IC Voyages of the "Blue Rosie" (Blue Rose AGE)

LatinaBunny

Moody Mermaid
Validated User
OOC: Combined very, very late post. I also documented the Hit Points and a few stats of sorceress and assassin on the RPG wiki.
Long sblock post below.
Spoiler: Show

~Sorceress does not have armor, so she takes the full 4 damage from her 30 hit points, so she is down to 26 Hit Points.

~Enemy on left side of barn (against Arvini) lost 2 hit points from his 30 total, so he’s down to 28 Hit Points before the recent posts.

28 Hit Points - 12 damage from Johan’s rock attack, but his leather armor shields 3 of that, so assassin loses only 9 instead and gets down to 19 Hit Points.

Then, Arvini does a sword attack which does 2d6 damage: 3

Does Sword damage to the enemy assassin bodyguard: 2d6 3 Plus her strength, which would be 1, which would add to 4 damage...

Unfortunately, the enemy seems to have his dark leather armor that has AR of 3, which cancels out most of Arvini’s sword attack.

So, only one Hit Point is reduced, which leaves him 18 Hit Points.

He will try to oppose Arvini’s Disarm attack, and may try attacking (or retreating after, if he fails). Let’s see.

3d6+4= 18 Dang.
Trying to avoid being disarmed by Arvini: 3d6+4 18

He avoids being Disarmed.

Jarold Charges at him. 3d6+4+1=16
Charges against assassin bodyguard (that was fighting Arvini): 3d6+4+1 16

Damage done (if any): 8
Damaging Bodyguard Assassin: 2d6+1 8

Bodyguard assassin’s light armor absorbs part of that damage, which reduces it down to 5 damage done. 18-5=13, so bodyguard (fighting against Arvini) now has 13 Hit Points.

He will now try to retreat and Stealth.

NOTE: Everyone will need to roll Perception against this result if 12 in order to find the bodyguards again.

3d6+5=12
Stealthy retreat: 3d6+5 12

~Archer, Calculate new damage from Angus:

Archer hasn’t been hurt yet, I believe, so he still has 30 Hit Points until Angus’ attack.

Let’s see the damage done with 1d6. (His Dex is like Arvini’s, 3.)
1d6=2
Damage done by diving and beak attacking against archer bodyguard assassin: 1d6 2

Darn. His Light Armor is tough enough to absorb the attack, though he did fall off the tree.

He will attempt to do a stealthy retreat as well.
3d6+5=13
Attempts a stealthy retreat: 3d6+5 13
Everyone will need to do a Perception check against this Stealth result to find the archer again.



Johan heard the satisfying clacking of the rocks hitting against the bodyguard assassin’s body and head, causing the bodyguard to stumble back, moving away from Arvini. He was not damaged the way Johan wanted, but at least he was trying moving away from Arvini and he was realizing his opposition right then.

Arvini swinging sword connected, but but the bodyguard assassin’s thick leather armor absorbed the blow as he quickly twisted around to avoid the brunt of the attack.

Jarold, seeing Arvini taking a hit from the bodyguard earlier, has abandoned his pursuit of the archer and now quickly spun around and charged against Arvini’s opponent at that moment. He took that opportunity to strike while Arvini’s opponent was distracted from the front and slashed at the man’s right side from behind.

Jarold’s blade managed to barely get into the leather, but it gave way somewhat, and a long slit began to appear, showing pale skin. The wound was starting to quickly bleed from that thin gap.

The bodyguard grunted at the slice hit, holding the part of his body where the small wound was starting to bleed.

Seeing that he was outnumbered and outmatched, the bodyguard assassin edged away and then maneuvered deeper into the wooded part of the path, using the combination of the darkness and his dark clothing to blend into the shadowy areas.
~~

Arvini kept watch for any hints of the bodyguard’s whereabouts, but the bodyguard assassin’s dark outfit seemed to blend in the dark. She would need to move around deeper into the brush to find him.

