• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Voyages of the "Blue Rosie" (Blue Rose AGE)

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
OOC: Combined, condensed post. Sorry for the tardiness. I’ve been taking medication that was making me drowsy a lot, so I was nodding off as I typed, lol. Hopefully, things are coherent.

Let me know if you have questions, as always. :)


Angus, Expert
Location:
Faldin’s Farm, above and behind the pig barn, further north towards the path
Angus

<<I've got the sorcerer in sight, but she's guarded by assassins. Maybe she's trying to silence the pig from... oinking?>>

Angus didn't know what to say. He didn't know why the pig was shadowspawn in disguise and why the kid they were looking for had run away with a pig. Were there two shadowspawn pigs?

Under the circumstances, there was only one thing he could do: a quick hit and run attack on the sorceress.

<<I'm going for a sneak attack. Wish me luck.>>

With not many options left, Angus launched himself forward, going for the throat with his beak and hoping he'd be able to make his escape.
OOC: Attack: 3d6+3 12

So five stunt points if I hit. Gonna go for Mighty Blow, so I do 2d6 damage on a hit, 3d6 if my Dex of 3 is higher than hers, and then 3 points to move 6 yards away after hitting her.
Spoiler: Show
3d6 damage done: 8Taking damage from Angus’ beak attack: 3d6 8

30-8= 22 Hit Points for the Sorceress

The Sorceress let out a brief scream as Angus whacked into her, his beak scrapping her throat.

Angus could definitely feel the magical connection the woman had over the pig abruptly broke as her concentration was interrupted by Angus’ sudden attack. She nearly fell off her horse as the horse startled and reared up.

The horse was neighing a high-pitched sound of surprise as it swerved around, forcing the Sorceress to cling onto the saddle with both hands.

The woman tried to keep hold onto the horse, but as the horse spun again, she slid onto the ground. She ducked her head and immediately pulled down the hood of her cloak, so that Angus couldn’t see her face, before clutching her hurt throat.

Angus’ sharp eyes caught a glimpse of the black pedant with a red eye symbol on it.

Angus tried to rack his brain for what the organization symbol could represent but he was interrupted by a sound in the brush.

Suddenly, a man in dark clothing popped out of the brush, a dagger in his hand. The man tried to swipe at the Rhy-crow, but Angus had already spun around and flew out of the man’s reach. That was assassin 1, and he definitely was guarding the sorceress.

The other assassin was moving slowly towards the sorceress, his dagger in his hands and eyes darting around his surroundings and even glancing upwards at the sky. Perhaps Mr. Assassin 2 had heard Angus’ wings flapping in that brief scuffle the Rhy-crow had with the Sorceress?

[/OOC] Angus will have to do a stealth or dexterity roll to keep from being spotted from. now on, unless he doesn’t mind the enemies noticing him. [/OOC]

Angus was startled somewhat when a window door on a right side window swung open and Jarold gracefully tumbled out of said window and landed on his feet onto the ground outside.

Based on the direction Jarold seemed to be looking at and heading towards, Angus guessed that Jarold was going to perhaps fight with one of the assassins (or scare the assassin off). Jarold seemed to be trying to go the long way around, though, to hide into the brush and maybe try to flank Mr. Assassin on the right.

~~
Arvini, Pira, and Johan
Location:
Faldin’s Farm, pig barn

Johan, Adept
While Arvini and Pira looked around for clues on what invisible forces could be lurking about, Johan had focused on trying to help the pig from being strangled by said invisible forces.

The pig squealed softly, but stopped as Johan helped adjust its neck back to its normal position and make the pig more comfortable, protecting it from the magical hostile forces. Johan thought he saw a change in the pig’s eyes, as if it was studying him, curious.

At the same time, Johan noticed Jarold had sprinted towards the back windows and slamming open the window panels.

Further north of the back of the barn, amongst the shrubbery on the sides of the path Johan could see a cloaked figure on a horse being attacked by a dark shape. A shape in the form of a certain Rhy-crow.

Angus was hurting the Sorceress—which broke the spell on the pig, for Johan could see the purple tendrils retreating away from the pig’s neck and back towards the Sorceress, that prickly feeling of Sorcery becoming less intense as the tendrils flowed away.

Then Johan heard a soft, faltering, raspy psychic voice speak in his mind, addressed to him only, <<Thank... you... The boy...church... far... below...>>

The pig still seems to be shaken and recovering from the invisible attack, but Johan could have sworn it was the one trying to communicate with him. It was looking at Johan with non-glowing eyes at least for now. However, it seems to have some difficulty communicating with Johan for some reason. Perhaps this shadow creature was bound somehow from saying too much? Or perhaps it was not used to talking so much?

