• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Vermintide II] Now with extra Chaos

Guvmint Helper

Starbelly Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can get it by clicking the mouse scroll wheel while not pointing at anything, unless it's remapped for you. I've never used T for it, and remapped Tag to a mouse button, so I never hit the T key at all. :)

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Yeah. Meanwhile I've kept T for the tag function and bound tag/convo wheel to another key. It helps me to avoid false messages.

StreetBushido

Validated User
Montegris and I had a good (but short) session yesterday. I managed to deal a total of 11 damage to the Stormfiend that showed up.

For the sake of my ego I'm going with two explanations (excuses):

1) I was trying to jockey for a good position to attack it without becoming an extra crispy Kruber.

2) I was dealing with the horde so that the others were free to beat on the Stormfiend.

...and when I was good and ready to join in the fight it was suddenly dead? Man, I need to up my damage output!

Last edited:

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Montegris and I had a good (but short) session yesterday. I managed to deal a total of 11 damage to the Stormfiend that showed up.

For the sake of my ego I'm going with two explanations (excuses):

1) I was trying to jockey for a good position to attack it with becoming an extra crispy Kruber.

2) I was dealing with the horde so that the others were free to beat on the Stormfiend.

...and when I was good and ready to join in the fight it was suddenly dead? Man, I need to up my damage output!
We had a (not excessively competent) shade in the group, and I had my railgun-toting ranger. A good shade can kill a Legend boss in the time a single concentration potion lasts, and my shots were dealing consistently high damage (the last one hit the controller too). So you handling the horde actually helped more than a bit of extra DPS on the boss would have, to be honest.

StreetBushido

Validated User
We had a (not excessively competent) shade in the group, and I had my railgun-toting ranger. A good shade can kill a Legend boss in the time a single concentration potion lasts, and my shots were dealing consistently high damage (the last one hit the controller too). So you handling the horde actually helped more than a bit of extra DPS on the boss would have, to be honest.
Thanks, man!

StreetBushido

Validated User
Tried my hand at running with some randoms this weekend. All in all it worked out surprisingly well, even though I played at Champion, which I understand is the most "toxic" difficulty.

However, I do have a bit of a story to share.

I joined a group of three players that I think knew each other. They seemed experience, but at the same time had a bit of a spotty grasp on the placement of tomes and grims. For once I could supply some expertise! Things moved along quite well for a few missions. One of the players, our Kerillian, had a habit of intentionally shooting teammates once they reached the Bridge of Shadows. Similarly the Bardin had his flamer and was causing a bit of friendly fire with that as well. However, FF isn't too big a deal on Champion.

Then we had a go at the Screaming Bell. I was holding a Tome and a Grimoir. We had destroyed the bell and were on the last stretch. I had taken a lot of damage, unfortunately, and was down to just the single digits in temporary health. The elf was running ahead and grabbed a medical kit. "Oh, great!" I thought. Time to get healed up. But no, despite them being at about half health they healed themselves. "Hm, dick move, but we're close to the end now and I can hold out."

The Bridge of Shadows is right in front of me. As a Foot Knight Kruber I decided to charge into it. It would quickly place myself in safety and knock away any enemies that were in the way. I charge.

The elf shoots me.

I died.

The grim is lost.

We still won, but that was so unnecessary.

Decent group overall.

And now my Kruber is level 30! Time to move on to the next character. I'm thinking it's time to level up Bardin. Is it recommended to start over at Veteran, then?

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Tried my hand at running with some randoms this weekend. All in all it worked out surprisingly well, even though I played at Champion, which I understand is the most "toxic" difficulty.

However, I do have a bit of a story to share.

I joined a group of three players that I think knew each other. They seemed experience, but at the same time had a bit of a spotty grasp on the placement of tomes and grims. For once I could supply some expertise! Things moved along quite well for a few missions. One of the players, our Kerillian, had a habit of intentionally shooting teammates once they reached the Bridge of Shadows. Similarly the Bardin had his flamer and was causing a bit of friendly fire with that as well. However, FF isn't too big a deal on Champion.

Then we had a go at the Screaming Bell. I was holding a Tome and a Grimoir. We had destroyed the bell and were on the last stretch. I had taken a lot of damage, unfortunately, and was down to just the single digits in temporary health. The elf was running ahead and grabbed a medical kit. "Oh, great!" I thought. Time to get healed up. But no, despite them being at about half health they healed themselves. "Hm, dick move, but we're close to the end now and I can hold out."

The Bridge of Shadows is right in front of me. As a Foot Knight Kruber I decided to charge into it. It would quickly place myself in safety and knock away any enemies that were in the way. I charge.

The elf shoots me.

I died.

The grim is lost.

We still won, but that was so unnecessary.

Decent group overall.

And now my Kruber is level 30! Time to move on to the next character. I'm thinking it's time to level up Bardin. Is it recommended to start over at Veteran, then?
They shot their eye to spite their face. That, or they didn't realize you were so low while goofing about.

As far as difficulty, it depends on how comfortable you feel and how high level your hero power is thanks to items. If you're at 300 from items, champion is ok but some people will frown/kick you from champion lobbies. Personally I'd stick to veteran now that they've equalized XP gains for all difficulties.

Guvmint Helper

Starbelly Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Had one like that, forget which map, but just as we're entering the bridge Unchained Sienna lets loose with her active and explodes, causing friendly fire damage to everyone. Fortunately, she'd also used a medkit on me shortly before that, so I actually had health and wasn't about to die the real death.
I'm finding that I'm solidly mediocre on Champion. On Vet, I can get sloppy and still take the least damage and help everyone out, but on Champ the cost of a mistake is so much higher. With a group of similarly skilled players, champion runs go okay, with one or two players going down, and maybe someone needing a respawn along the way. I can't carry poorly skilled players, and feel like an extra in someone else's story with a group that's all better than I am, but at least I'm mostly not a liability.

There are some weird attitudes that surface occasionally with randoms. Bounty Hunters who just blow all their ammo away to 0 so they can get a 25% power bonus on their melee (had one do that just before the Rasknitt fight in Skittergate, and explain what he was doing when I said to stop wasting ammo during the boss's monologue); a Huntsman Kruber who absolutely refused to go over the drop to join our two teammates when I drew agro from the Stormfiend so he could do so and I could follow (as Handmaiden, I was pretty confident I could get over the drop after him without taking damage) and we wound up having to kill the damned thing just the two of us while the teammates just twiddled their thumbs down there; a Kruber who bragged about taking damage because "that's damage the other players aren't taking." I'm like "well, as long as your silliness doesn't kill the run, I guess you can worship screaming bells, whatever."

I find myself feeling strange when we get an incoming horde funneled through a choke point (say the top of the circular stairs in Convocation, or the top of one of the many drops in Skittergate) and two or three of my teammates are over there flaming and chopping away at it. I know that I could go over there and get some swings in and kill a few hordelings, but I also know that that's completely unnecessary. They have that covered. So I'm standing around, and all the waves are coming from that direction so there's no rear guard action at all. I'm just watching for a Lifeleech or whatever that never appears, waving my glaive around pointlessly. Am I doing a bad thing under those circumstances? Are my teammates wondering what I'm doing? Should I be in there hacking away next to them for the sake of camaraderie?

StreetBushido

Validated User
I know that feeling, man. When running Champion with randoms I too often felt like the runt of the group. Or the extra in the movie. A far cry from often carrying the game when playing with my friends on Veteran (or Nightmare in the first game)! Hopefully that will swing around as my gear and actual player skill improves.

If it doesn't, there are always other games to play...

Top Bottom