However, she did notice in the moonlight from her spot the small specks of blood on the ground (and on some of the leaves of the bush plants) that seemed to leave a very thin trail as the bodyguard assassin stumbled through some ferns.

Arvini also saw the glint of water to the northeastern side of her, and she guessed that was the other side of the shoreline, so the enemy certainly was not going to go through that way. Unless he could run fast enough to the ocean and breathe underwater long enough or something.

So, he would most likely try to hide further north of the path ahead, or try go to the right where his buddy was at.

Where Arvini and her own shipmates and Aldin ally were at, it was at the southern border of the brush, and if the assassin wanted to get past them down here, he would need to risk being exposed in the open since the bushy plantlife gave way to patches of short grass and mud, and then, finally, the sandy beach and ocean.

So, a smart choice would be either more north towards the cobbled path, or heading to the right.

Arvini also remembered the sign up north mentioned the forks leading into parts of the town. The area with a church and perhaps another location was on the left fork, while the town area with the market, the Watchhouse, the taverns, and the pillowhouse they came from was on the right fork.

These assassin-bodyguards must have from the north path somewhere. (She did find a stuffed lobster and piece of blue cloth on the path, after all.) They might have a hideout somewhere in town.

There was a loud neigh, and Arvini noticed the Sorceress’ horse starting to freak out and seemed ready to run off. The horse was starting to spin itself to face towards the northern path. The horse was ready to abandon its rider, who was still seizing on the ground, making gasping and retching sounds, her mouth starting to spill some blood.

Then, Arvini saw the archer retreating from the tree and trying to hide into the plant life brush as well.

Spoiler: Show
Arvini will have to do Perception check against the bodyguard assassins to find them again.


Angus aimed his beak to attack the archer, but the archer apparently had leather armor, which protected the archer from getting damage from Angus’ dive attack. The enemy also had black leather gloves on his hands, and he protected his head this way from Angus’ beak and claw attacks.

However, Angus did manage to cause the archer to lose his balance and fall off the tree he was trying to climb up.

The archer’s bow and arrows spilled to the ground once again, and Jarold accidentally kicked some of the arrows aside as he ran to help Arvini.

Angus saw dark, thin arrows with black feathers and sharp tips. Something liquid dripped off one of them, and Angus caught its gleam within the moonlight. Were they some kind of poisoned arrow tips?

Suddenly, there was some movement, and the bodyguard managed to snatch up his quiver and bow, and several of his arrows before retreating into the brush.

Angus knew that the bodyguards were in a tight spot here, for there was the farmland and beaches and Angus and his allies near the barn area. These bodyguards would need to risk going out into the open and dealing with Angus and friends if they tried traveling towards the Faldin’s Farm to the pig’s barn.

The Sorceress’ horse neighed and it spun to face the northern path, ready to abandon its rider and allies, it seemed.

Spoiler: Show
If Angus wants to find the bodyguards again, he would need to roll an opposing Perception roll against their stealth rolls above.


Pira rushes to the scene right when the bodyguards retreating into the brush.

The Sorceress was still seizing on the ground, making gasping and retching, blood starting to drip from her swollen lips. Her skin was turning to a sickly tint, and her fingers were twitching stiffly and turning blue.

Pira was getting close to the Sorceress when suddenly, the Sorceress’ horse neighed and reared up, nearly hitting Pira in the face. The horse was panicked and seemed ready to escape the situation as he spun around to face the northern path.
 

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pira jumped back from the horse and grabbed at its reins. "Calm down or you are going to hurt yourself," she told it.

It was not a Ryhorse, but Pira was familiar with regular horses and they propensity for hurting themselves.

OOC:
Communication roll perhaps? +2
so an 11
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus
"Someone needs to look after the sorceress!" he called out to the others. "Take care of the poison and knock her out. Or do it in reverse order."

With that taken care of, he focused on trying to find those assassin bodyguards. He didn't want them causing any more trouble for the others.