Johan then noticed Jarold climbing out out of one of the windows, and then heard Jarold psychically saying he’s going to try to flank the enemy and calling for Arvini to try to flank the other side.

Johan thought he spotted two men in dark clothing on either side of the Sorceress.

There was some spots of a glint here and there under the moonlight, and Johan realized these men had daggers. Assassins or her bodyguards, perhaps?

One of the men was climbing a tree, and Johan saw the man had a bow and a quiver with arrows on his back.

Owain groaned softly from where he was still lying on the ground.


Pira, Adept

As Pira swatted around her stick, she focused on using her witch sight for any signs of Arcana and Sorcery usage.

There seemed to be some faint traces of various Arcana, most of it psychic in nature. And the faint prickly feel and look of the purple tendrils of the Sorcery as well, of course.

She noticed the faint past blurry shadowy silhouette of a person in the corner. A cloaked woman? The woman had seemed to be watching them for some time. Pira guessed this was a Scrying Arcana? A sort of astral projection, perhaps.

This sorceress was watching them, but now she was not, for the silhouette was slowly disappearing as the sorceress withdrew her Scrying Arcana.

Now there were very solid vivid purple and black magical tendrils flowing around the area, trailing from the pig towards the back wall.

When Pira glanced at the back wall, Jarold had been quickly opening the window panels—and Pira caught sight of the culprit.

Or at least, the culprit causing the pig’s current suffering. The purple tendrils were definitely coming from this figure. That cloaked woman again, though she was on a horse at that moment. The Sorceress, Pira figured.

The tendrils were suddenly pulled back when the Sorceress got struck by a dark shape. Pira got some relief from that prickly feeling for the moment.

The feathery wings, beak, and familiar coat on the dark shape gave Pira signs that aforementioned dark shape was actually Angus attacking this Sorceress.

Pira then noticed a man in dark clothing popping up out of the shrubbery to the left of the Sorceress to take a swipe at Angus, but the man missed as Angus swiftly dodged the counterattack.

From the corner of her eye, Pira also saw another man in dark clothing on the other side of the Sorceress in the shrubbery glancing around himself and starting to climb the tree. He might be looking for Angus?

On this man’s back, Pira could see he had a dark leathery quiver containing some dark arrows and a bow slung across one of his shoulders.

Uh, oh. An archer type?

Arvini, Warrior
Arvini was trying to search for something, but at that moment, she couldn’t find any invisible force. She didn’t have magic sight, but she could still keep an eye out for clues. She caught some old footprints of some slender boots near the corner. Someone with boots was here before several times.

Arvini had a moment where she felt something was watching her, but suddenly, she didn’t feel it anymore.

At that moment, Jarold ran past her towards the windows and opened the window panels.

That was when Arvini noticed the strange cloaked woman on a horse among the shrubbery alongside the northern path (the one Arvini had traveled from before where she had found the piece of cloth and stuffed lobster toy).

The cloaked woman seemed to have been attacked by a dark winged shape. Arvini recognized the coat and guessed it was Angus that was ambushing this woman.

The pig seemed to have stopped struggling when Angus hit the woman, so this woman must have been the Sorceress causing all of this magical mess.

Arvini’s observant fighter eyes also noticed, within the shrubbery on either side of this Sorceress, two men in dark clothing who had daggers and quivers on their persons. Arvini knew they had to be assassins or hired mercenaries to either guard the Sorceress or perhaps finish whatever dirty violent job.

One of the men was now climbing the tree.

Jarold’s psychic voice called out to her suddenly, <<Arvini! I’m going to try flanking the man on our right. Perhaps you can flank the guy on the left side? Perhaps we can fight or scare them off? Either way, we need to stop them from hurting our witness and perhaps any innocent bystanders.>>

Jarold then gracefully tumbled out of the barn window on the heroes’ right, heading towards far side of brush, trying to get around to the assassin man on the right side...
 

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"The sorceress has bodyguards, and the archer is taking to the tree. Keep to cover," Pira called out in warning.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus

<<I think you're forgetting that I'm Angus the Great,>> Angus huffily informed the others. As he flew away from his sneak attack, he dove back into the trees, blending into the shadows in order to avoid being caught by the bodyguards.

Once in cover, he began to circle around. Since the archer was going to be busy trying to find him and deal with Jarold, it was a prime opportunity to snipe the sorceress again.

