• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Vermintide II] Now with extra Chaos

E.K.K.R

Validated User
The full game is up, and it seems to be pretty awesome.

I go by E.K.K.R on Steam, feel free to add me to your friends if you are looking for people to co-op with. My preferred order for characters is Kerillian, Salzpyre, Bardin, Kruber and Sienna.

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
Happened to get into a group that was running through the campaign missions in order, just like I wanted to do with my first run of the real game. Got through four levels without a problem, but then got stonewalled by the first named boss. I'm going to want some idea of the strategy to use there before I take another shot at the bastard.

We managed to find some of the tomes and grimoires even on levels where we were going in blind. Looks like veteran players have a feel for the level design, even with entirely new levels. "What's the most pointless, pain in the ass place that's actually possible to reach if you don't die trying? Cuz that's where they'll have a grimoire."

E.K.K.R

Validated User
Happened to get into a group that was running through the campaign missions in order, just like I wanted to do with my first run of the real game. Got through four levels without a problem, but then got stonewalled by the first named boss. I'm going to want some idea of the strategy to use there before I take another shot at the bastard.

We managed to find some of the tomes and grimoires even on levels where we were going in blind. Looks like veteran players have a feel for the level design, even with entirely new levels. "What's the most pointless, pain in the ass place that's actually possible to reach if you don't die trying? Cuz that's where they'll have a grimoire."
We played the first three missions in order and found a grimoire and a tome in the Shallya's hospice map, and a tome in the mines map. The first map I was reasonably familiar with from the closed beta, and we picked up all of the tomes.

Does any character progress carry over from the first game?
Nope. But any beta-progress did carry on.

DuckFate

Bonafide Quack
Validated User
I believe if you do own the first game, you get the character costumes for VT1 in this game. I personally like their new look better, but it's something.

Overall, I'd say this is a pretty nice upgrade from the first Vermintide. If you were the judge this game by the Steam forums and all the weeping and nashing of teeth, you might give this a miss. Honestly, though, I've gotten all my characters except Sienna up to level 10, and they all feel pretty good to use. I've dipped my toes in the Veteran difficulty, but I think I'm going to wait until I've unlocked my third talent before switching over. But yeah, I like the special abilities and how each character does feel a little different to use, but not so much that you can't easily switch between them. Also, I'm glad there are no maps like Black Powder or Well Watch. They're all reasonably long and detailed with interesting atmosphere and a sort of narrative beyond "Get 8 barrels of black powder on this tug boat."

Murazor

Undead assassin
Validated User
I got a few fun rounds of Vermintide, but it felt too floaty and weightless to have much lasting appeal. Is the sequel more hard-hitting?

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
I got a few fun rounds of Vermintide, but it felt too floaty and weightless to have much lasting appeal. Is the sequel more hard-hitting?
Not sure what you mean by "floaty and weightless", to be honest. Both VT1 and 2 feel pretty "crunchy" for lack of a better word when it comes to how strikes and combat feel. I think it's a fantastic game, and I also loved VT1 (in which I spent 206 hours, so the lasting appeal was there for me).

So far I've played the first three levels, and I've managed to find a good amount of tomes and grims (the one friend that was playing with me asked me "dude, do you smell those from far away or what?"), and so far I think the level design is so far ahead of VT1 that I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bring any of the old levels back during the game's lifespan.

Paradim

Validated User
Woooow, the Waystalker got whacked by the nerfbat hard... I'm not sure I'm seeing how helpful that passive is anymore.

Ah well, I'm more hype for the Handmaiden anyways. ^.^

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
Depends on the weapon. A rapier goes through enemies like they're not there, but a two-handed hammer is pretty much the opposite of weightless.

I can't imagine why warhammers would be especially good in this setting, though...

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Woooow, the Waystalker got whacked by the nerfbat hard... I'm not sure I'm seeing how helpful that passive is anymore.

Ah well, I'm more hype for the Handmaiden anyways. ^.^
tbh I switched over to Handmaiden near the end of the beta and never looked back.

Top Bottom