OOC: Conviction Reroll: 3d6+3 16
 

ajdynon

Registered User
Validated User
Arvini (Health 7/36, Conviction 3 (I've failed to keep track, so I'll just use the 3 points you just gave us)

"And keep running, you black-hearted curs!" Arvini yells after them. She tries to spot where they've gone - failing that, she'll take up a defensive stance and get ready to fight any that pops out close enough to her.

OOC: Perception 11 3 Stunt points if I succeed, which I'll use for Devensive Stance and Advantageous Positioning
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

"Yeah! Don't let us see you around these parts again ya bastards! Unless you want a sharp rock between the eyes!" Johan growls and lets the remaining stones clatter to the ground. With Arvini and Angus keeping an eye out and Pira getting the horse under control, Johan tends to the poisoned Sorceress. "Sorry lady, but I'm not gonna let ya die that easy! We're saving yer life whether ya like it or not!" Johan's hands hover over the convulsing woman and by using some minor application of his Water Shaping Arcana he tries to get the Sorceress to throw up some of the poison.

OOC: Spending a Minor Action to move up to the Sorceress and a Major Action to use Heal.

TN 11 Int Test: 3d6+2 = 18 (6,4,6)
Success! The sorceress heals 9 HP
 

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Calm down there horse," Pira said, giving the loose reins a gentle tug. "No help if you got tromping around here and step on people or break your leg."
 

LatinaBunny

Moody Mermaid
Validated User
Location: Faldin’s farm, in the brush north of the pig’s barn

Pira, Adept
Pira jumped back from the horse and grabbed at its reins. "Calm down or you are going to hurt yourself," she told it.

It was not a Ryhorse, but Pira was familiar with regular horses and they propensity for hurting themselves.

OOC:
Communication roll perhaps? +2
so an 11


"Calm down there horse," Pira said, giving the loose reins a gentle tug. "No help if you got tromping around here and step on people or break your leg."
Pira was very much experienced with horses due to her Rezean upbringing, so it was no surprise to her that the horse was malleable to her calming methods. The horse snorted but had stopped rearing back, and Pira used the reins to calmly and carefully direct the horse away from her shipmates/friends, just in case the horse starts stomping around again.

She moved him to a nearby spot that was bit more open with more grass and ferns than trees, so he could feel more comfortable and probably feed. Pira made sure she was still close enough to quickly provide any backup to her shipmates, just in case, and that there was enough of the high brush behind herself so that she can hide in them if she ever needs to for some reason.

With the moonlight now shining upon the horse, Pira could see that he was a beautiful, elegant black stallion with delicate silky black mane streaming down its back and over his eyes. He looked healthy enough and very fit. No doubt because he needs to be if the bad guys needed to make a getaway.

Pira felt this was a horse that was probably cared for, at the very least. The saddle and bridle set was still in excellent condition, and he was not filthy or rib thin, and his mane was not matted.

Based on his demeanor, this was not a wild, stray horse, but one that was tamed and trained for running. A little skittish, but she certainly can’t blame him.

As she touched the bridle and saddle, she felt something was off and opened a small compartment in the under lid of the saddle. Inside, was a very tiny token attached to a string to the saddle.

Upon closer inspection, there was a small red rune marking etched upon it.

Pira used her magical senses and drew upon her own knowledge of witchcraft and background in order to identify and figure out this rune. She had a general feeling that it was one of those special runes that protected the wearer (in this case, the horse). No, wait. Not just from physical harm, but from theft.

If she glanced at the horse carefully with magic sight, she could see a thin thread connecting the horse’s saddle to somewhere on the Sorceress’ body or somewhere on her clothing.

So, it might be a distance anti-separation spell: the horse can only be so far from his owner before something happens?

Who could do such a spell? Was it the Sorceress herself?

Or had they hired someone to put such a spell? This wasn’t a typical Arcana.