OOC: Dexterity: 3d6+3 16
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

Johan stammers in shock at the sudden psychcic communication before giving the pig a nod. “Alright. Leave it to us. You stay here and, er, try to keep out of sight.” Johan pats the pig on the head and releases his psychic hold on Owain, just in case he needs it to deal with the assassins. “Oy Owain! Get on yer feet and get lost!” Johan growls before slipping out the back window and charging at the assassins. With his companions trying to slip around to the enemy flanks Johan tries to be as obvious as possible to divert their attention. “Hey witch! I wanna have a word with ya, you sniveling sea slug!” With a flick of his wrist Johan causes several small clusters of stones to float up and orbit his hand.

OOC: Using Move Object on some small stones to use as ammo on my next turn.

Int (Shaping) = 17

Pretty sure that’s good enough to levitate some stones. I got 4 stunt points which I will use on Split Arcanum to levitate even more stones!
 

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
OOC: Short combined post.
Please read the following below to get a sense of the order.

Order of events and character order:
~Arvini will attack and flank other enemy on left side at the same time Jarold tackles the other enemy on the right side. Arvini also warns Angus.

~Pira warns Angus, and is supervising the situation at he moment. I don’t know if she is still in the barn watching from inside, looking through the windows, or if she’s gone through the windows and going towards the enemies. Either way, she seems to be keeping watch, so she is seeing and hearing everything that is happening.

~Angus hears warning and then dives to attack the Sorceress on horseback.

~Johan gathers and levitates the rocks, trying to distract the enemies.


Arvini, Warrior

"Angus, look out!" Arvini calls, while moving to flank the man on the left.
Arvini made sure to keep pace with Jarold as she swiftly circled to the left side, timing it just right so that both she and Jarold can get the strange bodyguard men distracted at the same time.

With a quick, graceful leap over the bush, Arvini twisted her torso to swing her sword at the strange man. The man was briefly distracted by Jarold charging at his companion, and was startled at the sudden attack on his own side, lifting his dagger to try to block or divert Arvini’s blade.
Spoiler: Show
Rolling attack (and let me know if I miscalculated anything! ^_^ ) for Arvini: 3d6+4 = 15

To flank and Attack strange bodyguard man in brush on left: 3d6+4 15
It hits!
Damage done (I assume Arvini has Heavy Blade?): 2d6= 4
Damage done to bodyguard man on left: 2d6 4
Add Arvini’s 1 strength, and it’s 5 damage.

But... Enemy has Light Armor, so subtract... ouch, 3 from that.

So, 2 damage done.

Enemy on left lost 2 hit points from his 30 total, so he’s down to 28 Hit Points.


Arvini’s swing was clean, but the man swerved and Arvini hit his side, only creating a small slice into his right arm at the same angle.

However, he seemed to have a thick leather cloth jacket with pouches that seemed to have absorbed most of the blow to his actual side area of his torso where Arvini was trying to focus her attack upon.

One of the pouches on the bodyguard’s jacket was torn open from her slash attack, and a few balls and some strange tiny blue pills fell out and scattered onto the ground.

Even though Arvini did not know what the pills could be, she did recognize balls as looking like those little arcane bombs she and her fellow crew members have encountered on the Blue Rosie. The same kinds that those disguised, shapeshifting Dancer assassins were carrying and throwing around that eventful evening, poisoning and infecting people, and putting other people to sleep and such.

Arvini’s keen eyes noticed that the bombs were not opened or giving off any purple smoke, so they haven’t gone off. Yet.

The strange bodyguard/assassin suddenly spun around and tried to stab Arvini.

Spoiler: Show
Tries to attack Arvini: 3d6+4 = 17

Trying to stab Arvini: 3d6+4 17
Damage done (dagger): 1d6+2 = 6

Damage done to Arvini: 1d6+2 6
The enemy does 6 damage to Arvini.


The enemy was speedy, and took Arvini by surprise as he went under one of her swipe attacks to stab her in the left shoulder.

Pira, Adept
Spoiler: Show
Where’s Pira? Did she go through the windows like the others, or is she staying inside and checking out the situation? Either way, I assume she can see everything happening with this current situation.


"The sorceress has bodyguards, and the archer is taking to the tree. Keep to cover," Pira called out in warning.
After shouting her warning, Pira watched the scene closely, ready for anything. She witnessed Arvini trying to attack the bodyguard/assassin man on the left side, but the man seemed quick and he was also prepared with leather armor. Pira also saw the bodyguard/assassin twisted around to stab Arvini in her left shoulder.

Pira then witnessed Angus’ attack diving attempt against the Sorceress and Jarold’s attacking the other bodyguard, the archer, on the right as well.

Jarold had jumped over the bush and charged at the archer, slamming him down. He and the archer were grappling with each other. The archer’s bow and arrow had dropped from his hand during the tussle with Jarold.

