• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Vermintide II] Now with extra Chaos

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
I played a bit yesterday, trying out the new map with a friend I'd often duo Legend with. After 5 tries I went to bed, but the consensus was "maybe we should drop this down to champion...". I won't be able to play again until the 18th, and being level 35 will help, but geez... Those beastmen are STILL overtuned.

Guvmint Helper

Starbelly Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The base maps are a bit tougher now, too, due to the change to terror events. Played Fort B last night, and the cannon-firing event at the end was just brutal - there are a LOT more rats at the higher difficulties than there ever were before. I used to roll my eyes when people would down during that event, but during last night's I was fighting for my life.

The beastmen weren't, in and of themselves, anything other than new, to me. That is, they play a little different from the previous enemies, but they still go down when you whop them. Surprise charging bestigors are surprising, but not crippling, and after they stop charging they're just darkly colored stormvermin without shields. Gors actually felt most dangerous of the beastmen, tougher than ungors, and just more numerous than bestigors. The shamans and their totems do take some mindfulness to address, but that's good in a special and not really worse than a ratling or blightstormer during a horde. Looking forward to dying to the first minotaur I encounter. The Dark Omens map is pretty, but it really recalled my experiences getting lost and not knowing what was going on when I first started playing the game.

The gameplay tweaks don't seem to me to have upped the difficulty by themselves that much. In that Fort run, I took about as much damage as I was last week on Foot Knight. The upped challenge in terror events, though, combined with a shift to emphasize stagger more, is a bit of a learning curve. I'm going to keep bashing away at it, and I have a long weekend to alternate sweating through rounds of Vermintide with cooling down while learning Planetfall. :)

FRS

Lurker on the threshold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
IMO the biggest change is in how you generate Temp HP, with the nerf on the "on hit multiple target" you may have to change the way you play/ your loadout.

FRS

Lurker on the threshold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The base maps are a bit tougher now, too, due to the change to terror events. Played Fort B last night, and the cannon-firing event at the end was just brutal - there are a LOT more rats at the higher difficulties than there ever were before. I used to roll my eyes when people would down during that event, but during last night's I was fighting for my life.

Having played a round of Fort Brachsenbrücke in Champion, i have to agree that the end event is more difficult, my 3 teammate died and i barely managed to raise them and haul back the cannon ball as a Zealot with a 2H sword.

Guvmint Helper

Starbelly Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The final event in Blightreaper is amped up as well.
Also, 2.03 patch dropped five hours ago, tweaked Temp Health on Sweep and stagger resistance.

Deptfordx

Validated User
Having played a round of Fort Brachsenbrücke in Champion, i have to agree that the end event is more difficult, my 3 teammate died and i barely managed to raise them and haul back the cannon ball as a Zealot with a 2H sword.
Ditto. I got through it, but that was a lot of goddamn rats, it was just relentless. Everyone but me went down, and If I hand't been playing Sienna 'Damage Sponge' Unchained, I'd probably have done the same.

drrockso20

Validated User
so anyone here playing on PS4, got it through Gamefly last week and so far it's been pretty fun(at least on recruit difficulty, not a big fan of how Fatshark does the higher difficulties)

Deptfordx

Validated User
It's not just Fort B, several of the end encounters are significantly harder now.

I am genuinely annoyed by this. If I wanted to play on Legend, I'd be playing on Legend.

Don't arbitarily increase a mission difficulty a year+ in.

Guvmint Helper

Starbelly Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, it did make several maps that had sort of anti-climactic endings much more meaningful. Blightreaper's tougher, The Pit doesn't seem changed. Horn of Magnus has some extra stuff, Engines and Garden don't seem to. Convocation and Athel Yenlui seemed the same, but Fort B is packed with rats, and Against the Grain has more special spawns in the cage run.

Dark Omens is hard mostly because its primary enemy is so unfamiliar I think.

FRS

Lurker on the threshold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I feel that Dark Omens on Champion and above is a really hard map, you can fight up to 2 boss before the end event, the end event itself is a mess you got massive wave of Beastmens and a Minotaur to fight at the same time while having to run around and destroy the totems.

Top Bottom