No. The rune and the feel of the spell felt familiar to Pira.

This was witchcraft.

~~

Angus, Expert
Angus
"Someone needs to look after the sorceress!" he called out to the others. "Take care of the poison and knock her out. Or do it in reverse order."

With that taken care of, he focused on trying to find those assassin bodyguards. He didn't want them causing any more trouble for the others.

OOC: Conviction Reroll: 3d6+3 16
Angus flew around a few times, angling here and there, to scour the landscape with his sharp eyesight.

Then he found them.

On Angus’ left side (with the crow’s body facing north) was a slight rustle of the brush further down south of Arvini, heading towards the pig’s barn.

On the opposite side, on his right, was another rustle, but this one was sticking close to the trees. Angus saw a glimpse of the sharp corner of the bow, and he knew on the right, this was the archer. Since he was following the trees, perhaps he was looking for a tree to shoot from?

Out of the corner of his eye, Angus also saw some movement coming from the east from town, a woman riding a horse, which was galloping towards the Faldin farm.

This young-looking beautiful woman was not wearing any hooded cloaks or anything similar to what the Sorceress and the bodyguards were wearing, and her head was uncovered, showing very long blonde, silky locks. She was dressed in a light purple dress over brown riding breeches and sturdy black boots. Angus then saw the bird symbols on her dress sleeves, and recognized the outfit as one that the local pillowhouse workers often wore.

The woman’s eyes surveyed the area as she stopped by the farmhouse and got off the horse, petting it and ordering it to stay near the farmhouse.

The woman then headed towards the pig’s barn, and as she got near the big double barn doors, she glanced up at Angus and held up a hand to him.

Wait, how did she manage to see him in the dark? He was doing his best to be stealthy as he flew around, and his dark feathers blended in parts of the night sky as he flew. She also found her way around the darkness pretty well. She must have some sort of night vision?

The woman psychically called out to him, <<Is this... Agnes? Angus? Officer Jarold sent for me to protect a... pig, of some sort? My name’s Julinn, from The Soft Bird. He sounded urgent, but his speech was hard to hear from so far, so pardon me for not understanding. Would you mind filling me in? He said it’s in the barn?>>

Angus didn’t get any pinching feelings of Socerery or saw any magical signs of Sorcery tendrils emanating from her (so far), and she seemed sincere enough.

Looking to the brush, the bodyguards were still rustling within, and are still heading south towards the pig’s barn.

~~
Arvini, Warrior
Arvini (Health 7/36, Conviction 3 (I've failed to keep track, so I'll just use the 3 points you just gave us)

"And keep running, you black-hearted curs!" Arvini yells after them. She tries to spot where they've gone - failing that, she'll take up a defensive stance and get ready to fight any that pops out close enough to her.

OOC: Perception 11 3 Stunt points if I succeed, which I'll use for Devensive Stance and Advantageous Positioning
Arvini searched carefully for the bodyguards. She only can catch some rustling, on both sides of her. Based on the southern direction the rustling was heading down towards pig barn. Possible to finish off the shadow-pig?

The one closest to her left (if she was facing the northern path) was behind her, so she turned around and saw the back of his leather armor. He was crouching low, and weaving back and forth within the brush.

His back was to her, so she had an opportunity to attack from behind.

Pira was dealing with the startled horse, and she seemed to have been successful in calming the horse.

Meanwhile, out of the corner of her eye, Arvini noticed that Johan was also successful with his own task and he was dealing with the Sorceress, forcing the poison pills out of the Sorceress. The Sorceress spat out the pills and the poison liquid and then glared at Johan.

Arvini saw that Jarold was on the right side, on the opposite side of Arvini. He was watching Johan while still on guard, his eyes searching for the bodyguard.

Arvini saw there was some rustling in the brush near a tree a few yards away from Jarold, towards the south. He could easily reach the bodyguard if he was warned and ran after him. Arvini could see the corner of the bow that the bodyguard was carrying.

