Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 announcement

Gogmagog

Validated User
I've also decided to dig up the first Bloodlines for the ocassion, but now I'm considering my clan. I've finished the game as Tremere and Nosferatu before, so a Ventrue or Toreador would be appropriate now. But the Ventrue feel a lot more interesting - they can use Dominate in conversations, whereas Toreador... gain and lose humanity more easily. And I've never had a run where I didn't have maximum humanity all the time.
Never had humanity or frenzy ever be an issue. I think I frenzied a grand total of once and that was perhaps by accident. Humanity can be kept by not choosing the 'eats babies' option

Morty

Validated User
Never had humanity or frenzy ever be an issue. I think I frenzied a grand total of once and that was perhaps by accident. Humanity can be kept by not choosing the 'eats babies' option
I think frenzy has come up for me when I ran out of blood, but likewise rarely. And yes, there's only a few of ways to lower humanity without just randomly eating people or taking the worst options. I think killing that one ghoul in downtown to protect the Masquerade was one time I actually lost it without making some kind of mistake.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
And if you played Toreador and didn't pick the Humanity loss options it REALLY wasn't an issue since their gains were doubled and you'd sit at 10 the entire game.

Morty

Validated User
"I've decided not to be a sadistic psycho killer." "Congratulations, that makes you a saint."
To be fair, this applies to a great many RPGs with alignment or morality meters. But most RPGs don't involve struggling to hold on to your humanity in the face of becoming an undead monster...

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
To be fair, this applies to a great many RPGs with alignment or morality meters. But most RPGs don't involve struggling to hold on to your humanity in the face of becoming an undead monster...
Sure, I mean, I'm being extra facetious. But it is a problem in any game where morality is measured on a strict scale of good vs bad. Especially in a video game, where you don't have a GM and other players who can hash over the nuances of whether an action is good or bad. In a video game, it's much easier to take advantage of the weaknesses in these systems.

Morty

Validated User
Sure, I mean, I'm being extra facetious. But it is a problem in any game where morality is measured on a strict scale of good vs bad. Especially in a video game, where you don't have a GM and other players who can hash over the nuances of whether an action is good or bad. In a video game, it's much easier to take advantage of the weaknesses in these systems.
Exactly, yes. I hope that Bloodlines 2 comes up with a more engaging humanity system.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
This all sounds like great news to me so far!

There should totally be an Easter egg mode where you play as Samuel Haight (voiced by Will Arnett doing his Lego Batman voice.) I'm sure the fans would just love that! :p

I kid, but only because I'm all abuzz with nostalgia now.
I would pay entirely too much money for a Sam Haight: The Crossovering video game.

First and Forsaken Brian

Validated User
Since the Beast is closer to the surface when a vampire is hungry, I’d love to see some mechanic where the character’s current Blood Pool and Humanity both progressively gate off the less-monstrous choices to reflect that. Bonus points for having a section with a really desireable moral option close after a section where spending vitae is to the character’s benefit.

Top Bottom