• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
indeed. If she sets up some sort of go fund me for a lawyer or something, let us all know so we can help her out maybe.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Huh. I actually managed to get a clarification on my query about the channel on which she's been uploading some of her older videos. Both through her having said so on her Twitter feed, and having actually responded several weeks ago to my query on Patreon, that I somehow overlooked.

I'm glad that worked out; I do want to watch some of those videos for reasons such as liking to review the evolution of her style, and in simply enjoying some of them, but given her stated intentions and feelings towards them in the past, I didn't care to watch videos that might be monetized for somebody else's benefit.

I wasn't sure if a Patreon query would get through to her, but emailing her directly with the query felt more intrusive than I was comfortable with, and I would have sooner never watched those videos again if I couldn't shake the uncertainty that somebody was being disingenuous about them.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
Contrapoints examines Dark Comedy and IMHO really nails it.

Spoiler: Show
'When some one says they want to watch the world burn, you only get to watch if you have the privilege of not being on fire...The Darkness comes from laughing at being on fire

Also, the bit where in Todd's '7 rings' video where he explains cultural appropriation through the use of 'The Nightmare before Christmas' is genius and it blew my mind.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
Leonard French has a new video up where he's going through the ruling of a Judge smacking down an attorney who committed the Deadly Sin.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Also, the bit where in Todd's '7 rings' video where he explains cultural appropriation through the use of 'The Nightmare before Christmas' is genius and it blew my mind.
I think that in terms of being concise and readily conveying the point, it outdoes even things that have appeared in Lindsay's videos.

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
I think that in terms of being concise and readily conveying the point, it outdoes even things that have appeared in Lindsay's videos.
Yeah, I mean sometimes some-one hits on a analogy so well and so concisely that it becomes the standard, like the 'making some-one a cup of tea' analogy for Consent. I know that the next time I have to explain cultural appropriation to some-one, this will be my go to. It's all the better, as it's probably wasn't even remotely on the creators minds when they made it...

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Two for the price of one:

Mark Brown puts the synergies of Slay the Spire under the microscope:

And TB Skyen takes a break from streaming Hollow Knight to take a look at the minimalist designs of Devolver Digital's Minit:

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'll have to watch that Slay the Spire video when I get home. I'm currently doing an endless run where a combination of how I set it up and some lucky rewards has put me in a position where nearly all opponents, including many bosses, die on the first turn. (Big deck + several Mind Blast + a starting hand Ritual Dagger, mainly.)

Top Bottom