Both bodyguards would be moving faster once they reach the southern tip. She guessed they were willing to run towards the pig barn if left undeterred.

She could perhaps race them to the pig barn. She could see that the pig barn windows were still open from when she and Jarold had charged and rolled out of them.

Spoiler: Show
You can do a Dexterity roll if you wish to race them, or you can try moving and do an attack roll on the one closest to you (the one with his back to you), since he’s within attack range.

Or something else, of course.

Here is their Dex roll if you want to race them (I’m doing one roll for both to keep it simple): 3d6+3=9

Racing to the barn: 3d6+3 9

They have similar stats to Angus/Arvini, but with a Stealth focus whenever they stealth-hide/blend.


~~
Johan, Adept
Johan Darche

"Yeah! Don't let us see you around these parts again ya bastards! Unless you want a sharp rock between the eyes!" Johan growls and lets the remaining stones clatter to the ground. With Arvini and Angus keeping an eye out and Pira getting the horse under control, Johan tends to the poisoned Sorceress. "Sorry lady, but I'm not gonna let ya die that easy! We're saving yer life whether ya like it or not!" Johan's hands hover over the convulsing woman and by using some minor application of his Water Shaping Arcana he tries to get the Sorceress to throw up some of the poison.

OOC: Spending a Minor Action to move up to the Sorceress and a Major Action to use Heal.

TN 11 Int Test: 3d6+2 = 18 (6,4,6)
Success! The sorceress heals 9 HP
Johan concentrated as his power flowed into the woman, and he used his magical sight to see that the tendrils of his Water Arcana were getting deep into the woman’s throat, urging the poison upwards.

To his satisfaction, the Sorceress choked and then the poisonous liquid from the pills steamed out in an arc, guided by the blue tendrils of his own Water Arcana to flow out of the woman and onto the ground.

The Sorceress coughed and then stopped convulsing. She blinked, confused. She got up on her elbows and glanced at the broken pills and poison liquid scattered beside her.

She then saw Johan, and she must have realized what he must have done, and she gave him an outright angry glare as she felt for her pouch, which was on her belt. The one where she drew the pillls from. She looked as if she was going to get something from said pouch, once she found said pouch.

Spoiler: Show
Make an opposing Dexterity check or a spell, or whatever technique you want to use, if you wish to stop her.
3d6+2=10

Trying to get into the pouch again: 3d6+2 10
 
Last edited:

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pira looked at the rune carefully. If this was witchcraft she wanted to know exactly what it did, and perhaps getting a feeling for who did this magic.

She did not care for witchcraft and sorcery mixing.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus

Caught off guard by the sudden contact, he flapped around aimlessly for a moment before refocusing.
<<Watch out, there are assassins moving towards your area. You heard correctly about a pig you needed to guard. It's not an actual pig, just disguised as one. You should be able to recognize it immediately, it has elements of the Shadow around it. It's an important witness to finding a boy that went missing.>>

As he spoke with Julinn, he followed after the archer. Since he had a tough time piercing through the armour, he was going to wait until the archer was climbing a tree before he'd harass him again and hopefully have the archer fall down. In the mean time, he could relay what he saw to the others.
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

“GRAH! Stop that! Stop trying to kill yerself ya damned fool!” Johan roars angrily, his patience wearing very thin. With a swift motion he holds up his hand and taps into his nature arcana, causing the plants to violently explode around the sorceress and try to pin her in place.

OOC: Going to use Plant Shape to try and pin the sorceress with a -1 from exhaustion.

Plant Shape: 3d6+4 = 18
TN 11 Fatigue Check: 3d6+2 = 11

Passed the fatigue test, beat the sorceress’ dex result of 10, and generated 6 stunt points on the arcana roll. Which I will spend on Imposing Arcana. Anyone who tries to make a melee attack on Johan has to pass a TN12 Willpower(Courage) test. If they fail they have to take a defense or move action instead.
 
Top Bottom