• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Unity RPG .....

Sage Genesis

Two
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We played a few sessions a couple of months back and really liked it. We're hopping to play more in the future.

As a GM, I hope we get to see a bestiary for this game in the future. It's all that's missing.
Same here. I also plan to run a normal campaign later this year, I'll chime back in once that's underway.

farseerixirvost

Member in Good Standing
Validated User
As the type with VERY limited time, a bestiary *AND* an adventure or campaign would be ideal for me to get it off the shelf and do something with it.

AilphanG

Eventually you'll be dead
Validated User
In April and May they were teasing some new stuff, mainly a forthcoming quickstart adventure called "Poison Within" (ETA: June 2019). So far, nothing has come of it, as far as I can tell.

Their Twitter is dead since 2018, their Facebook is rarely updated (though they did have that teaser), and their website still lists Google+ as a main way to follow them. So, tough to know the status of anything.

Even if the game is great -- maybe if that quickstart ever comes out, I'll know! -- it seems to have mostly burnt up on entry with the atmosphere. It's a pity, because D&D 4E-inspired games are not thick on the ground. Hopefully that doesn't mean that there's little demand for them. (Games designed to be balanced while having a lot of mechanically distinct options are tough to design, and we must treasure each one!)

kvltjam

Async
Validated User
And like that, there’s an update!
* New playable races are almost done.
* The Monk, barely missed as a KS stretch goal, is still coming out! (HOORAY!)
* Legacy of the Pale King is going non-exclusive, as a way to get people into the game better.
* The Poison Within needs starter characters and Anson has asked for backers to help out.

VladTaltos

Validated User
Just as I was starting to wonder if something bad had happened. The Monk class being released is great news! I started a game last year but everyone's summer schedules made it impossible to continue for now. A bestiary would go a long way toward helping me pick this up again.

Dionysos

Validated User
It’s very unfortunate that a monster manual/bestiary/whatever was not prioritized. As a fan of the small genre of well made combat-focused RPGs, I find this game very interesting. However, combat heavy games need a healthy selection of antagonists, and expecting GMs to homebrew large numbers of antagonists isn’t helpful for running long campaigns. As such, the dollars that I might have spent in this are probably going to Pathfinder 2e. I hope the makers of Unity change course on that soon.

AilphanG

Eventually you'll be dead
Validated User
And like that, there’s an update!
* New playable races are almost done.
* The Monk, barely missed as a KS stretch goal, is still coming out! (HOORAY!)
* Legacy of the Pale King is going non-exclusive, as a way to get people into the game better.
* The Poison Within needs starter characters and Anson has asked for backers to help out.
I think we can all agree that I'm to thank for this news.

(The preceding sentence is facetious.)

Top Bottom