• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Unity] Wanted to share a project I've been working on :)

Kalvin Lyle

Validated User
Your sample PDF is great, really well done. The game looks amazing. One question, not sure if it's come up yet, but how do you keep track of the distances between all the characters during combat?

Keep up the great work!

U

Unity

Thanks for your reply, Unity. And yeah, i saw that about the attack a bit later ^^ Oh well, i'm glad it was not a big fat post that got lost ;)

Glad to hear there will be a map. I hope you'll also have it as a high resolution pdf for backers and as a high res. jpg on your webpage? I always think it's a shame when maps are "cut into half" in a book because they are on a two page spread :( Have you considered doing a fold-out map or a map that is just inside the book but can be taken out (in a sleeve on the inside of the back-cover or something like that)?
Hey Eilathen,
I love your love of maps haha :) One of our stretch goals for the KS is to actually have a poster sized map shrink wrapped with the book! If we don’t quite get there, there will always be the PDF version of the map in the digital copy of the Core Rulebook that anyone backing at the physical tier will receive at no charge. The PDF version can be printed without being “cut in half” as you mentioned.

Your sample PDF is great, really well done. The game looks amazing. One question, not sure if it's come up yet, but how do you keep track of the distances between all the characters during combat?

Keep up the great work!
Thanks Kalvin, that’s really nice of you to say. With regards to distances if it’s a big battle and you are using a sheet of paper or a dry erase mat to draw out locations or terrain, you’ll know after the very first battle how your GM views distances and it’s really not that hard as there’s 3 main range bands and a very rare one (Very Far).

In our games, tokens or minis that are clumped around each other maybe spaced apart by a couple of centimeters are always considered adjacent. You move them a bit further away 10-15 cm and now that’s nearby, further than that and you have far. Once you’ve done a fight or two, it’s very easy to acclimate visually to the distances and when in doubt always ask but we’ve found that new players pick it up really quickly. But I can see how this might be confusing explained without an example, I’ll put a quick video tutorial on my to do list as I know exactly how to show this visually. There’s also guidelines in the Rulebook that help the GM with monster placement and explaining range bands to the group. One of the things I talk about exaggerating the distances visually especially if your group is sitting down for the first time to Unity’s combat.

In a smaller battle where you don’t need to have any visual representation, you simply use the adjectives to describe where everyone is which is basic theatre of the mind fare.

CharonsLittleHelper

Validated User
As a heads up to all - it looks like this was put up a few days ago. It's already funded and well on the way to stretch goals.

Congrats man! Considering your success, I'll certainly be taking your production/kickstarter tips to heart! :p

Top Bottom