Jarold gritted his teeth as the archer punched his cheek, but Jarold seemed to be holding on.

With a grunt, Jarold also kicked the bow and arrow aside, trying to keep those items away from the archer at the moment.

At the same time, Pira also saw the Sorceress fall from her horse after Angus’ attack.

Pira heard Johan shout something and saw him levitating rocks from the cobblestone path and holding them in place in the air. The rocks floated up and started hovering and spinning around his hand.

That was when Pira noticed the Sorceress desperately searching inside the pouch attached to her belt and pulled something small out of the pouch. Something really small.

The Sorceress then put that something in her mouth and then, after a few moments, fell flat onto her back on the ground and started shaking. Was she seizing?

Angus, Expert

Angus

<<I think you're forgetting that I'm Angus the Great,>> Angus huffily informed the others. As he flew away from his sneak attack, he dove back into the trees, blending into the shadows in order to avoid being caught by the bodyguards.

Once in cover, he began to circle around. Since the archer was going to be busy trying to find him and deal with Jarold, it was a prime opportunity to snipe the sorceress again.
OOC: Dexterity: 3d6+3 16
Angus timed it perfectly and his aim was true as he dove towards the Sorceress and crashed into her, snapping his beak, flapping his wings, and kicking his clawed feet at the closest parts of her face and torso. She made another startled scream at this second attack, though she tried to hold up her arms to try to protect her face and body, and ward Angus off.

Spoiler: Show
Angus’ attack damage: 1d6-1= 2
But I will add +2 because she was already caught off guard and Angus was protecting his friends, so 4 damage done. :)

Sorceress does not have armor, so she takes the full 4 damage from her 30 hit points, so she is down to 26 Hit Points.


The Sorceress had been trying to get back onto her horse when Angus attacked again, and the result was the same: she fell off the horse once again.

Her hoodie fell off, revealing a young woman’s face and long, silky blonde hair. Angus felt there was something elegant about this Sorceress.

Said Sorceress made a frustrated screech as she wiped her face, which was now covered with a few large scratches that were dripping blood. There were open scratches along her neck as well.

That was when Angus heard Johan shouting, and saw Johan levitating some rocks from the cobble path.

The Sorceress stopped for a moment before she rubbed her throat as she scrabbles for something in one of the pouches attached to her fancy-looking belt.

She seemed to have pulled something out of her pouch and popped whatever it was into her mouth.

After a few brief moments, the Sorceress suddenly collapses onto the ground onto her back and—started seizing.

Johan, Adept

Johan Darche

Johan stammers in shock at the sudden psychcic communication before giving the pig a nod. “Alright. Leave it to us. You stay here and, er, try to keep out of sight.” Johan pats the pig on the head and releases his psychic hold on Owain, just in case he needs it to deal with the assassins. “Oy Owain! Get on yer feet and get lost!” Johan growls before slipping out the back window and charging at the assassins. With his companions trying to slip around to the enemy flanks Johan tries to be as obvious as possible to divert their attention. “Hey witch! I wanna have a word with ya, you sniveling sea slug!” With a flick of his wrist Johan causes several small clusters of stones to float up and orbit his hand.
OOC: Using Move Object on some small stones to use as ammo on my next turn.

Int (Shaping) = 17

Pretty sure that’s good enough to levitate some stones. I got 4 stunt points which I will use on Split Arcanum to levitate even more stones!
Johan noticed Arvini and Jarold dealing with their respective targets, and he witnessed Arvini getting stabbed in her left shoulder by her enemy.

Johan saw Angus attacking the Sorceress once again, causing her to loose balance and fall off her horse again.

When he made his threat, the bodyguards looked at the Sorceress. The Sorceress paused and stared Joan down with her serious eyes, lips tight, and her expression stubborn as she considered what to do.

Suddenly, she opened her belt pouch and grabbed something from inside the pouch and popped it into her mouth.

Before Johan could react, she fell back and collapsed onto the ground, and her body started shaking intensely. She seemed to be seizing.

Johan had a bad feeling that she must have consumed something to make herself that way.
 
Last edited:

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pira had been watching the fight, making sure that any ambush that might be planned would not surprise her companions. It seemed there was no worry about that. When she saw the sorceress swallow what she assumed was poison of some sort Pira left the barn, running towards where the others were.
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

The sight of the Sorceress keeling over causes Johan to pause for a moment. Just when he thinks these Sorcerers can't any crazier they somehow manage to surprise him. "Oy Pira! Go see what's wrong with her! I'll cover ya!" Johan calls out before taking aim at the assassin tangling with Arvini, and with a quick snap of his finger sends a rock screaming through the air like a bullet towards the assassin.

