• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Vampire 5th ed, Camarilla & Anarch Guides

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
The use of the actual horrors happening to homosexuals in Chechnya in the context of a Vampire supplement is abhorrent. This is completely unacceptable.

Camarilla Supplement for Vampire Fifth Edition said:
The recurring international controversy over the persecution of homosexuals is a clever media manipulation designed to keep the focus on Sharia law, away from the true inner workings of the republic. While homosexuals are indeed held in detention facilities for days, and humiliated, starved, tortured, and eventually fed upon and killed, this is not the point. The point is to distract from the truth of what Chechnya has become. That said, even among the Kindred any kind of "homosexual behavior" is punished harshly.
...There is unfortunately nothing we can do for our brothers and sisters in Chechnya who suffer under this -- interference is ill-advised at this point, but should any Kindred (or even kine) seek asylum within regnums under our control, granting it may win allies to our side who are not just well-trained in combat and thankfu to us, but also knowledgeable in the ways of a people who might already be preparing to attack us.

theliel

Fan of Many Things
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Do I want to know "the truth of what Chechnya has become" ?
No, but it's basically take everything that classic WW said about using historical war crimes and then do the opposite.

They're saying the entire country, and the LBGT+ pogrom with literal death camps, that is currently ongoing is part of a cam operation to run the country and get easy feeding.
The current ruler doing this is also secretly a vampire.

Levi

Slayer Of Spambots.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They're saying the entire country, and the LBGT+ pogrom with literal death camps, that is currently ongoing is part of a cam operation to run the country and get easy feeding.
The current ruler doing this is also secretly a vampire.
...This reminds me intensely of my experiences with "Vampire Larp organizer from the 00s trying be hardcore".

Toothsome

Banned
Validated User
I don’t have my book in front of me right now, but doesn’t the Brujah section mention the alt right as one of their sources is new kindred?

Dalerik

Preaching Gaming Anarchy
Validated User
I don’t have my book in front of me right now, but doesn’t the Brujah section mention the alt right as one of their sources is new kindred?
Pretty much. As well as the antifa, and other left-wing groups. The surprise wasn't the fact that the Brujah had some members who liked fascist members.
The surprise was the context, as it was mentioned in the same damn breath as a pro-bongo lawyer.

Anyways. I'm too tired to be shouting at the nuWW team for the whole Abrek thing, but I'll be sending angry mails after re-reading the section first thing in the damn morning.
Because. Wow. Talk about doing a 180° compared to book on the Shoah.
Hopefully, it's not too late to get them to eat their words on this topic.......... Just fucking, wow!

Dalerik

Preaching Gaming Anarchy
Validated User
Huh. Well, I just realized something about the interaction in the Anarch book?
Honestly, I've been a part of quite a few activist meetings in the last couple of years, and some of them really talk like this. Seeking consensus and trying to walk the line they're trying to fight for. It can get a bit artificial at times, but most times it's pretty grand.

Though, these kids might want to learn how to use the anarchist finger-system speaking order.

theliel

Fan of Many Things
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh. Well, I just realized something about the interaction in the Anarch book?
Honestly, I've been a part of quite a few activist meetings in the last couple of years, and some of them really talk like this. Seeking consensus and trying to walk the line they're trying to fight for. It can get a bit artificial at times, but most times it's pretty grand.

Though, these kids might want to learn how to use the anarchist finger-system speaking order.
I think they were going for an honest depiction of an organizing meeting.
I also think they don't have the skills to pull it off, so it looks like some sort of uncanny valley indistinguishable from 4Chan parody.

Everyone said that the core ideas are not terrible, but that they all would require exceptional execution.

I heard that this refers to the actual, literal IRL head of the federal state of Chechnya, right? This guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov
Ayup.

Skaorn

Validated User
Honestly, their writing on Brujah fascists doesn't bother me as much as the Get of Fenris from WtA did.

Top Bottom