• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Today, on a very Special "Wha Happun, how do you fuck up the sequel to the first good video game movie?
It is fascinating that was one of the first multi-media blitzes, even if they were mostly terrible. Matt's not lying. Phelous has gone through the cartoon and it's pretty dire. Also it's funny now that people thought media blitz was, in fact, a silly idea.

The guy behind Annihilation still gives off airs that he thinks he's right, even if he did everything wrong save for keeping Robin Shou. And I don't hate Brian Johnson or anything but he wasn't a super good fit for Shao Khan when everything conspires to make him look about five and a half feet tall.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
The thing I will never forgive about Annihilation is that they killed Stryker and Kabal, two of my favorite characters, offscreen.

Its like the evil minions show up and like "Oh yeah we killed Stryker and Kabal, they're dead."

Like, fuck you movie.

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've gotta confess, Linden Ashby carried the first flick for me (along with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Trevor Goddard) so they were on super thin ice, acting wise.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've gotta confess, Linden Ashby carried the first flick for me (along with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Trevor Goddard) so they were on super thin ice, acting wise.
I'd add Lambert to list.
And they're all missing from Annihilation.

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't know why I forgot Lambert but yeah, him too. I feel like I should mention something for Bridgette Wilson as she's the only lead I didn't mention but... eh. Having re-watched the film recently she doesn't do anything especially compelling, aside from magically produce a pair of denim cutoffs. Perhaps Shang Tsung's island had a Gap.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
So Lindsay and Angelina did in fact lose the Hugo to the Concept of Fan Fiction. Here's a picture of Angelina at the annual Loser's Party with its host, who I understand owns a movie theater.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Lost in Adaptation looks at The Princess and the Goblin.

I actually watched this film on VHS back in the day... once... when rentals were a thing... anyway, it definitely looks rough, but looking back on it now it has a few concepts that I do actually find intriguing, especially that magic ring with the guiding thread.

Top Bottom