[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
Okay, I looked into this, and apparently Android 18 CAN use the energy absorbtion technique in some of the video games. Specifically the Xenoverse games, which had come out at the time that video was produced IIRC.

In Death Battle's defense I think they've gotten better at sifting through various continuities since then, as demonstrated by their Mario vs. Sonic rematch.

AS I mentioned she outright makes fun of Gyro's and 19's Energy absorption gem/mechnism.
And seeing the crazy shit my pure Human Xenoverse PC can do, Xenoverse might be the most reliable source of character powers. ;)

Anyway, this episode was a good representation of one of my pet peeves of Deathbattle. Possibly because it was that obvious
They bring up Doomfist taking down a skyscraper, and then after the fight bring up the obvious fight that when Widowmaker was it wasn't wielded by Doomfist and took more the one blow to take down the skyscraper.
It's playing one fighter to make the fight seem more equal, by obfuscating facts, which I find annoying.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User

AS I mentioned she outright makes fun of Gyro's and 19's Energy absorption gem/mechnism.
And seeing the crazy shit my pure Human Xenoverse PC can do, Xenoverse might be the most reliable source of character powers. ;)

Anyway, this episode was a good representation of one of my pet peeves of Deathbattle. Possibly because it was that obvious
They bring up Doomfist taking down a skyscraper, and then after the fight bring up the obvious fight that when Widowmaker was it wasn't wielded by Doomfist and took more the one blow to take down the skyscraper.
It's playing one fighter to make the fight seem more equal, by obfuscating facts, which I find annoying.
Well part of the problem is they are also trying to stretch for time for stuff to talk about.

I mean on one hand We have Black Widow who has literal decades of comic appearances, movies, television, cartoons, you could talk about her and her feats all day she's got em to spare.

Widowmaker has.... one video game, and two animated shorts where she is featured. (Granted, the one where she kills Mondata was a pretty impressive showcase, but it was just one thing).

if you want to give both characters equal screen time you're gonna have to flub a few things maybe.

Isator Levie

Validated User
The Legal Eagle comes out with a video concerning the recent college admissions scandal.

The guy normally adopts a fairly neutral stance in his description of proceedings and implications, but given his own academic background, he seems to take this one a bit more personally.

Top Bottom