• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Vegetarian cookbooks

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Lately I've been pondering options to wind back a little on my redmeat consumption and to add some variety to my eating beyond things like chicken and seafood replacing said red meat. Thus i figured I might invest in a couple of introductory vegetarian tomes.

Now i'd run into a couple of lists, which contain titles such as:

• Raw: Recipes for a modern vegetarian lifestyle - Solla Eiriksdottir, Phaidon
  • A Modern Way to Eat - Anna Jones, HarperCollins
  • A Modern Way to Cook - Anna Jones, HarperCollins
  • A Modern Cooks Year - Anna Jones
  • Crossroads - Tal Ronnen, Scot Jones and Serafina Magnussen, Artisan
  • Maggie Beer's Autumn Harvest Recipes - Maggie Beer, Penguin

Anyway I figured some folks around here might also have some suggestions.

Last edited:

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The only vegetarian cookbook I have is the official one from the Grit restaurant in Athens, Georgia. The recipies are delicious (the signature tofu is spectacular), but as far as being an instructive cookbook, well, it makes a lot of assumptions about what you should know. Like, for example, appropriate measurements and weights. Betty Crocker it's not, but if you can puzzle out the intent, the rewards are great.

Terhali

Serene Green Queen
Validated User
For a holiday gift I received The Easy Vegetarian Cookbook by Jay Weinstein. Everything I've made so far has been delicious. It's not quite a starter cookbook, but it's quite accessible if you're at all comfortable in the kitchen. It's not pure vegan, but the vegan recipes are marked.

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
i can link you to sites with vegetarian recipes

Mr_Sandman

Validated User
My favorite is Vegan Brunch, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It includes things like chocolate beer waffles, which are definitely not health food, but as a strict vegetarian it's great to get some really delicious treats from time to time. To be fair, there are a good number of perfectly healthy dishes in there too. But what fun is that?

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
i can link you to sites with vegetarian recipes
Oh I have the Yummly app so I can see some vegetarian recipes. But that’s not really the same as a curated cookbook, especially when I’m trying something new and not sure what I’m looking for in terms of individual recipes.

Top Bottom