OOC: Using a Minor Action to Aim and get +1 on my next ranged attack. Using a Major Action to fire a rock at the assassin fighting with Arvini. Everything is at -1 due to Exhaustion.

TN 11 Move Object Roll(INT Shapping): 3d6+4 = 18
Got it! And that adds 1d6 damage for every 2 over the TN 11 for a total of 4d6 damage. Next comes the Ranged Attack Roll, Aim cancels out the -1 from Exhaustion

INT(Shapping) Attack Roll: 3d6+5 = 17
Damage: 4d6 = 12 Damage
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus

"Take that you sorceress bitch!" Angus crowed. Circling around, he watched as she reached into a pouch and popped something into her mouth. Curious at first, he was surprised when she started to seize.

"Poison?"
Why would she take poison? Whatever her reason, he wasn't able to do anything about it and the other crew members had it taken care of. On the other hand, he could help Arvini take care of the assassin bodyguards.

Focusing on the archer, he dove forward, beak first.

OOC: Attack: 3d6+3 17
1d6-1 damage normally, 2d6-1 if the archer's dex is less than 3.
 
Last edited:

ajdynon

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Short combined post.
Please read the following below to get a sense of the order.

Order of events and character order:
~Arvini will attack and flank other enemy on left side at the same time Jarold tackles the other enemy on the right side. Arvini also warns Angus.

~Pira warns Angus, and is supervising the situation at he moment. I don’t know if she is still in the barn watching from inside, looking through the windows, or if she’s gone through the windows and going towards the enemies. Either way, she seems to be keeping watch, so she is seeing and hearing everything that is happening.

~Angus hears warning and then dives to attack the Sorceress on horseback.

~Johan gathers and levitates the rocks, trying to distract the enemies.


Arvini, Warrior



Arvini made sure to keep pace with Jarold as she swiftly circled to the left side, timing it just right so that both she and Jarold can get the strange bodyguard men distracted at the same time.

With a quick, graceful leap over the bush, Arvini twisted her torso to swing her sword at the strange man. The man was briefly distracted by Jarold charging at his companion, and was startled at the sudden attack on his own side, lifting his dagger to try to block or divert Arvini’s blade.
Spoiler: Show
Rolling attack (and let me know if I miscalculated anything! ^_^ ) for Arvini: 3d6+4 = 15

To flank and Attack strange bodyguard man in brush on left: 3d6+4 15
It hits!
Damage done (I assume Arvini has Heavy Blade?): 2d6= 4
Damage done to bodyguard man on left: 2d6 4
Add Arvini’s 1 strength, and it’s 5 damage.

But... Enemy has Light Armor, so subtract... ouch, 3 from that.

So, 2 damage done.

Enemy on left lost 2 hit points from his 30 total, so he’s down to 28 Hit Points.


Arvini’s swing was clean, but the man swerved and Arvini hit his side, only creating a small slice into his right arm at the same angle.

However, he seemed to have a thick leather cloth jacket with pouches that seemed to have absorbed most of the blow to his actual side area of his torso where Arvini was trying to focus her attack upon.

One of the pouches on the bodyguard’s jacket was torn open from her slash attack, and a few balls and some strange tiny blue pills fell out and scattered onto the ground.

Even though Arvini did not know what the pills could be, she did recognize balls as looking like those little arcane bombs she and her fellow crew members have encountered on the Blue Rosie. The same kinds that those disguised, shapeshifting Dancer assassins were carrying and throwing around that eventful evening, poisoning and infecting people, and putting other people to sleep and such.

Arvini’s keen eyes noticed that the bombs were not opened or giving off any purple smoke, so they haven’t gone off. Yet.

The strange bodyguard/assassin suddenly spun around and tried to stab Arvini.

Spoiler: Show
Tries to attack Arvini: 3d6+4 = 17

Trying to stab Arvini: 3d6+4 17
Damage done (dagger): 1d6+2 = 6

Damage done to Arvini: 1d6+2 6
The enemy does 6 damage to Arvini.


The enemy was speedy, and took Arvini by surprise as he went under one of her swipe attacks to stab her in the left shoulder.
Arvini (Health 7/36)

Arvini, still not recovered from her duel earlier, cries out in pain and her vision begins to go blurry - she fears she's not far from collapsing, but she can't afford to give up now. Gritting her teeth, she makes another thrust at her opponent.

OOC: Attack roll of 17, 5 stunt points

Stunts: Defensive Stance, Disarm and Stay Aware.

Disarm check: 11
Perception check: 9
 
Top Bottom