Vampire The Masquerade - Looks like Paradox Entertainment will announce something soon.

Morty

Validated User
I've also decided to dig up the first Bloodlines for the ocassion, but now I'm considering my clan. I've finished the game as Tremere and Nosferatu before, so a Ventrue or Toreador would be appropriate now. But the Ventrue feel a lot more interesting - they can use Dominate in conversations, whereas Toreador... gain and lose humanity more easily. And I've never had a run where I didn't have maximum humanity all the time.

StreetBushido

Validated User
Looking forward to this one. Mixing in some Dishonored feels like a good move: supernatural super powers feels like an excellent way of expressing vampiric abilities.

Still, it's a long way off, so I suppose we'll see how this develops. Hopefully the hype has time to die down a bit before release so that the game can be judged and appreciated on its own terms rather than compared to the rose-tinted view of the first game.

Matt.Ceb

WH40k: An unending holy space Brexit. (Nic Rueben)
Validated User
There's nothing rose-tinte about our view of Bloodlines 1.

I still regularly re-play it at least once a year, and it still holds up and Ocean House as well as Santa Monica and various interpersonal quests are still the gold-standards for what an RPG should achieve to be considered "good".

StreetBushido

Validated User
Don't get me wrong: I liked and still like Bloodlines 1. I just feel that the game is often placed on a pedestal. It was good. Really good. But it wasn't a flawless masterpiece.

And the sequel is going to have to go up against the reputation of the first game, perhaps more than against the reality of it (as I experienced it).

Edit: Threw in an addition to clarify that I'm not speaking for every single sapient being that played the first game.

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
Bloodlines 1 was a great game but it definitely had bad parts. The game had those amazing hubs full of roleplay and quests and then it had those frustrating and overlong action levels that are a pain to get through (the sewers for instance)

Raveled

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
God those sewers...

Bloodlines 1 was a pretty great game until you ran into the Nosferatu questline with the tapes and that house and the sewers. After that was Chinatown and things started speeding up horribly.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Yeah, I can't actually play Bloodlines anymore because I find the gameplay a bit too painful to wade through. As mentioned repeatedly, especially the combat heavy sections like the sewers or the Sabbat haven.

Top Bottom