• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And Chuck also reviews the first of Discovery minisodes "Runaway" (as a mini-review).

Watch before it get's flagedfor copyright infringement (it's on Youtube after all):

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Dicebreaker, the tabletop-themed Eurogamer spinoff, has a video on What's A Tabletop RPG, which I suspect almost nobody on rpg.net is specifically going to need to know, but which might come in handy for new players:

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
One would think that "political readings of Dark Souls" would be a bit of a niche topic a year and change after Remastered came out, but Jim Sterling has a video on the topic out, shortly after TB Skyen's, which I linked above:

(It can't even be "something in the water" because Skyen lives in Denmark!)

Isator Levie

Validated User
Damn, I really want Jim to talk about political themes in Sekiro now.

I'm also completely baffled as to how anybody could miss political themes in a story in which the central conflict is driven by a ruler of a recently liberated rebel state is desperately trying to resist the onset of invasion by their former subjugators.

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Damn, I really want Jim to talk about political themes in Sekiro now.

I'm also completely baffled as to how anybody could miss political themes in a story in which the central conflict is driven by a ruler of a recently liberated rebel state is desperately trying to resist the onset of invasion by their former subjugators.
If Twitter has taught me anything, apart from "don't read the replies", it's that there are a lot of people who define "politics" in really weird and unhelpful ways.

Top Bottom