything, dude - main box, every planet supplement, every adventure, even the character sheets. Another eBay steal for under $50.

3. So You Wanna Be a Rock'n'Roll Star? Game - a Rock'n'Role-playing game. Just for the sheer quirkiness of it.

4. A nearly complete run of Mayfair's Underground RPG. I'm missing the Luna sourcebook, and a book put out by another publisher - Atlas, I think. Everything else I have is the bomb, though.

All right, that's it from me. So what else does everyone have that they're proud of?

The Incredible Hatboy

Superhero at large
I'm vaguely proud of having three seperate copies of The Adventures of Baron Munchausen around, specifically so that if I ever introduce someone to it and they turn out to be really good, and I can simply give them the copy on the spot.

Also, I'm still giddy over finding a limited-edition copy of Aeon, before the lawsuit turned it into Trinity. It's got a full-body plastic cover and spiral binding... drool.

AJFixer

Writer
Validated User
Re: What is the pride and joy of your game collection?

Matthew Hobbs said:
What the title says. What are some gems, or even "diamonds in the rough," that sit on your game shelf and make you feel fuzzy when you see them? Obviously, I'm coming at this from a collector point of view - I haven't actually gamed in over ten years, but damned if a lot of my disposable income doesn't go to supporting the hobby.
Well, I'm not a collector, but do have a couple rare gems that I'm glad I have: GURPS Conan and GURPS Bunnies & Burrows. Both are damn fine games, and both are nigh impossible to find anymore.

The one game that I get warm and fuzzies from just looking at is BESM 2nd ed. I'm not into anime at all, but the sheer potential that book holds for groovy gaming just oozes out of it and makes me grin when I'm near it.

The Eye

is podcast...
Validated User
Wraith : the Oblivion.

i know, it's hardly anything, but i'll never let it go. even if i never play it.:D

The Shadowy Mr. Evans

Banned
My most prized games are:

The Limited-Edition Hellboy SB&RPG HC
A WHFRP HC ( the first RPG I bought )
A copy of Nobilis First edition that I picked up used for $2
GURPS Prisoner

N

NPC WOPR

You can have my copy of Metamorphasis Alpha when you can pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Gary N. Mengle

Antithesis of Weal
*cracks knuckles*

Empire of the Petal Throne - THE pride and joy.

Dragon #4 - The EPT special issue, loaded with Tekumely goodness. Set me back $84 and worth every goddamned penny.

Chivalry & Sorcery - First Edition. Got it for a song on eBay.

Jorune - Second Edition (the gorgeous box set.)

Traveller - Classic, first printing. In the shrinkwrap.

Azhanti High Lightning and Fifth Frontier War - Classic Traveller boardgames, both unpunched. Also for Traveller, Solomani and Aslan, Vilani and Vargr and the Starship Operator's Manual, from Digest Group.

Talislanta - Everything ever made.

Ivinia - Box set, for Harn. Impossible to get nowadays. Also for Harn, Lythia and the original editions of Chybisa and Evael, along with a stack of Encyclopedia Harnica and Harnlore.

DragonQuest - The original SPI classic. An amazing game for its day. I also have the adventures that Judges' Guild did for the game.

The Arcanum - Another classic, this one from Bard Games. Still the best alchemy system.

Ars Magica - Second Edition and suppliments.

Justice, Inc. - Still the best pulp game ever, IMO. And Lands of Mystery, still the best pulp supplimemt ever.

Champions - Second Edition. The second RPG I ever played. I lost my original at some point, but picked one up from the foks at Hero last year for nostalgia's sake.

The Book of Magecraft - For Brthright. Just bought this for $7.95 the other day. Commands preposterous prices on eBay.

Call of Cthulhu - 25th Anniversary leatherbound edition. Gorgeous.

D&D Rule Cyclopedia - The ultimate edition of the original D&D.

FVLMINATA - Both editions, on the list just because they're so cool.

GURPS - I have 175 GURPS books. Holy fuck.

Midnight at the Well of Souls - Crappy but crazy rare.

Space Master - Everything ever made.

Swordbearer - Original Heritage edition, in the miniatures box.

Star Trek: The Role Playing Game - from FASA. I also got this dirt cheap. Even have the original dice.

Top Secret - Original edition.

The World of Synnibarr - I've gone through my copy of the hooter with a highlighter, to point out all the reallly choice bits.

Christian

Go big or go home.
Validated User
Autographs

I got me:

GURPS Humanx signed by Alan Dean Foster.

The Babylon Project signed by nearly every major character on the show.

Numerous Star Trek CCG cards signed by the actors. My fav is Michael Dorn (worf's) signature on the "I am not a merry man!" card.

Numerous Magic cards signed by the artists.

Melkor

Unconquered Son
Validated User
I had an opportunity to pick up Empire of the Petal Throne at a Half Price books, but it just didn't do it for me.

My prized possessions are copies of the WHFB/WHFRP/WH40K Realms of Chaos harbounds.....I've been collecting since 85, and literally have a storage unit FULL of Office Max boxes filled to the brim with RPGs....I'm sure I have some more good stuff, I just cant remember at the moment.

Aries

Gone- No Longer Here
My pride and joy game in my collection

The pride and joy game I have in my game collection is James Bond 007. I have all but 3 or 4 of the supplements.

Top Bottom