• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Lindsay Ellis has the other part of her Game of Thrones two-parter up. I'd make some sort of Winter is Coming joke but frankly it's too early in the morning.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
Lindsay and Angelina are in Dublin right now to lose their first Hugo award. So that's cool.

evilmrhenry

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lindsay and Angelina are in Dublin right now to lose their first Hugo award. So that's cool.
For reference, that's for their work on the Hobbit movie analysis videos, and is in the "best related work" category. It's literally up against Archive of Our Own, as well as a few other important works, so their chances of winning are not great.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
ITS TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE

Spoiler: Show
And a surprising upset victory for Ghost Rider.

Next time: Mechagodzilla vs. Dragonzord.
Spoiler: Show

As much as I dislke Lobo (I've met too many people who did get he was a parody. He's a walking example of Poe's Law), I'd say that lack oh holu weapon is not much of an obstacle for a Space Pope

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
For reference, that's for their work on the Hobbit movie analysis videos, and is in the "best related work" category. It's literally up against Archive of Our Own, as well as a few other important works, so their chances of winning are not great.
I mean, even a Hugo nomination is an accomplishment. I know I've never been nominated for one.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Lindsay Ellis has the other part of her Game of Thrones two-parter up. I'd make some sort of Winter is Coming joke but frankly it's too early in the morning.
It felt so good to see someone frame why I dislike how Sansa has been portrayed in the TV show so accuratly right at the beginning of this. And I stopped watching at the end of S2, so you know, writing on the wall.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
I guess it was kind of beside the point, but I wish Lindsay had mentioned how many interpreted Dany's adventures in Essos as a critique of liberal interventionism and some pointed to that as a real foreshadowing of her fall. But I guess things worked too smoothly for her in the TV show for that to really apply.

Anyway, Olly's going to read the Complete Works of William Shakespeare live online to raise money for Samaritans, a charity he credits with saving his life.
Go check him out starting August 23rd, throw him some cash, and help prove once and for all that Shakespeare is better than Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom