• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Vermintide II] Now with extra Chaos

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Have I mentioned how insanely good Ironbreaker Bardin is for not taking damage?
Spoiler: Show

This was a recruit run of War Camp, with 3 bots. Combining the insanely useful Drakefire Cannon with his damage reduction and passive ability, Bardin is crazy useful. I enjoy playing Footman Kruber more, and I think he brings other stuff to the party, but damn if it doesn't feel like Ironbreaker Bardin will be a staple of a great deal of successful Champion and Legendary runs.

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
Ironbreaker Bardin singlehandedly prevented a complete wipe against a bile troll in extremely tight quarters. There was nowhere to avoid the spit, and worse, nearly impossible to keep it from regening from its own bile puddles. The fight went so long, two players who died fighting the thing had time to respawn, and Bardin had to go get them. We regrouped, found a slightly more open area to fight, and finally burst the thing down. It'll be interesting to see if Fatshark leaves him like that, or makes an adjustment to his indestructibility.

The new loot scheme is so much nicer. I kept getting garbage out of all my chests, so I ground it up for salvage and made a current spec halberd. Just like that, green quality weapon. No fuss, no slowly stockpiling the same weapon while cursing the RNG, just junk loot in one end, something useful out the other end. Now, if they'd quit hiding all the weapon stats, so I could get a better idea of what the difference between 40 power and 60 power actually means...

E.K.K.R

Validated User
so I could get a better idea of what the difference between 40 power and 60 power actually means...
In one item? Not very much, if any.

What matters is your total hero power, shown on the left. It's calculated (level * 10) + (all your gear power added together / 5). The cap is 600 power (lvl 30, and power 300 items in every slot).

So equipping a Power 60 weapon instead of Power 40 weapon only increases total hero power by 4.

When you bring the mouse cursor over Hero Power, it tells you Power increases damage, and makes you cleave through more enemies, and makes your pushes more effective.

As for concrete numbers, well, can't help you there. The damage increase seems not to be incremental, but rather to be based on tiers/brackets. For example: "reach x power, get +y% damage. Nobody seems to know what x and y are though.

So generally, there's no point switching a power 40 Blue to a power 60 White, unless you are switching every slot at once, and even then the blues' properties might well be more useful than the damage bonus.

Last edited:

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
Speaking of the gearing, I love that I can earn chests with my best character and then claim the loot with another character. A couple of the heroes on my account are still level 1, but they have Power 100 weapons for when I do get around to playing them.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
GRRRRRIMNIIIIIIRRRRRRR!!!!

Slayer Bardin is my new favourite character for silly, fun runs. For serious runs I'd still use Kruber or Ironbreaker Bardin, but damn if I wasn't cackling with glee throughout the first few games with Prince Facestab.

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As of now I have Kerillian at level 21, Sienna and Saltzpyre at level 5.

I think it's funny that I ended up only managing to complete Vet Skittergate on Sienna, despite only having her at level 5, because she had a bolt staff and was able to burn down the last boss while everyone flailed around. I tried and failed twice on Kerillian (handmaiden) because we couldn't do enough damage.

edit: I didn't get that far into the first game because I was accepted into the beta right after I started playing. But the last boss of Skittergate

was a homage to Thanquol and Boneripper right?

Last edited:

Njorhg

Validated User
edit: I didn't get that far into the first game because I was accepted into the beta right after I started playing. But the last boss of Skittergate

was a homage to Thanquol and Boneripper right?
Fully, but it isn't the only character which looks like another in everything but name.

Last edited:

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
Speaking of the gearing, I love that I can earn chests with my best character and then claim the loot with another character. A couple of the heroes on my account are still level 1, but they have Power 100 weapons for when I do get around to playing them.
The game seems to adjust loot upwards based on your other characters, too. My first few chests rewarded items with power in the teens. After getting Kruber up to level 8, I switched over to try Saltzpyre, and immediately starting getting power ~50 Witch Hunter swag. These were new chests, not ones I'd been saving. That, or there's an adjustment period where you get substandard gear.

E.K.K.R

Validated User
The game seems to adjust loot upwards based on your other characters, too. My first few chests rewarded items with power in the teens. After getting Kruber up to level 8, I switched over to try Saltzpyre, and immediately starting getting power ~50 Witch Hunter swag. These were new chests, not ones I'd been saving. That, or there's an adjustment period where you get substandard gear.
The power of items you get is based on the highest power item you have gotten so far. It appears to be [+/-10 power of the highest power item you have gotten]. Doesn't matter when you got the chest, only when you open it. Chests gotten from recruit cap at Power 100, chests gotten from Veteran cap at power 200, and chests gotten from Champion cap at power 300 items. Commendation chests have power cap of 300 for items as well.

Oh, and the game tracks the [highest power gotten] by account, not by character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom